My new Emo band is called Tuesday. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My new Emo band is called Tuesday.

-Jar-
09-13-2005, 12:03 PM
I listened to some of my all time favorite comps this week:

Ex-Lion Tamer's THE SOUND OF DREAMS. All winners here with me. Great flow and variety, but all very dreamy at the same time. That old Creatures track always brings a big wide smile to my face. And then I get to "Consequence" by Notwist, and I'm like, man, I've heard this in the past couple days, what the hay.. ah.. it's on Slosh's MIDSUMMER SET. Awesome stuff. Speaking of them, great kickoff track on another favorite comp..

Davey's HOLIDAY MIXER. "Pilot" - I think everyone's put that one on a comp at one time or another.. I think I got this around the exact same time as the maf comp above (Dec. 2002?). Must have been a great time for music eh? Man this has some great stuff by Voyager One, Radar Brothers, Sixteen Horsepower, Blackheart Procession and great stuff to totally sink into with a decent pair of headphones and a comfy chair. Yay.

I also have Mr. Midfi's JUST SAY YO! in the queue for my next comp listen.. also one of my favorites. The Cure, Yes, Santana, R.E.M., Fleetwood Mac and Genesis together? You bet!

Not much else to speak of,
some dirty rotten southern rock studge from Buzzoven (early stuff). And satanic cyber-blitz mathrock from Today is the Day (TEMPLE OF THE MORNING STAR)

man I've been writing this for a half hour, I hope another Tuesday thread didn't sprout up while I wasn't looking!

-jar

-Jar-
09-13-2005, 12:19 PM
I guess I need to get out Slosh's SONGS FOR THE DEF comp.

heh.

Davey
09-13-2005, 12:23 PM
Hey hey hey! We heard ya the first time, buddy! Wha, ya think we're all deaf?

Yeah, this place is running slow today. Think they might've lost one of the squirrels last night. I knew they were getting kind of old. Be a sad day in Toonsville :(

Davey
09-13-2005, 12:32 PM
I guess I need to get out Slosh's SONGS FOR THE DEF comp.

heh.
And they still can't get the responses in the right order either! Guess that s<a>hit can happen when the squirrels get running too fast...

ForeverAutumn
09-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Excellent! That means that Colin James' new disk came out today. I may have to take a drive to Future Shop tonight and get me a copy. :D

A lot of the same stuff as last week.

The Shout Out Louds - Howl Howl, Gaff Gaff (I keep wanting to say howl howl, cough, cough :eek: )

Death Cab for Cutie - Plans and Something About Airplanes

Rheostatics - Whale Music - We were supposed to go see them live on Saturday night, but I was sick :( . Good thing that we didn't buy our tickets in advance. :)

Scissor Sisters - S/T

The Trews - Den of Thieves

And my iPod on shuffle.

Mr MidFi
09-13-2005, 02:12 PM
I also have Mr. Midfi's JUST SAY YO! in the queue for my next comp listen.. also one of my favorites. The Cure, Yes, Santana, R.E.M., Fleetwood Mac and Genesis together? You bet!

-jar

Wow. I just read this about 10 minutes after enjoying your Porky Tree comp. And THAT is an all-timer, no doubt. (It's "Wo!" by the way, not "Yo!". Sorry...I'm a bit of a spelling nazi.)

-Jar-
09-13-2005, 02:36 PM
Wow. I just read this about 10 minutes after enjoying your Porky Tree comp. And THAT is an all-timer, no doubt. (It's "Wo!" by the way, not "Yo!". Sorry...I'm a bit of a spelling nazi.)

Right, JUST SAY YO! was one of those alternative comps that came out in the late 80's... I remember it had "Ya Ho" by James on it.

Hehe.

Maybe the first one was "JUST SAY YES!" or something.

Kind of an anti-Nancy Bush thing I guess.

hehe.

-jar