Apple & All Music Guide Question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Apple & All Music Guide Question

BarryL
09-12-2005, 01:11 PM
For months I've been having problems accessing AMG's search on my Apple computer. I can get to the AMG site, but when I put in a band name and hit the search button, all I get is blank page with an AMG header at the top. Sometimes I get the actual page I'm searching for, but that seems to be the exception.

Anyone else having this problem?

Anyone have any suggestions how to resolve this problem?

Davey
09-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Have you changed any Java or ActiveX configuration or security settings or added a firewall or something like that?

BarryL
09-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Have you changed any Java or ActiveX configuration or security settings or added a firewall or something like that?

...I did add Symantec anti-virus software early this year, but I think this problem preceeded that.

audiobill
09-12-2005, 05:47 PM
For months I've been having problems accessing AMG's search on my Apple computer. I can get to the AMG site, but when I put in a band name and hit the search button, all I get is blank page with an AMG header at the top. Sometimes I get the actual page I'm searching for, but that seems to be the exception.

Anyone else having this problem?

Anyone have any suggestions how to resolve this problem?

Just this weekend, Barry, I was having trouble getting into seach mode.
I had to register, first, (never had to do this before) and then it allowed me access.

Hope this helps,

Bill

ForeverAutumn
09-13-2005, 05:55 AM
I had to register, first, (never had to do this before) and then it allowed me access.

Hope this helps,

Bill

I had the same problem as Bill.

BarryL
09-13-2005, 06:14 AM

Hope this helps,

Bill

When I go to the site, whatever I click leads me to a page with the AMG banner and the usual links for site guide, about us, etc. If I click on these, I just end up getting the same page. And if I click on the featured artists on the home page, I end up with this same page iwth the banner.

I don't have this problem with any other website. That's why I'm wondering if it's a mac problem in general, or a problem specific to my computer.

BTW, I don't operate through a corporate server, so I don't have blocking problems imposed by someone else.