Clearing their Dahlquist brand [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Clearing their Dahlquist brand

PAT.P
09-13-2005, 05:32 AM
Went to my favorite audio store website and notice they had a insane sale on Dahlquist speakers .Jump in car to be there first thing in the morning , but the centre channel that was posted on their floor display clearance was sold two days earlier . I was told they were clearing all their Dahlquist and they will not be selling them anymore.Find out that Nuance bought out Dahlquist and they dont want to sell them because of this.Thats when I got lucky they had the largest of the Dahlquist centre on display and made a deal.This one was a $600 +(Canadian) centre and was able to buy it at $229 .Its a QX60CA ,frequency 52hz -20khz,94db @ 2.83v,1m the crossover is at 4khz.As soon as replace my old JBL for this one and used the YPAO on my Yamaha to do sound adjustments notice a great improvement on the voice department .If anybody looking for a great deal on Dahlquist speaker check out price at www.audioshop.on.ca they also have Energy on sale .Marc Hallam is a great guy to deal with and could trust is experience.Pat.P

carrier
09-13-2005, 08:44 AM
Went to my favorite audio store website and notice they had a insane sale on Dahlquist speakers .Jump in car to be there first thing in the morning , but the centre channel that was posted on their floor display clearance was sold two days earlier . I was told they were clearing all their Dahlquist and they will not be selling them anymore.Find out that Nuance bought out Dahlquist and they dont want to sell them because of this.Thats when I got lucky they had the largest of the Dahlquist centre on display and made a deal.This one was a $600 +(Canadian) centre and was able to buy it at $229 .Its a QX60CA ,frequency 52hz -20khz,94db @ 2.83v,1m the crossover is at 4khz.As soon as replace my old JBL for this one and used the YPAO on my Yamaha to do sound adjustments notice a great improvement on the voice department .If anybody looking for a great deal on Dahlquist speaker check out price at www.audioshop.on.ca they also have Energy on sale .Marc Hallam is a great guy to deal with and could trust is experience.Pat.P

Hi Pat ,

just wanted pass along a comment about the pricing you received . audioshop website
also shows energy veritas 2.4 for 2499.99 cdn . this is what got me interested in
upgrading my speakers . i auditioned the veritas at a local shop and they were
listing them at 4900.00 . these were the 2.4i new model , i`m not sure if the audioshop
offering is the older 2.4 model , but the point is , there is alot of flexibility in pricing on
some speakers , as you paid less than 1/2 price off list on another brand. mind you they may have been losing some profit on them considering the circumstances .
i really wanted to like the veritas 2.4 but when i heard them even at 2499.00
i didnt think i heard enough to make a change .

PAT.P
09-13-2005, 10:29 AM
carrier
Talk to Marc Hallam is great to make a deal with and try the Dahlquist towers QX10 ,I have the QX9 and are great .I bought mine a few years ago at the price he selling them today.The reason they are reducing the price on the Dahlquist is they dont want to deal with Nuance .These are selling below their cost and was their best selling product .When I bought mine a few years ago there was a line in the store waiting for the truck to unload them (truck load sale)The QX10 were going at $699 then and today they retail around $1700.I was to late by 2 people ,so I bought the Qx9 and dont regret it.

nightflier
09-14-2005, 02:03 PM
I have only read about these speakers, never heard them and never seen them. Can someone comment on where these speaker rank compare to other speakers in their price range. Are they more on the warm or mellow side, materials, etc....

Also, how are their bookshelf speakers in the QX9 line?

Thanks.

PAT.P
09-14-2005, 07:30 PM
I have only read about these speakers, never heard them and never seen them. Can someone comment on where these speaker rank compare to other speakers in their price range. Are they more on the warm or mellow side, materials, etc....

Also, how are their bookshelf speakers in the QX9 line?

Thanks.
I would compare them with the Paradigm Performance Series and Energy C but with a better imaging sound,better low-frequency and better room sensitivity(db).The audioshop use to sell Paradigm and decided to drop them for the Dahlquist .They told me that the Dahlquist was a better bang for the bucks.The quality is great and are solid built.Never did a review on them because Im still adding .I have the QX9 floorstanding ,QX20R direct & ambiant rear surround ,QX-100SA sub and this week I bought their largest centre channel QX60C .Im going to see if they have any QX10 still in store .I have Energy speaker also and Paradigm but nothing could replace my Dahlquist.I listen to all kind of music and these really make it more enjoyable .I'll never buy another brand again Im set on these and this is the truth.As for their bookshelf I would go with the QX6 they are almost the same as their QX8 towers.There a review at http://www.futurelooks.com/?m=show&id=20&page=2

3db
09-15-2005, 04:37 AM
carrier

Are you anywhere near Ottawa? The Audioshop on bank Street?

PAT.P
09-15-2005, 05:24 AM
3db carrier lives in Toronto .He was testing the Energy V.The audioshop also sell Totem these are one great looking and sounding speaker and more of Mr Green.I like this store the most in the Ottawa region because they dont pressure you on sale .Some place where they sell the B&W brand look at the wearing apparel and ask you how much you want to spend.Some store that use to sell Paradigm (out of business) would follow you like lost puppy.I like more down to earth people .

3db
09-15-2005, 06:29 AM
3db carrier lives in Toronto .He was testing the Energy V.The audioshop also sell Totem these are one great looking and sounding speaker and more of Mr Green.I like this store the most in the Ottawa region because they dont pressure you on sale .Some place where they sell the B&W brand look at the wearing apparel and ask you how much you want to spend.Some store that use to sell Paradigm (out of business) would follow you like lost puppy.I like more down to earth people .

I'm now in Belleville myself but I got my PSB system from the AudioCentre in Ottawa. They left you alone until you approached someone fort questions. I liked that approach. They also sell Totem, Revel, and I think I saw Boston Acoustics in there too.

PAT.P
09-15-2005, 10:02 AM
I would compare them with the Paradigm Performance Series and Energy C but with a better imaging sound,better low-frequency and better room sensitivity(db).The audioshop use to sell Paradigm and decided to drop them for the Dahlquist .They told me that the Dahlquist was a better bang for the bucks.The quality is great and are solid built.Never did a review on them because Im still adding .I have the QX9 floorstanding ,QX20R direct & ambiant rear surround ,QX-100SA sub and this week I bought their largest centre channel QX60C .Im going to see if they have any QX10 still in store .I have Energy speaker also and Paradigm but nothing could replace my Dahlquist.I listen to all kind of music and these really make it more enjoyable .I'll never buy another brand again Im set on these and this is the truth.As for their bookshelf I would go with the QX6 they are almost the same as their QX8 towers.There a review at http://www.futurelooks.com/?m=show&id=20&page=2
Went back today and bought 2 more centre channel the QX40CA ,these will be use as Presence speakers (ambiant effects produced by DSP).They are more compact than bookself speaker.They only have two more in store ,they only have the QX9A towers and only 6 pairs.Had a talk with Marc and ask him is opinion where he would Dahlquist for rating and performance.Mark told me that it would be with the Paradigm Monitor Series.The Dahlquist were also the best selling speaker in the store.Nuance are probably going to sell these at a ridiculous price with their sale pitch .The Dahlquist will probably be their HighEnd speakers :p