Stereo Times Review on the QuickSilver contact enhancer.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Times Review on the QuickSilver contact enhancer....

Soundideas
09-06-2005, 03:19 PM
This STUFF is really AMAZING on VIDEO! I have this stuff on all my Video gear, TV TOO. I started my putting this stuff on all cables from my satellite Dish to my TV. I also put this stuff on almost all solder joints inside my TV and satellite receiver. Its been over 6 months now with this stuff on everything and my picture now is just unbelieveable! The colors are brighter and the blacks are darker, the picture is cleaner and LOOKS much more THEATER-LIKE! Here's a review on QuickSilver...... http://www.stereotimes.com/tweak081705.shtm

N. Abstentia
09-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Yeah right. I'll bet you bought stock in those special green edge pens for CD too, didn't you?

paul_pci
09-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Too bad there's no quicksilver contact enhancer for our brain synapses to make us smarter.

GMichael
09-07-2005, 07:06 AM
Too bad there's no quicksilver contact enhancer for our brain synapses to make us smarter.

When this comes out please send me a 55 gallon drum of it.

kexodusc
09-07-2005, 07:32 AM
Hmm, a contact enhancer that reduces audio and video noise floors? Not bad for $16 a gram.
Do you take it intravenously, orally, or inhale it?

topspeed
09-07-2005, 10:37 AM
Soundideas, of your 13 posts, 12 have been shilling some kind of voodoo. From obvious White Van speakers from SDAT to this latest sonic snot. You clearly don't think much of this board, otherwise you'd respect the fact that members here are actually beyond the knuckle dragging stage on evolution chart (well, most of us ;) ). I've said it before and I'll say it again:

GO AWAY SHILL!

Soundideas
09-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Soundideas, of your 13 posts, 12 have been shilling some kind of voodoo. From obvious White Van speakers from SDAT to this latest sonic snot. You clearly don't think much of this board, otherwise you'd respect the fact that members here are actually beyond the knuckle dragging stage on evolution chart (well, most of us ;) ). I've said it before and I'll say it again:

GO AWAY SHILL!
Let me tell you something, I am not connected with any of these companies. And you only have to have a open mind with these tweaks...........Try it, you will be AMAZED!

N. Abstentia
09-07-2005, 10:45 PM
So does this 'magic snot' make your $18 white van speakers sound like Wilsons or something?

Florian
09-08-2005, 01:44 AM
Now while i am very skeptical too, not all voodoo is bad. Demagnetizing a CD actually helps (a tiny bit), sileting your equipment works and also silver powercables. But that a contact spray gives you better picture quality is well, a tad over the top :p

Jim Clark
09-08-2005, 04:04 AM
Let me tell you something, I am not connected with any of these companies. And you only have to have a open mind with these tweaks...........Try it, you will be AMAZED!

You know that there is a tweak forum, right?

jc

Soundideas
09-08-2005, 06:19 AM
Now while i am very skeptical too, not all voodoo is bad. Demagnetizing a CD actually helps (a tiny bit), sileting your equipment works and also silver powercables. But that a contact spray gives you better picture quality is well, a tad over the top :p When I first heard about this stuff on the audiogon site I was very skeptical too but I gave it a try and it really did improve my video

GMichael
09-08-2005, 06:45 AM
This stuff can be made at home at a fraction of the cost.

All you need to do is drive to your local autoparts store, or Sears, and pick up some electrolite. This is what they put in batteries. We call it battery acid.
Then pick up a tube of silicone grease. The clear works best.
Mix this together in a small tin can. A 2 to 1 mixture of silicon to acid.
Swing a dead cat over your head three times, counter clockwise, at midnight, durring a full moon and chant, "OWAAAAA... TAGOO.... SYAMMMMM... (6 times)

There you have it. Same thing, better price. Enjoy.

anamorphic96
09-08-2005, 07:30 AM

All you need to do is drive to your local autoparts store, or Sears, and pick up some electrolite. This is what they put in batteries. We call it battery acid.
Swing a dead cat over your head three times, counter clockwise, at midnight, durring a full moon and chant, "OWAAAAA... TAGOO.... SYAMMMMM... (6 times)

LMAO !!!!

