Happy Birthday to Vinyl Nirvana [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday to Vinyl Nirvana

ddarch44
09-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Hi all,

Well, it's hard to believe, but Vinyl Nirvana turns one year old this week. This fantasy idea I had a couple of years back has come true, thanks mostly to audio discussion boards such as AR, and also the technical expertise of my good friend Andre Gagnon. Andre and I have known each other for over thirty years now, and have had a lot of schemes and dreams go by the wayside. This is the first we followed through on, and its success has surpassed my wildest expectations: Vinyl Nirvana is consistently in the top two searches (for AR info) of all the major engines, and there are, on average, 300 site visits per day. Though those stats amaze me, the most gratifying part has been the thanks and compliments from true AR turntable fans. Not a week has gone by where someone hasn't happened upon the site and thanked me for some piece of info they have found. Likewise, others often write with links of interest.

The site will continue to grow. I have plans to expand the DIY section, in particular. Anyway, my sincere appreciation goes out to all at AR who have helped the site to be what it has become.

Best,

Dave

www.vinylnirvana.com

dean_martin
09-02-2005, 06:17 PM
Hi all,

Well, it's hard to believe, but Vinyl Nirvana turns one year old this week. This fantasy idea I had a couple of years back has come true, thanks mostly to audio discussion boards such as AR, and also the technical expertise of my good friend Andre Gagnon. Andre and I have known each other for over thirty years now, and have had a lot of schemes and dreams go by the wayside. This is the first we followed through on, and its success has surpassed my wildest expectations: Vinyl Nirvana is consistently in the top two searches (for AR info) of all the major engines, and there are, on average, 300 site visits per day. Though those stats amaze me, the most gratifying part has been the thanks and compliments from true AR turntable fans. Not a week has gone by where someone hasn't happened upon the site and thanked me for some piece of info they have found. Likewise, others often write with links of interest.

The site will continue to grow. I have plans to expand the DIY section, in particular. Anyway, my sincere appreciation goes out to all at AR who have helped the site to be what it has become.

Best,

Dave

www.vinylnirvana.com

Congratulations. Also, I enjoy the pics you post here every month or so. Even if I don't comment on every one, I always check them out.

ddarch44
09-03-2005, 03:46 AM
Thanks!

Unfortunately I lost a couple of galleries (i could have posted) in a computer crash earlier this summer. Some things were retrievable, but not my old email and the pics they contained. I don't even recall who sent them anymore.

Anyway, I have another set to go in a week or so.

Dave