Music to listen to while waiting in line for coffee and gas [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Music to listen to while waiting in line for coffee and gas

Slosh
09-02-2005, 04:49 AM
I read that 80% of coffee comes through the N.O. ports and there's only a thirty day supply in this country. This is far more dire news to me than the gas situation (which is only going to get worse in the short term). I never really had much need for a portable player before but maybe I'll need to get me an iPod for waiting in line at Wawa for my morning fix :rolleyes:

And boy, is that Love Kraft good :) You US SFA fans are in for a real treat.

NP: Shack - Waterpistol (nice album, Monkeyboy :D )

Mike
09-02-2005, 05:00 AM
And boy, is that Love Kraft good :) You US SFA fans are in for a real treat.

Hey Sloshy I just got my hands on the new SFA and from what I hear I likes. Saw them live last year and that was a real treat

On the coffee front what the heck is going on in New Orleans? from what I think we see from unbiased news reports it's a mess and getting worse. But then the area affected is the size of the England so I guess maybe we should cut you some slack.

Cheers
Mike

ForeverAutumn
09-02-2005, 06:52 AM
At $1.35 a litre (1 gallon = 3.8 litres) no-one is waiting in line for gas. :mad:

But what the hell...I'm just glad to have dry roads to drive on and a home to drive to.

BarryL
09-02-2005, 08:07 AM
At $1.35 a litre (1 gallon = 3.8 litres) no-one is waiting in line for gas. :mad:

But what the hell...I'm just glad to have dry roads to drive on and a home to drive to.

...to subsidize the rising fuel costs for us public transit users. I'll be thinking of you as I sip my morning coffee and read my book on the way to work while you drive the deserted roads of suburbia.

Blaaahwaahaawaa!

(Any chance that Yech was in New Orleans at the time? Perhaps he's gone down to loot used blues vinyl shops?)

Slosh
09-02-2005, 08:40 AM
At $1.35 a litre (1 gallon = 3.8 litres) no-one is waiting in line for gas. :mad: Not yet. Give it a little time.

What? Me worry?

audiobill
09-02-2005, 12:47 PM
[QUOTE=Slosh]I read that 80% of coffee comes through the N.O. ports and there's only a thirty day supply in this country. This is far more dire news to me than the gas situation (which is only going to get worse in the short term). I never really had much need for a portable player before but maybe.....

I agree........ java is my elixir -- I cannot do without.

Java music suggestion: Common -- Be (Just picked it up, today) N.P.

Cheers,

Bill

Swish
09-03-2005, 07:17 AM
We order hundreds of pounds of beans from him every month for our shop, and I'm sure if there was going to be a shortage he would know about it and give us a heads up. That would be a real tragedy for us for sure! Not only do I love the stuff, but I don't know how our shop could survive for too long without a decent supply. My guess is that they'll find other means to get the stuff into the US. Some of those exporting countries can't afford to have their supplies sitting idle for too long, so I'm confident they'll find a way, perhaps at a higher cost.

As for music, how about Milton - Scenes From the Interior. I think this one is a well-kept secret, especially from those at Rave Recs.

Swish

Monkey Bones
09-05-2005, 02:58 PM
Shack - Waterpistol (nice album, Monkeyboy :D )
Occasionally you do make a lot of sense, schwappen boy. Listening to that most excellent of recent favorites right now myself on a nice holiday weekend with some steaks ready to burn and some German potato salad gathering flavor in the pot and some green beans getting tender and some Sierra Nevada Pale Ale keeping the day lubricated and worry free. Hope all my Rave Wrecker frends are high and dry and listening to some good music.

Take care all!