anybody here like Gorillaz? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : anybody here like Gorillaz?

3-LockBox
09-09-2005, 08:50 PM
I kinda liked the song 'Clint Eastwood' a few years ago (minus the rap portion). I've heard the song 'Feel Good Inc' and seen the video, and it reminds me of the <i>Chillipeppers</i> a little. I'm sure that it'll get the hell played out of it, but I do like it. (there is a rap portion on this song, but its short and acts more as a bridge)

nobody
09-10-2005, 06:39 AM
I like both their albums, and they even have a dub version of their first one out, which many people don't much like, but appeals to me.

The rap stuff on their is sparodic throughout both records...comes and goes. Those are two of the better tracks off those albums, but if you like them, I'm sure you'd find other things in there to enjoy. I can see the chilipepper thing a bit with their new single, but that's not really an influence that is strong in most of their songs.

KEXPMF
09-11-2005, 08:23 PM
I'm a fan of their music. I don't have their new album though. (I've been kinda into buying singles on itunes... FYI - this is an addicion! Be careful if you start. haha)
One of their new songs, besides "Feel Good Inc", that I bought is called "Dirty Harry". AMAZING!

KEXPMF
09-11-2005, 08:25 PM
I also recommend a Gorillaz song called "The Sounder".

The album with "Clint Eastwood" is great. Worth buying the whole thing. There are many better songs than "Clint Eastwood" on there. :)