:)

topspeed
09-08-2005, 07:51 AM
You don't want an open mind, you want an open wallet. If you truly aren't a shill (cough, cough), what I'm AMAZED at is your sheer gullibility.

This is one of those few times I actually wish Mtrycrafts was still here.

Sic 'em boy!

kexodusc
09-08-2005, 07:56 AM

I think the key here is to mix it in a tin can....

Totally off topic story, when I was working at a Honda car dealership back in my youth, they use to ship battery acid in 40 gallon drums - all tin...One time, they dropped it off over the weekend, when we tried to move it monday morning, it disintegrated...fire dept/hazmat teams were there in an hour and I was on the 5:00 news!!!

GMichael
09-08-2005, 08:04 AM
Way cool Kex,

Did they ask you any questions on camera?
Did anything else get disolved?

N. Abstentia
09-08-2005, 08:28 AM
You know that there is a tweak forum, right?

jc

Is there a moron forum? That's where this belongs.

L.J.
09-08-2005, 08:40 AM
LMAO !!!!

:)

Im curious. What does LMAO mean.

kexodusc
09-08-2005, 08:41 AM
Nah, I was just in the background - my boss at the time was convinced that Zorbol sand/oil absorbing stuff would catch it all...after we made the biggest mess possible, I had to clean it all up.
It just leaked into the street drainage, and all across the back floor of the parts department. IIRC it ruined a about $8000 worth of car parts though. And it made the colors on the TV more vibrant.

GMichael
09-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Nah, I was just in the background - my boss at the time was convinced that Zorbol sand/oil absorbing stuff would catch it all...after we made the biggest mess possible, I had to clean it all up.
It just leaked into the street drainage, and all across the back floor of the parts department. IIRC it ruined a about $8000 worth of car parts though. And it made the colors on the TV more vibrant.

You mean it worked without the silicone? That's amazing! I guess you were right about the tin can being the key. But I still think you'll need the silicone to keep it from draining too fast.

Soundideas
09-08-2005, 09:09 AM
Hey, I have already made $100.00 on a bet with some of my friends that this stuff really works.....they are BELIEVERS NOW! WHO NEXT!!! :D

N. Abstentia
09-08-2005, 10:05 AM
The only thing I believe is that your friends are stupider than you.

GMichael
09-08-2005, 10:14 AM
Put the right mushrooms on your burger and you'll see brighter colors with the TV unplugged.

dean_martin
09-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Swing a dead cat over your head

Does it have to be a particular breed of cat or will any ol' house cat do as long as it's dead?

GMichael
09-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Does it have to be a particular breed of cat or will any ol' house cat do as long as it's dead?

Any cat will do. But black cats work best. The chant is important also. Don't forget the chant.

topspeed
09-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Put the right mushrooms on your burger and you'll see brighter colors with the TV unplugged.
Dude, you are so on today!

GMichael
09-08-2005, 10:38 AM
Dude, you are so on today!

Thanks, I still remember nights that my friends and I watched TV for hours before we noticed that the power was out. We laughed and laughed. What a great time.

Florian
09-08-2005, 10:47 AM
I just read the whole thread and man its funny. One of the most fun things i read on this forum in a long time, possibly ever.

-Flo

Soundideas
09-08-2005, 12:56 PM
You will never know just how good your TV picture can look like but thats the way it goes for these SLEEPER PRODUCTS. Maybe some day someone here will try this stuff out and find out what they have been missing out on but I could be wrong.....maybe not.... :D

Florian
09-08-2005, 01:13 PM
I use a big screen and projector here and dont even have a DVD player anymore. Pure 2 channel, no need for better picture. I see the music in my room even without a TV :-)

GMichael
09-08-2005, 01:19 PM
I use a big screen and projector here and dont even have a DVD player anymore. Pure 2 channel, no need for better picture. I see the music in my room even without a TV :-)

Hmm. Even without a TV? Did you mix platinum in with the Electrolyte? Or did you use a stronger acid?

