Connecting SUB to new receiver [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Connecting SUB to new receiver

BDM1
09-01-2005, 04:21 AM
Hello all and please pardon the naivety here. . .

I've finally joined the 1990's and bought a true surround receiver. Now I have a question:

My Onkyo receiver has a single RCA out for the sub and my Klipsch sub has a L/R (two port) in.

I bought a standard RCA cable.

How do I connect these so that they work. Life was sooooo much easier when I had my old receiver and a pair of Khorns in the corner. . .

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brian

kexodusc
09-01-2005, 04:28 AM
One of the two inputs should be designated to be the primary sub input, I don't remember which but the manual or the back usually says. Alternatively you could buy a Y-adaptor to plug the end of the RCA into, and then plug both Y ends into the L/R inputs. This will increase the signal fed to the sub, and make it "seem" as though the sub can play louder (voltage stays constant through both parallel L and R branches when split).
Either way is fine.

GMichael
09-01-2005, 04:54 AM
Hello all and please pardon the naivety here. . .

I've finally joined the 1990's and bought a true surround receiver. Now I have a question:

My Onkyo receiver has a single RCA out for the sub and my Klipsch sub has a L/R (two port) in.

I bought a standard RCA cable.

How do I connect these so that they work. Life was sooooo much easier when I had my old receiver and a pair of Khorns in the corner. . .

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brian

Wecome to our world. Kex took good care of you.