nuance speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : nuance speakers

FutureShopAssociate
01-07-2004, 10:41 PM
I notice a lot of ppl either slamming this product or praising it in the reviews but nothing in the forums. I used to sell nuance and i also own nuance. what do all of you think about this product?

FutureShopAssociate
01-12-2004, 01:02 PM
I just posted a picture of my nuance system. heres the link http://www.audioreview.com/GALPhoto_60866crx.aspx

huds
01-13-2004, 12:27 PM
I'll be brief. Nuance speakers are garbage!

FutureShopAssociate
01-14-2004, 10:17 AM
I'll be brief, ur an ass. clean the wax out of ur ears buddy.

Pat D
01-14-2004, 03:45 PM
I hear also that reviewers are not even allowed in their room at hi-fi shows, too. Why is this? Why do they not want anyone to review their speakers?

CDN
12-12-2006, 02:32 AM
Hello. I have recently purchased a set of the n500's. I am confused as to the lack of info I am finding. Any ideas as to where to look? What was the original retail on these speakers? Any concerns?

drseid
12-15-2006, 02:11 AM
I'll be brief. Nuance speakers are garbage!

You can call this guy names, but you did ask our opinion on the speakers... I think the statement above does describe the general consensus on the speakers (although I suppose a less aggresive descriptor could have been used). That said, if you are happy with them, then that is all that matters.

Happy listening,

---Dave

kexodusc
12-15-2006, 08:33 AM
I've never heard or seen a Nuance speaker, but no self respecting speaker builder makes anything with Black & Decker tools....
http://www.onlycc.com/Services.htm

basite
12-15-2006, 08:49 AM
okay, right, maybe you don't like us to say it, and obviously, you wouldn't believe us anyways, but still i'm going to say it, note that when you like them, they are good to you, but still, nuance is crap, pure garbage, they make money out of crappy speakers made for your $50 stereo 'system', but they are made nicer with the fake piano laquer on them, and after a little googling, you'll find various sites with other people saying that these 'speakers' are crap.

maybe this will clear things up:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=47835

they are made by some company making speakers for shops like wal-mart and stuff.

whatever you payed for them, 99% of it is pure profit.

and btw,
usually, people ask their opinions BEFORE they buy something, when they don't, well,
things like yours happen.

basite
12-15-2006, 08:53 AM
ooh, yeah, before i forget, the link i gave you is a link to a forum, in the topic is a link to nuance's site, there you will find nothing, the only useful thing i found there was a manual, which proves my point of mass made speakers. the brand name still haves to be mounted on the speakers!!!

for gods sake, please inform yourselves when you buy something expensive.

update: after looking to your profile, and please, update it, you're not an audiophile, not even close.

pitbosskev
12-15-2006, 10:55 AM
I agree that they are wwwaaayyy to over priced. I see ads all the time of people seliing Nuance for fractions of their retail price. One guy I knew was selling his XL (I think), which he paid over 20,000 for, for only 5,000. Still overpriced in my opinion. Which really doesn't matter.

audio_dude
12-15-2006, 07:20 PM
you know, this stuff is beginning to look like white van ****...

is it like the "fluance" speakers that get advertised on the right??

emorphien
12-15-2006, 07:49 PM
I don't think I've ever heard of this brand. I'm familiar with Fluance but not nuance... at least I think.

Yesterday I thought I knew of them, today I've convinced myself that I don't, but I'm not actually convinced.

I realize that made no sense.

audio_dude
12-16-2006, 06:55 AM
yeah....riiiiigggghhtttt....

always try to buy from a reputable Audio/Video store, ALWAYS, ALWAYS look online for reviews and information on google, if nothing shows up, and you know for a fact that the speakers are NOT new, then please, ignore them, and yes, listen a bit to what the sales man says, but in the end, trust your EARS! if you hear 2 speakers, one at $500 and one at $1000, and there is only a tiny difference, think to yourself, what could i do with the extra cash? would i be satisfied with them until I upgrade? don't listen to the sales man on this.

Florian
12-16-2006, 08:07 AM
I own a pair and sold my entire Apogee collection for them. They are great quality and a true audiophiles dream.

Keep on rocking

GMichael
12-16-2006, 08:12 AM
I own a pair and sold my entire Apogee collection for them. They are great quality and a true audiophiles dream.

Keep on rocking

The sky must be falling.

Florian
12-16-2006, 08:20 AM
The sky must be falling.
No i am serious, i learned from this forum that its the music that counts and not the speakers and prices. So i sold my Apogees and bought some Nuances. I am dissapointed at how the brand is treated here and for my choices. You guys should straighten up!

JoeE SP9
12-16-2006, 08:27 AM

Keep on rocking

I'm so terribly hurt. You didn't give me the option to buy that Apogge stuff. I would have traded you straight up for some Nuance POS.:ihih:

GMichael
12-16-2006, 08:33 AM
No i am serious, i learned from this forum that its the music that counts and not the speakers and prices. So i sold my Apogees and bought some Nuances. I am dissapointed at how the brand is treated here and for my choices. You guys should straighten up!