Florian
09-08-2005, 01:26 PM
I use only the finest weeds grown in the hills of my bavarian country. The colors are too bright sometimes tough thats why i use traps to reduce the glare :p

GMichael
09-08-2005, 01:33 PM
I use only the finest weeds grown in the hills of my bavarian country. The colors are too bright sometimes tough thats why i use traps to reduce the glare :p

I'd say that this is worth further investigation. An in-depth study will need to be done. I'll be locked in a room filled with smoke and sound for the next few.. few.. few.. um..uh.. huh? Ever stop to think and,.. uh... umm, oh yeah, and forget to start again?

Florian
09-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Well you can come to my place and we can go in the woods and cut some weeds and try them here in my pool of sound.

:p

PS: But dont forget the black cat!

GMichael
09-08-2005, 01:46 PM
Well you can come to my place and we can go in the woods and cut some weeds and try them here in my pool of sound.

:p

PS: But dont forget the black cat!

I'd love to. In fact the president and vice president of my company are going to Germany next week to meet with one of our suppliers. (not that kind of supplier). But alas, someone has to stay behind to run the company. I'll have them bring a black cat though. It will still be alive. Too expensive to pack a dead one in dry ice and without it, well, yuck!

But really, I would so love to hear your system some day.

GMichael
09-08-2005, 01:47 PM
Well your always welcome. I will post new pictures tomorrow since i completed the system yesterday. I got my CDP and PRE modified and custom made shock absorbers for the DIVAS :p

Sounds great. Pun very much intended.

GMichael
09-08-2005, 01:47 PM
I'd love to. In fact the president and vice president of my company are going to Germany next week to meet with one of our suppliers. (not that kind of supplier). But alas, someone has to stay behind to run the company. I'll have them bring a black cat though. It will still be alive. Too expensive to pack a dead one in dry ice and without it, well, yuck!

But really, I would so love to hear your system some day.

Oh, and my wife is only 4 foot 7 inches tall. You are 6'5" right. What a picture that would make. The jolly white giant next to the mighty dark midget.

Florian
09-08-2005, 01:50 PM
Well your always welcome. I will post new pictures tomorrow since i completed the system yesterday. I got my CDP and PRE modified and custom made shock absorbers for the DIVAS :p

Florian
09-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Oh, and my wife is only 4 foot 7 inches tall. You are 6'5" right. What a picture that would make. The jolly white giant next to the mighty dark midget. Yup 6'5", and my speaker system is 6'4" :p

GMichael
09-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Yup 6'5", and my speaker system is 6'4" :p

Yeah, I saw your picture on another link standing next to your speaker. I could see you were a little taller than it.

Florian
09-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Its wonderfull :p I can hide my mom, dad, brother and sister behind them.

-Flo

Soundideas
09-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Looks like I'm not only one that has tried this stuff :D http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.pl?forum=general&n=363633&review=1

anamorphic96
09-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Im curious. What does LMAO mean.

Laughing My Ass Off

N. Abstentia
09-08-2005, 11:19 PM
You will never know just how good your TV picture can look like but thats the way it goes for these SLEEPER PRODUCTS. Maybe some day someone here will try this stuff out and find out what they have been missing out on but I could be wrong.....maybe not.... :D

If you have such a poor picture that it requires some 'magical pixie snot' to fix, you've got other problems that need resolved first.

GMichael
09-09-2005, 05:01 AM
'magical pixie snot' .

Magical pixie snot? I may want to re-think this. Will it make me fly if I think happy thoughts? Heck, I've tried worse. Bring it on. How much is it a gram?

Soundideas
09-09-2005, 08:25 AM
If you have such a poor picture that it requires some 'magical pixie snot' to fix, you've got other problems that need resolved first.
My picture was just fine to start with but now its a lot BETTER! ''Hey, if this stuff did not improve anything I think the other people that has tried QuickSilver would already said something about that by now''.......Don't you think so??? :D

N. Abstentia
09-09-2005, 09:06 AM
See that's just it...as evidenced by this thread there are not many people gullible enough to fall for a scam like this. That's why you're the only one here that's bought it.

