Anyone Know? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know?

wizefortune
09-09-2005, 08:27 PM
I have a good theater research system, but it not produce good sound. Is that because of the cable. Help Please!

Duvan

http://auto.teamduvan.com

topspeed
09-09-2005, 09:15 PM
It's certainly not the cable.

"Good" sound is subjective and I don't really know what you expected when you bought TR in the first place. If you heard them somewhere else and thought they sounded "good" there, then the culprit is likely your room acoustics. You can address this by repositioning your speakers and/or adding room treatments. If you didn't listen to the speakers before you bought them, chalk this up to a lesson learned and dump 'em on e-bay.

Good luck.

N. Abstentia
09-10-2005, 07:31 AM
If your speakers are indeed 'Theater Research' brand then you have fallen for the classic 'white van' speaker scam. Quite frankly the speakers are junk and should not cost over $15...and that's about $15 too much for them.

Worf101
09-13-2005, 05:34 AM
You'd think he/she woulda known better. Theatre Research is.... sorry to say... junk. You think that you could really get a 7 speaker Home Theatre system for $300.00 and actually have the bargain of the century? You greed has led you to get took my friend. If you bought em on ebay, then return them quickly to the materiel stream, i.e. sell em to some other poor schmuck. If you got them off the back of a truck or van, you're screwed. Sorry..

Da Worfster