You should have told me. I would have traded the Yamaha speakers that came in my HTIB for those Apogees.

GMichael
12-16-2006, 08:35 AM
Come on Flo. Won't you join us over here? http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=20727

basite
12-16-2006, 10:58 AM

what about trading those apogees for my advents? ooh, you can have my pc soundcard for that nice amp of yours... :cornut:

on the other hand,
nah, can't get the apogees in here anyways...

Florian
12-16-2006, 01:48 PM
Mmmh, sorry guys but i traded them in for the nuance home cinema set so that i can sell the high end vinyl setup go into digital audio using my high end squeeze box and enjoy simulated 5.1 surround sound. Sure beats the **** out of the 16 year old apos....

Harleyx
12-16-2006, 03:36 PM
WORST design, WORST materials, = WORST speakers ever.
Why do you think they can give away big screen TVs & "bargain" the price to 1/2?
They are a 1 time sale. Anyone without an auditory problem would either never buy more or try to return them.
They are the reason International Stereo stores are gone.
But, it's always hard to get someone to admit they were screwed...so owners stick up for their goofs.

PAT.P
12-17-2006, 06:28 PM
Mmmh, sorry guys but i traded them in for the nuance home cinema set so that i can sell the high end vinyl setup go into digital audio using my high end squeeze box and enjoy simulated 5.1 surround sound. Sure beats the **** out of the 16 year old apos....:confused5: Gone for a while and what been going on .I want the old Flo back:ihih:

Florian
12-17-2006, 06:48 PM
:confused5: .I want the old Flo back:ihih:

Let me try again....

You all suck! Your equipment sucks! All this HIFI and "bargain" trash is for loosers. If you dont own 100K$ speakers like me, your a looser. I am the best in the world! Muahah, and now that i have the BOSE 301 i am KING OF THE WORLD!........

J/k :idea:

PAT.P
12-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Let me try again....

You all suck! Your equipment sucks! All this HIFI and "bargain" trash is for loosers. If you dont own 100K$ speakers like me, your a looser. I am the best in the world! Muahah, and now that i have the BOSE 301 i am KING OF THE WORLD!........

J/k :idea: Thank You:ihih: Not much in the audio scene since you have the Holly Grail of speakers.:ihih: I turn myself to the drumming family:16:

Florian
12-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Yeah, i am actually seriously bored since i got them. No more wishes :-( Now i am down to installing a dedicated main powerline for the system. Its all a little crazy...

PAT.P
12-17-2006, 07:32 PM
Yeah, i am actually seriously bored since i got them. No more wishes :-( Now i am down to installing a dedicated main powerline for the system. Its all a little crazy...Must cost you lots of $$ to feed them some juice in Germany.:ihih:

Florian
12-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Its hell, the speaker sucks juice like Britney Speaers on an open bar.... Bloddy 4200watts ...not to mention the sucky class A efficency.

audio_dude
12-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Muahah, and now that i have the BOSE 301 i am KING OF THE WORLD!.......

aww man! and i that bose sucked! now, where to find the $3000 to get a Bose 5.1 HTiB? any donations??!!

GMichael
12-18-2006, 06:19 AM
Its hell, the speaker sucks juice like Britney Speaers on an open bar.... Bloddy 4200watts ...not to mention the sucky class A efficency.

Yeah, but do they stumble into public rest rooms in their bare feet? Now THAT'S class A.

kexodusc
12-18-2006, 07:34 AM
Yeah, but do they stumble into public rest rooms in their bare feet? Now THAT'S class A.
Who owns you?

GMichael
12-18-2006, 07:38 AM
Who owns you?

Errr...?

Owns? I must not be catching on. Again. Could you type a little S-L-O-W-E-R for me?

kexodusc
12-18-2006, 08:23 AM
Errr...?

Owns? I must not be catching on. Again. Could you type a little S-L-O-W-E-R for me?
Just a friendly jab at your seemingly endless supply of wit and trademark GM-humor...you're an animal - hence "who owns you"?

GMichael
12-18-2006, 08:30 AM
Just a friendly jab at your seemingly endless supply of wit and trademark GM-humor...you're an animal - hence "who owns you"?

Oh, I get it now. Duh.. You know what they say, "if you can't dazle'm with brains, baffle'm with B.S."

audio_dude
12-18-2006, 02:31 PM
Oh, I get it now. Duh.. You know what they say, "if you can't dazle'm with brains, baffle'm with B.S."

OMG!!! THATS THE BESTEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!! *faints* *THUD*

emorphien
12-18-2006, 02:57 PM
that guy is never coming back to this forum

JoeE SP9
12-18-2006, 03:00 PM

:17: We all should be suffering so much.:ihih:
Remember; The nicer the nice the higher the price.:)

JoeE SP9
12-18-2006, 03:06 PM
that guy is never coming back to this forum

I hope that's a requiem not a complaint.:ihih:

Dusty Chalk
12-19-2006, 01:09 PM
I love the direction this thread has gone since I left.

aritikk23
07-06-2019, 12:39 AM
Hi do u still have the n-500s

rondello
07-21-2019, 07:09 PM
If you're looking for used n-500 speakers, try kijiji.