Soundideas
09-09-2005, 09:18 AM
See that's just it...as evidenced by this thread there are not many people gullible enough to fall for a scam like this. That's why you're the only one here that's bought it.
If this stuff did not work I would have sent it back but it does work and works great too! You all are really missing out here on something BIG! :D

GMichael
09-09-2005, 09:31 AM
If this stuff did not work I would have sent it back but it does work and works great too! You all are really missing out here on something BIG! :D

Oh my G.d! Don't you get it? We're not buying it! Good luck selling it somewhere else.

Soundideas
09-09-2005, 10:00 AM
Oh my G.d! Don't you get it? We're not buying it! Good luck selling it somewhere else. I get it..........you have been BRAIN WASHED! :eek: :D

GMichael
09-09-2005, 11:03 AM
I get it..........you have been BRAIN WASHED! :eek: :D

These are not the droids we're looking for. Move along. Move along.

topspeed
09-09-2005, 11:04 AM
I get it..........you have been BRAIN WASHED! :eek: :D
Yeah, we're the ones that have been brainswashed.:rolleyes:

I suddenly feel an irresistible urge to throw on a tunic and hand out flowers at the airport...

Florian
09-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Thats not fair !!!! I want a flower too :p

N. Abstentia
09-09-2005, 11:54 AM
Do they make flower enhancing pixie snot? Spray it on your flower and all of a sudden it will become fuller, have the smell of the sweetest elderberries of the forest, will last forever, and the colors will suddenly be more vibrant and life-like!

Soundideas
09-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Do they make flower enhancing pixie snot? Spray it on your flower and all of a sudden it will become fuller, have the smell of the sweetest elderberries of the forest, will last forever, and the colors will suddenly be more vibrant and life-like! :D ....... :D ........ :D

Soundideas
09-12-2005, 10:46 AM
Here's even a another review on this stuff..... http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue17/xtremequicksilver.htm and here's more people that has tried this stuff too.... http://www.xtremecables.com/PDFsQS/QSTestimonials.pdf

GMichael
09-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Here's even a another review on this stuff..... http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue17/xtremequicksilver.htm and here's more people that has tried this stuff too.... http://www.xtremecables.com/PDFsQS/QSTestimonials.pdf

OK, you sold me. I'm sending a PM to you now with all my credit card information.

Soundideas
09-12-2005, 02:40 PM
OK, you sold me. I'm sending a PM to you now with all my credit card information. VERY FUNNY......I'm not selling anything :D

N. Abstentia
09-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Maybe if you keep posting about how you didn't get ripped off it will come true some day.

Soundideas
09-12-2005, 07:52 PM
Maybe if you keep posting about how you didn't get ripped off it will come true some day. Hey....if it did not do anything......then I would have sent it back and got my money back....RIGHT??? :D Hey.....I'm the one that is enjoying my audio/video system day :eek: after :eek: day......more and more! :D

Soundideas
09-14-2005, 12:13 PM
You know, its just USELESS to try to PROVE ANYTHING to these PEOPLE who are SO IGNORANT and seem to FORGOT that one LISTENS and SEES w/ their EARS and EYES, NOT their PATHETIC RATIONAL JUSTIFICATION in PLACE of ACTUAL EXPERIENCE!......... :eek: .......... :D

Worf101
09-15-2005, 07:31 AM

Dis is by far the funniest chit I've read on here in many a day. I spit coffee all over my work puter.. I'm gonna git fired... stop it...

Da (soon to be unemployed) Worfster :rolleyes:

GMichael
09-15-2005, 07:50 AM
Dis is by far the funniest chit I've read on here in many a day. I spit coffee all over my work puter.. I'm gonna git fired... stop it...

Da (soon to be unemployed) Worfster :rolleyes:

Sorry dude,
Couldn't help myself. Found this home remedy in the book of shadows.

abstracta
09-15-2005, 12:00 PM
.....And didn't Richard Pryor get seriously injured whipping some of that stuff up?

You need to post a disclaimer.

abstracta
09-15-2005, 12:00 PM

...While facing East, and it's not "OWAAAAA... TAGOO.... SYAMMMMM", but "KlAATU, BARADA, NIKTO". Please stop spreading fud. :-)

GMichael
09-15-2005, 12:19 PM
...While facing East, and it's not "OWAAAAA... TAGOO.... SYAMMMMM", but "KlAATU, BARADA, NIKTO". Please stop spreading fud. :-)

OK OK, so left out the part about facing east. But the chant OWAAAAA... TAGOO.... SYAMMMMM is dead nuts on man. Jack Klugman told me this one himself. Say it outloud a few times. You'll see.

