ABC let down [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : ABC let down

recoveryone
09-10-2005, 11:54 AM
I was for sure ABC would boradcast the Noter Dame game in HD, but I guess it was not a big enough draw to spend the cash on it. :rolleyes: Hey T who makes the call on the HD progaming ?

EdwardGein
09-10-2005, 12:53 PM
I was for sure ABC would boradcast the Noter Dame game in HD, but I guess it was not a big enough draw to spend the cash on it. :rolleyes: Hey T who makes the call on the HD progaming ?

I'm surprised this wasn't broadcast in HD. What an Fing joke.You got screwed, royally, sorry. Send a complaint to them.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
09-10-2005, 03:29 PM

I think it is based on interest in the game, and how much advertisement money they can command from the broadcast. Generally ABC would make more money from professional sports than with college sports, hence why professional football could more likely broadcast in HD than college football.

recoveryone
09-10-2005, 03:58 PM
thats what I figured, its all about the MONEY, but you would think that some of the big T.V. manufactures would want to come with the cash, so they could make more money on sales of HD T.V.'s I remember when HD first came out a few companies would sponser primetime programing (CBS had Zenith) and I think (ABC had Phillips) (NBC had Sony) but I notice that has dropped off within the last year or so. :(

Jim Clark
09-10-2005, 04:03 PM

"Noter Dame"

I'm guessing you didn't go.

Sorry, I couldn't help that one.

jc

recoveryone
09-10-2005, 04:07 PM
"Noter Dame"

I'm guessing you didn't go.

Sorry, I couldn't help that one.

jc lol sorry for the spelling on that one, and No I did not attend. Utah state back in the early 80's. I was just interested in seeing the new head coach in action.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
09-10-2005, 04:08 PM
thats what I figured, its all about the MONEY

Yep, and to think I work for this money grabbing corporation. Thanks for the check but BAH!!

Recovery,
It still costs a bundle to do a HD broadcast. I am talkin about $250,000+. So in order for ABC to stay in business, they have to make a profit from these broadcasts. CBS, NBC and Fox are on the same boat. These are the economic realities of the broadcast business.

Jim Clark
09-10-2005, 04:16 PM
lol sorry for the spelling on that one, and No I did not attend. Utah state back in the early 80's. I was just interested in seeing the new head coach in action.

Glad you took that as it was intended. Sometimes you just never know.

jc

recoveryone
09-10-2005, 05:09 PM
I don't take all this onlline stuff to heart, its just information/resource to gain more knowledge, but thanks for keeping me on my toes :)

s dog
09-10-2005, 09:46 PM
I was sure the ohio st vs texas game would be in HD but it was not , dang it