Porcupine Fans [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Porcupine Fans

unleasHell
09-06-2005, 09:37 AM
Does anybody have the XM CD?

How about the XMII CD?

I would like to know the recording quality on them.

And here is a link to a Review (which has a link to buy) the XMII CD:

http://www.dprp.net/reviews/200543.html

Stone
09-06-2005, 10:56 AM
Does anybody have the XM CD?

How about the XMII CD?

I would like to know the recording quality on them.

And here is a link to a Review (which has a link to buy) the XMII CD:

http://www.dprp.net/reviews/200543.html

I was hoping this thread was about Echo & the Bunnymen.

Davey
09-06-2005, 12:39 PM
I was hoping this thread was about Echo & the Bunnymen.
I'm sure UH wouldn't mind too much if we did a minor hijack along a different axis. Have you heard anything from or about Siberia yet? I listened to a bit of the first single and it sounds pretty good, although nothing that out of the ordinary these days with all the Elbows and Coldplays and Interpols and the rest. Be interesting to see how it does commercially in comparison to all the young bands copping their (and some of their peers) style nowadays. Be hard to imagine much of the indie press getting solidly behind it though even if it turns out to be an amazing album. Have you heard that Editors debut? Mike sent me a copy and it's really good, although as I mentioned in that other thread, it just hasn't quite all come together for me yet into a distinctive overall picture. Getting close though. Definitely some echoes of the Bunnymen and JD, but not too overt and a bit more aggressive.

Stone
09-06-2005, 01:29 PM
I'm sure UH wouldn't mind too much if we did a minor hijack along a different axis. Have you heard anything from or about Siberia yet? I listened to a bit of the first single and it sounds pretty good, although nothing that out of the ordinary these days with all the Elbows and Coldplays and Interpols and the rest. Be interesting to see how it does commercially in comparison to all the young bands copping their (and some of their peers) style nowadays. Be hard to imagine much of the indie press getting solidly behind it though even if it turns out to be an amazing album.

No, I have heard nothing from it. I knew it was scheduled for release, but that's it. I don't have their last one (I don't think), but I bought the one before that and it was good (not as good as their early releases, but a very nice album). That last solo Ian McCulloch album sucked big hippo balls, though. I really liked his first two solo records, too.

Have you heard that Editors debut? Mike sent me a copy and it's really good, although as I mentioned in that other thread, it just hasn't quite all come together for me yet into a distinctive overall picture. Getting close though. Definitely some echoes of the Bunnymen and JD, but not too overt and a bit more aggressive.

No, I haven't heard it and really know nothing about it. I haven't had a ton of time to get much listening in or even reading reviews lately.

unleasHell
09-07-2005, 04:27 PM
sucked big hippo balls

Sorry to change the subject but I have never seen these, most all the Hippos I have ever seen at the zoo and on TV were in water (soaking them no doubt).

Are they real big?

BTW: I just left Yech a nice message over on Rocky Road....

Dave_G
09-08-2005, 06:42 AM
UH,

If you are a PT fan you will like these a lot, the quality is superb.

Dave