Soundideas
09-16-2005, 10:48 AM
This is for EVERYONE that THINKS ''that ALL CABLES sounds the SAME''....... http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue18/xtreme.htm

edtyct
09-16-2005, 11:25 AM
There certainly have been products in the tweak industry that their inventors created on informed speculation, without being completely sure whether they would work, or even why they happened to work in the end, if they did. Then there are the other products that consumers have to accept either on faith, on ignorance, or simply on bad science. One thing that you apparently forgot in your rant about seeing and hearing with our eyes and ears rather than our rational mind is that the products get invented by rational minds (at least we like to think so), and if a product's rationale doesn't hold water, why would anyone want to try it? So when it comes to untested tweaks, you do see and hear with your rational mind. God, I wish that I could have made this funny.

Soundideas
09-18-2005, 10:18 AM
TALK IS CHEAP! PROVE ME WRONG! COME ON! :cool:

Mr Lizardo
09-21-2005, 05:41 AM
Boys don't let "Soundideas" AKA: Tin_Cup (AVS), Richard Patrick (HTT and others) get under your skin too much...

He claims to be 14 years old in several other posts (true or not is unknown...although based on the hundred of smilies he uses per post I'd say he is)..

He has been a thorn in the side of MANY other forums and like a cockroach, never seems to die off....

He will never offer any other non-shill related info..EVER..he will only post shills for others products and claim they are the "BEST :D :D :p :p :) :) :cool: " yet offer no real "proof" other than "TRY IT AND SEE!!!"

So sit back enjoy his crazy talk and in time he will run away and start up on another forum...that is if he isn't banned already.

Best thing to do though that works on other forum he frequents is to IGNORE all his posts..don't feed him..he LOVES the attention.

That's about all I have to say on that.

Good day and now I'm off to look around the place and see what's what? :)

winston
08-26-2008, 05:06 PM
guys you all made laughed so hard... that my wife thought i lost it for good this time. you all put that quick silver cantact cement. sorry "enhancer" in the blender on high speed... hi soundideas dont give up yet i have'nt given it splash onn as yet.laughed/smile until next time winston.

Rich-n-Texas
08-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Weird. This thread was dead since 2005, when Mr. Lizardo, with one post total, made his grand exit. Very weird.

noddin0ff
08-27-2008, 03:37 AM
wow. pixie snot is 3 years old. time flies.

Worf101
08-27-2008, 05:39 AM
wow. pixie snot is 3 years old. time flies.
My sentiments exactly. Long live the Pixie Snot!!!!

Da Worfster

Auricauricle
08-27-2008, 05:50 AM

Make sure that you swing the cat counter clockwise....I made the mistake and swung clockwise and now many of my discs play in reverse.

Do you know any chant or spell to correct this?

One advantage....There is a passage in Pink Floyd's The Wall that was recorded in reverse. Now I finally know what they were saying....(Sorry, it's unprintable).

GMichael
08-27-2008, 06:03 AM
One of my all time favorite threads comes back to life. I love it. But 3 years? That can't be right. Has there been a flux in the time space continuum?

Auricauricle, there is no fix for your polarity blunder. You are doomed to go through life in reverse now. Good luck with that.

Auricauricle
08-27-2008, 06:37 AM
...won ti no kcab ginkool, wonk uoY

GMichael
08-27-2008, 06:42 AM
OK OK, I was just messin' with ya. All you have to do is, take your left hand and ____ your ____ with ____ ______ up to _____ and then _____ until ______ shows ______ in the tin can. Take that and ____ it over the ______ of your ______ and wipe ____.

K?

Rich-n-Texas
08-27-2008, 07:06 AM
OK OK, I was just messin' with ya. All you have to do is, take your left hand and ____ your ____ with ____ ______ up to _____ and then _____ until ______ shows ______ in the tin can. Take that and ____ it over the ______ of your ______ and wipe ____.

