Quiet sound... no power coming from my reciever [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Quiet sound... no power coming from my reciever

Unclemo
09-01-2005, 05:29 PM
I have a Harmon Kardon AVR 8000. I just connected it to new speakers (it was stored the last couple months), but it has no power to it. It just sounds dead. I can turn it all the way up and it's still not as loud as you would normally watch tv. What could be wrong?
Thanks

PAT.P
09-01-2005, 06:54 PM
I have a Harmon Kardon AVR 8000. I just connected it to new speakers (it was stored the last couple months), but it has no power to it. It just sounds dead. I can turn it all the way up and it's still not as loud as you would normally watch tv. What could be wrong?
Thanks
Did you leave the plug of the receiver unplug when you install speaker wire ?Does your receiver have any lights on front panel?Does this receiver have a protect mode ?Pat.P

Unclemo
09-01-2005, 07:02 PM
No, I did not have the receiver unplugged. I only had it turned off. What could that have done? I know a red color light is suppose to come on when there is an error... it's not on. I don't know if it's in protect mode. I will have to look into that.

PAT.P
09-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Unplug it for 30 min and after try it again.You might have to reset to factory setting(if its on your receiver).Pat.P