College Week 2, Pro Week 1 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : College Week 2, Pro Week 1

Kam
09-09-2005, 09:03 AM
OK... so i guess i can appreciate HOW my 'canes lost to FSU as much as it did suck. But i still have hopes, i agree with the last assessment, they lost the battle, but found their quarterback. if they eliminate the mistakes, this is a potentially deadly team. on the flipside, what the hell happenned to the sooners, that came out of nowhere! miami has a week off to let that sting set in before trying for revenge against Clemson.

Going to be some emotional games in the nfl, with the Saints game being pretty intense, and also the giants game on the 9/11 anniversary.

the new game of the century, Texas v. Ohio State! This is gonna be one sweet matchup. can't wait to see this one! i didnt get to see tx play but watched some of the buckeyes game. i think the edge is going to tx in this one.

BIG GAMES
TX v. OSU - going with the burnt orange, as much as i hate to believe in the tx hype, this JUST may be the year its warranted.... then again, was supposed to be "that year" for the past 6.
ND v. Mich - c'mon... am i seriously going to pick the irish. Go BLUE!
ASU v. LSU - another emotional game. if they can balance their emotions, LSU has some unbelievable talent on the field. they could crush asu. this one's a tossup and all about coaching.

Upset Alerts:
I dont think there will be any this time. my upset specials were almost close last time and i missed the doozy of the sooners falling.

PRO
Pats looked good (again). am sure they'll win it all (again). woopee.
Philly v. Atlanta - just want to see vick light it up and owens shut down.
Houston v. Buffalo - eh, only interested cuz of all the 'canes on the field.
Indy v. Ravens - this should be a fun game. Ed Reed ('cane!) and Lewis ('cane!) try and stop manning, james ('cane!) and wayne ('cane!)!

peace
k2
GO 'CANES!!!

kexodusc
09-09-2005, 09:56 AM
My Sooner loving hide is still hurtin' from the spanking we took last week. But at least I'm man enough to confess...boomer sooner!

However, my New England Patriots are well on their way to their 3rd Superbowl.

I'm expecting big things from Atlanta this year...not making the Superbowl or anything, but establishing themeselves as more than the Mike Vick show.

Indy might be the only team that can stop the Pats.

dean_martin
09-09-2005, 11:01 AM
OK... so i guess i can appreciate HOW my 'canes lost to FSU as much as it did suck. But i still have hopes, i agree with the last assessment, they lost the battle, but found their quarterback. if they eliminate the mistakes, this is a potentially deadly team. on the flipside, what the hell happenned to the sooners, that came out of nowhere! miami has a week off to let that sting set in before trying for revenge against Clemson.

Kam,

Man, what a poetic, ironic, fateful finish to that game. I'm glad to see you're hangin' in there though.

SEC week one wrap - what did I say about Auburn? Still, I didn't expect that home loss. I thought Auburn had more talent on the field, but Tech had some outstanding players in key positions. It came down to coaching and play calling and Tuberville and Borges just aren't the shiniest apples in the bunch.

Tennessee - I hate Tennessee (again). UAB almost got'em.

Georgia looks scary. Watch out folks.

Bama - passing grade for their opener but came out too slow on offense as usual. Watch out for Southern Miss. The Golden Eagles always play Bama tough.

Florida - Right now I think they are a more complete team than those other FL teams, but they haven't been tested yet. Will they have a defense? Will they have a running game?

South Carolina - Steve Spurrier is the only thing that makes this team interesting.

Vandy - won their first season openner in how many years?

Ole Miss - just got by Memphis which was playing its backup QB.

Kentucky - Wow, I was surprised they made a game of it against Louisville, but looking back, KY has always been a fun team to watch. Something unusual is bound to happen in a KY game. Unfortunately for the Wildcats, those football oddities like the last play against LSU in 02 don't go their way.

topspeed
09-09-2005, 11:44 AM
Kam, no offense pal, but that game was...well...offensive. I will say that at least your QB got better as the game went on. FSU's stink on ice.

I'm taking OSU in this one. I remain unconvinced that Young is the second coming of Mike Vick. Make him throw and watch him choke. I like OSU, which is almost has hard for this Trojan to say as...

I like Michigan. Yeah, like I'm going to root for the Irish. You know the saying, UCLA sucks but Notre Dame swallows. Seriously tho, UM has too much offense for ND's suspect defense. Weiss, shmeiss, I could care less if he's the current media darling. Coaching can only take mediocre talent so far.

I wouldn't discount ASU so quickly vs. LSU. Not only do the Tigers come to Tempe with heavy hearts, they also come with an unproven QB and running game. ASU's Keller is the real deal at QB and their receivers are big and fast. It should be a good game. I like ASU by 5.

Good games this weekend, should be fun!

Justlisten2
09-09-2005, 11:47 AM

Going to be some emotional games in the nfl, with the Saints game being pretty intense, and also the giants game on the 9/11 anniversary.

the new game of the century, Texas v. Ohio State! This is gonna be one sweet matchup. can't wait to see this one! i didnt get to see tx play but watched some of the buckeyes game. i think the edge is going to tx in this one.

