removing speaker grille [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : removing speaker grille

Astro
09-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Hey guys, Just wondering is it safe to perminantly remove the grill from speakers at all? I have no children or animals that can scratch, poke , and play with the drivers themselvs, only thing that I do have is dust. If I keep up with the cleaning and dusting of the speakers will it be ok? Also can dust itself ruin a driver or harm it in anyway?

Geoffcin
09-14-2005, 02:52 PM
Grills are just a nessasary evil.

topspeed
09-14-2005, 04:09 PM
Hey guys, Just wondering is it safe to perminantly remove the grill from speakers at all? I have no children or animals that can scratch, poke , and play with the drivers themselvs, only thing that I do have is dust. If I keep up with the cleaning and dusting of the speakers will it be ok? Also can dust itself ruin a driver or harm it in anyway?
If your speakers are in direct sunlight, there is a chance that removing the grills can cause premature rot of your foam rolls (if your speakers even have 'em). Otherwise, toss the grills.

Geoffcin
09-14-2005, 04:14 PM
If your speakers are in direct sunlight, there is a chance that removing the grills can cause premature rot of your foam rolls (if your speakers even have 'em). Otherwise, toss the grills.

"premature rot of your foam rolls"

Man, if they told me that in heath class I'd still be a virgin!

L.J.
09-14-2005, 04:21 PM
Does the grill affect the sound?

Or, will you get better sound with the grill off?

recoveryone
09-14-2005, 05:01 PM
Does the grill affect the sound?

Or, will you get better sound with the grill off?
It will be all in your head, Never heard of any real difference between grilled speakers or not. Unless the grill's are poorly designed.