Denon Crossover Frequency [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Denon Crossover Frequency

EdwardGein
09-09-2005, 09:35 PM
Right now I have my Denon Subwoofer Crossover Frequency set to 80 with speakers set on small (Orb Satellite Speakers & Orb Supereight Subwoofer). Receiver is Denon 3801. Is that the correct crossover? If its not what will actually sound different if I made it 100 or 120?
Appreciate your answers.

kexodusc
09-10-2005, 04:59 AM
Your sub will definitely be receiving higher frequency signals if you increase the crossover. Your sub will give it's position away more. The biggest downside is a tonal tilt to whatever side of the room the sub is on. Power handling and bass might be improved some depending on your speakers though.
Doesn't hurt to try for a few days, does it?

shokhead
09-10-2005, 05:08 AM
Right now I have my Denon Subwoofer Crossover Frequency set to 80 with speakers set on small (Orb Satellite Speakers & Orb Supereight Subwoofer). Receiver is Denon 3801. Is that the correct crossover? If its not what will actually sound different if I made it 100 or 120?
Appreciate your answers.

To low for sure with that small of a speaker. Like Kex said,try 100 and 120. A disc like Avia really helps dial it in.

thekid
09-10-2005, 05:41 AM
I think you have got advice from the others. I originally had my crossover set at 80-100 becasue that was the default setting on my DVD player decoder. I have since increased it and it has made a huge difference. As has been suggested play with it a little. It is pretty easy for me to change my settings so I often change the crossover based on the material. A DVD might get set on a higher crossover than some music if I feel like rumbling the windows a little.