put down yr cigarette... and drop out of the workforce!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : put down yr cigarette... and drop out of the workforce!!

Corey Woods
09-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Nearly two years of working at an independent record store (most of that co-managing it) are drawing to a close for me this week. It was an eye-opening experience in many regards... seeing the music industry from the perspective of a small, struggling business, further understanding the relationship between art and commodity, being immersed in 'record store culture' every day... in the end, I just don't think I was cut out for retail. I loathe the insincerity of it all... but I'm about to breathe fresh air once again...

I hope you all are doing well. Luddite that I've become, limited computer access means sporadic drop-ins at best. I do think of you, though... ;-) Just wanted to stop in and share a little of my take-this-job-an'-shove-it euphoria. So raise a GBP or a glass of whiskey if you will and somebody drop "Freed Pig" on the turntable. And hey, wish me luck in my new endeavor as... a pipefitter??!

MindGoneHaywire
09-13-2005, 07:19 AM
This is...Rae? Who the hell else would it be. Hey! Tired of the High Fidelity scene, huh? Well, it's good to see you posting. Get a computer, hippy.

Davey
09-13-2005, 09:15 AM
This is...Rae? Who the hell else would it be. Hey! Tired of the High Fidelity scene, huh? Well, it's good to see you posting. Get a computer, hippy.
Maybe we should start a fund drive?

Slosh
09-13-2005, 03:52 PM
. . . a pipefitter??!You got a job with Tommy Chong?

Dusty Chalk
09-13-2005, 04:50 PM
Congratulations/salutations/condolences.

Now, who the L are you?

Stone
09-13-2005, 05:11 PM
You're going to be a male whore? You Minnesotans will do pretty much anything for money, eh?

Slosh
09-13-2005, 11:26 PM
You're going to be a male whore? You Minnesotans will do pretty much anything for money, eh?I'm glad I let someone else go there :p