Led Zeppelin [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Led Zeppelin

shokhead
09-15-2005, 05:37 AM
Whats the best remaster of any of the CD's? How does how the west was won sound?

kexodusc
09-15-2005, 07:46 AM
I found the remasters to be small but consistent improvments. I did replace I-IV and Physical Graffiti, but not the others. I and II really benefited IMO.
West Was Won sounds like old music captured on a CD. Not the greatest sound, but a necessary addition to their catalogue. I'd recommend their DVD instead, but that's just me.

3-LockBox
09-16-2005, 06:51 PM
I found the remasters to be small but consistent improvments. I did replace I-IV and Physical Graffiti, but not the others. I and II really benefited IMO.
West Was Won sounds like old music captured on a CD. Not the greatest sound, but a necessary addition to their catalogue. I'd recommend their DVD instead, but that's just me.

I have the first box set (the one with the crop circles on the cover). I found that these offered slight sonic improvement, most notably in the mid-bass. But you have to remember that albums <b>III</b> thru <b>Physical Graffiti</b> were recorded using a portable recording studio, in less than adequate surroundings. I think the current remasters are as good as its gonna get.

However, I'd have to emphasize what you said. The DVD is the holy grail of Led Zep sets; blows the movie <u>Song Remains The Same</u> away for both sound quality <i>and</i> performance.