BIG GAMES
TX v. OSU - going with the burnt orange, as much as i hate to believe in the tx hype, this JUST may be the year its warranted.... then again, was supposed to be "that year" for the past 6.
ND v. Mich - c'mon... am i seriously going to pick the irish. Go BLUE!
ASU v. LSU - another emotional game. if they can balance their emotions, LSU has some unbelievable talent on the field. they could crush asu. this one's a tossup and all about coaching.

Upset Alerts:
I dont think there will be any this time. my upset specials were almost close last time and i missed the doozy of the sooners falling.

PRO
Pats looked good (again). am sure they'll win it all (again). woopee.
Philly v. Atlanta - just want to see vick light it up and owens shut down.
Houston v. Buffalo - eh, only interested cuz of all the 'canes on the field.
Indy v. Ravens - this should be a fun game. Ed Reed ('cane!) and Lewis ('cane!) try and stop manning, james ('cane!) and wayne ('cane!)!

peace
k2
GO 'CANES!!!

I agree with most of your views, except the Vick thing. He is one of the most over-rated players of our time. He's the Allen Iverson of football, all raw talent that will never pan out.
Another Randall Cunningham, a human highlight film that will never win. FWIW, I'm an Eagles fan, and it's the Panthers that worry me, not Atlanta.
That being said, the Eagles could stub their toe on Monday night. We handled them easily in the NFC championship last year, even w/o TO. I think the Eagles beat Atlanta 8 out of 10 times, but on any given Sunday (or Monday)......

I gotta go with Ohio State over Texas too, since I'm from Big 10 country. ;)

Kam
09-09-2005, 12:59 PM
I agree with most of your views, except the Vick thing. He is one of the most over-rated players of our time. He's the Allen Iverson of football, all raw talent that will never pan out.
Another Randall Cunningham, a human highlight film that will never win. FWIW, I'm an Eagles fan, and it's the Panthers that worry me, not Atlanta.
That being said, the Eagles could stub their toe on Monday night. We handled them easily in the NFC championship last year, even w/o TO. I think the Eagles beat Atlanta 8 out of 10 times, but on any given Sunday (or Monday)......

I gotta go with Ohio State over Texas too, since I'm from Big 10 country. ;)

i agree with you, i just meant i want to see the human highlight reel of acts from Vick. his physical skills are unbelievable, watching him turn the corner and kick into yet another gear, watching him launch the long ball with a flick of his wrist, its just fun to watch. i read an article on espn about vick and how the falcons will never make it to the next level until vick sticks to the pocket and becomes a team player. they will, however, still manage the most sportscenter highlights as long as he's left to do his houdini acts. its seems like its the problem of how do you work your quarterback who is also faster than your wideouts and runs better than your running back into an offensive scheme? was an interesting analysis comparing vick to how young transformed in san fran, and how elway transformed in denver and what it took to get them there (reeves in denver being the equivalent factor between elway and vick.) but he sure has some amazing runs. if i cared for the falcons as a team, i'd be dissapointed, but i dont. i've been a bengal fan since before i knew any better, and no one can call me a fairweather fan cuz i've stuck with them through their decades (plural) of losing. might just be our breakout year!

and yep tops, the offenses were offensive in the miami-fsu game, HOWEVER, the defenses were one reason why. the noles have a solid defense and miami's i think will turn into one of their best (maybe not this year though and if they can keep devin hester from turning pro to come back for another season which, i think, he needs to learn. hell he isnt even a starter!) i still think the miami offense showed signs of serious life (300+ yards) and the clemson game next week will be a tell-tale sign. if they havent corrected the errors in 2weeks, then yeah... i'm gonna be hating this season.

Justlisten2
09-10-2005, 09:25 AM
i agree with you, i just meant i want to see the human highlight reel of acts from Vick. his physical skills are unbelievable, watching him turn the corner and kick into yet another gear, watching him launch the long ball with a flick of his wrist, its just fun to watch. i read an article on espn about vick and how the falcons will never make it to the next level until vick sticks to the pocket and becomes a team player. they will, however, still manage the most sportscenter highlights as long as he's left to do his houdini acts. its seems like its the problem of how do you work your quarterback who is also faster than your wideouts and runs better than your running back into an offensive scheme? was an interesting analysis comparing vick to how young transformed in san fran, and how elway transformed in denver and what it took to get them there (reeves in denver being the equivalent factor between elway and vick.) but he sure has some amazing runs. if i cared for the falcons as a team, i'd be dissapointed, but i dont. i've been a bengal fan since before i knew any better, and no one can call me a fairweather fan cuz i've stuck with them through their decades (plural) of losing. might just be our breakout year!

I don't know, I think of him blossoming more as a Matt Jones, or a Antwaan Randall-El, then a Young or an Elway. With his speed and skills, I'd use him as a wideout and run lots of reverses, and deep balls. His decision making in the pocket is just to poor for him to really develop into a big threat at QB.