Gene Simmons' Rock School [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Gene Simmons' Rock School

Stone
09-06-2005, 05:46 AM
Anyone else watching this? I find it to be fairly entertaining. Plus, my son thinks it's pretty funny.

Smart planning on whoever came up with the idea; the kids and school staff are scared and bewildered by Gene Simmons, and the only way this would happen is to have it exactly where they did - in a prim and proper British boarding school. There's no way you'd get the same reaction in the states.

http://www.genesimmons.com/images/rockschoolban-horiz-horiz2.gif

3-LockBox
09-08-2005, 06:47 PM
I know, I know...Simmons was an english teacher back when, so I guess he can teach Rock 101 to some Brit kids, even though they seemed unimpressed. (Its not like Kiss has done anything relevent in over a decade musically anyway) Its entertaining enough, but I tire of Simmons' pompous assertions that he (or KISS) invented heavy metal. And besides, KISS was the bubblegum music of serious rock-n-roll anyway, even in the '70s. They were a one-trick pony at best. These kids are already as talented musically as KISS was in '75, so I'm sure they'll be able to pull off a few KISS tunes without too much trouble.

At least Simmons' legacy won't be tainted by this, the way Ozzy's is now.

Swish
09-09-2005, 01:03 PM
I know, I know...Simmons was an english teacher back when, so I guess he can teach Rock 101 to some Brit kids, even though they seemed unimpressed. (Its not like Kiss has done anything relevent in over a decade musically anyway) Its entertaining enough, but I tire of Simmons' pompous assertions that he (or KISS) invented heavy metal. And besides, KISS was the bubblegum music of serious rock-n-roll anyway, even in the '70s. They were a one-trick pony at best. These kids are already as talented musically as KISS was in '75, so I'm sure they'll be able to pull off a few KISS tunes without too much trouble.

At least Simmons' legacy won't be tainted by this, the way Ozzy's is now.

for the Patriots vs. Raiders? I thought Ozzie and company looked pretty out of place on a football field, although I never like to see live bands during a football game, whether it's before the game or at half-time. I just struck me as goofy.

S Daddy.

3-LockBox
09-09-2005, 08:38 PM
so I didn't the game. And I too detest what TV is doing to the game. Pop/rock/jazz or any other kind of music has no place on the football field.

Slosh
09-10-2005, 03:17 AM
I hate Kiss and always have, even at the height of their popularity in the '70s when all the other nine year old kids were dressing like them for halloween. They are the pro wrestling of rock.

But Ozzy, sheesh. Snorted too many ants or something. Listen to his lyrics from any of his Black Sabbath albums and then hear him speak today. Hard to believe this is the same person. He sounds like a boxer who should have retired many, many bouts ago. What a shame.

3-LockBox
09-10-2005, 01:11 PM
And to be honest, I did like the movie <u>KISS meets the Phantom</u> when I was a kid. That's what these guys did best...shlock-n-roll.