K?
YO!!! Don't mess around. This stuff's got battery acid in it for crying out loud! :nono:

Auricauricle
08-27-2008, 08:44 AM
MY DUCK!!!

GMichael
08-19-2010, 05:21 AM
MY DUCK!!!
Tasted great.:ihih:

pixelthis
08-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Tasted great.:ihih:

You actually remember?
Gonna get thrown outta the old farts club.:1:
(pixiesnot)

GMichael
08-19-2010, 12:03 PM
You actually remember?
Gonna get thrown outta the old farts club.:1:
(pixiesnot)
They have to let me back in on Monday. Turning 50 and all.:nonod:

pixelthis
08-20-2010, 12:24 PM
They have to let me back in on Monday. Turning 50 and all.:nonod:

Charles Barkley(mouth of the south) said once that he didn't care what was going to be happening in three years, because in three years he would be dead.
Dead?
"YEP, in three years I turn fifty.:1:

GMichael
02-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Another classic. How many remember this guy Soundideas?

bobsticks
02-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Another classic. How many remember this guy Soundideas?

Wasn't he one of the original, open purveyors of snake oil and pixie snot? I think I remember some really outrageous claims he made regarding video quality and green windex or some such drivel...

GMichael
02-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Wasn't he one of the original, open purveyors of snake oil and pixie snot? I think I remember some really outrageous claims he made regarding video quality and green windex or some such drivel...

This is that thread. Read from the begining.

bobsticks
02-28-2012, 12:22 PM
This is that thread. Read from the begining.

Ha, moving beyond the silliness...should I be bothered that I still have vague recollections and impressions about such inconsequential things even years later?

We have had some characters in here though...:p

GMichael
02-28-2012, 12:26 PM
It's been a fun walk down memory lane today. Too bad we don't have more traffic every day.

Swish
02-28-2012, 04:48 PM
It's been a fun walk down memory lane today. Too bad we don't have more traffic every day.

...Rave Recs is nothing to crow about either. I'm not sure what happened to all the energy. I guess some people just got bored and went on with their lives.

Ajani
02-28-2012, 05:47 PM
Please don't kill me for saying this: but as funny as this thread is, I can't say that a cleaning fluid for the contacts of your audio/video equipment is a bad idea - a dirty/rusty RCA would result in a poor electrical contact and could therefore degrade sound/video quality. Not that I'm suggesting spending anywhere near the $72 for the Quicksilver Contact Enhancer kit. I imagine you could get some cheap cleaner for a buck or two that does the same thing (and wouldn't require slaughtering a black cat).

GMichael
02-29-2012, 07:41 AM
The black cat can be left alive, but you may need to go to the hospital when you're done.

GMichael
02-29-2012, 07:45 AM
My dad was an engineer for the local power company. He always used a gel like substance when making electrical connections. He said that it helped to make a better connection. But it wasn't expensive. He had giant tubes of it.

Hyfi
02-29-2012, 08:20 AM
...Rave Recs is nothing to crow about either. I'm not sure what happened to all the energy. I guess some people just got bored and went on with their lives.

The biggest thing that killed Rave Recs was the end of Comp Trading and the beginning of digital files and sharing without the need to burn and mail a CD.

Boy do I miss those days. The comps I got still get more play time than any single band disk I own.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
02-29-2012, 03:13 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL..........BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AH.......hep me JEEEESUS........WAHAHAHAHAHAHAH......gotta peeeeeeeeeeeeee............gotta breathe.....

E-Stat
03-01-2012, 04:04 PM
... a dirty/rusty RCA would result in a poor electrical contact and could therefore degrade sound/video quality.
Oxidation accumulated over time between connectors can most certainly degrade quality. There is no voodoo over the use of quality contact cleaners. The greenish-blue oxidation layer you remove can lend a bright *edge* to the sound. Much like what happens with power line noise. Gold plated connectors are not immune either. The only connectors where I've seen no oxidation over a long space of time (10 years) are the rhodium spades of the JPS Labs speaker cables I use upstairs.

I still have some Caig Cramolin purchased in the eighties. Today, I use Caig Pro Gold once a year on my systems. You don't need, however, to spend silly $$ in order to get the benefits.