College Football!!!!!!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : College Football!!!!!!!!

Kam
08-31-2005, 07:16 AM
FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!! one day away! thurs nights on espn are finally exciting again! usc goes for teh threepeat! leinert a double-heisman? urban meyer at florida! the 'ol ball coach back in the game! texas actually worthy of its preseason ranking? (not until after they take on the sooners) my 'canes return to the top? or does vtech win the acc? will louisville expose the big east for being as crappy as they are without miami and vtech?
will notre dame continue its downward spiral? (hopefully) along with ty's success at wash!
so many questions, so much fun!
let the games begin!!!!!

Gimmes:
USC v. Hawaii - the rainbows get trounced.
TCU v. OK - sooners have a nice warm up
Louisville v. Kentucky - too much firepower for louisville

Danger:
Boise State v. Georgia - they're away from the blue turf, but bulldogs beware!
Aggies v. Clemson - death valley, clemson could start a good campaign here.
VTech v. NC State - the marcus vick era begins with a bang or bust?

Miami v. FSU - do my boys continue the dominance over the 'noles? shake ups on both sides, but i think the edge goes to miami. they've gone in to doak and one twice already, so no intimidation factor there. and... can never pick against them.

peace
k2
GO 'CANES!

kexodusc
08-31-2005, 09:23 AM
Boomer Sooner!!! This time for sure!!! (well, maybe not, but we'll still beat those smelly Aggies).
Can't wait...it's gonna be a great season!

topspeed
08-31-2005, 11:28 AM
Yeah, Baby!!!

I've been waiting 7 looong months for this weekend! It's time to see what effect losing Norm Chow is going to have on my Trojans. This year, I don't think you'll see any dip at all as Leinert is pretty well on cruise control at this point. Next year, hmmm...

I think your Canes have got that one Kam, there has been more turmoil over at FSU than in a whole season of Lost. I want to catch that game, along with the Boise-Georgia game and obviously my boys in Hawaii. There's a reason I bought my big-screen HDTV before Sept. 2. The party is on at my house! Consider this an open invitation, although all Bruin and Irish fans must stand outside with my dog.

FIGHT ON!

dean_martin
08-31-2005, 12:27 PM
Hmmmm...what about the Gators? They may be the best team in Florida. I guess the Canes would have to play them in a bowl. The Gators come to Tuscaloosa on Oct. 1 at a time when Bama is trying to re-live the glory of the good 'ol days. As of late, success has come in 3-year cycles for new coaches (except for Mike Price) at Alabama. This is Shula's 3rd year and expectations are high after 2 highly regarded full recruiting classes. Bama got off to a great start last year, then the injury bug hit the entire backfield including backups. That's where lack of depth due to probation really hurt.

SEC report: Auburn shot its wad last year and would have played for the national championship if they had met expectations the previous year when some publications had them ranked preseason #1.

LSU - From what I'm reading they are loaded with talent and they have a heated battle for quarterback. The leading candidate to start is JeMarcus Russle, a former Mr. Alabama football star. But a hot young freshman named Flynn is right on his tail.

Tennessee - I hate Tennessee. (Is that objective enough for you?)

Florida - I think Urban Meyer is going to put things together in Gainesville, but in addition to their SEC East opponents Georgia and Tennesse they face LSU and Bama from the West.

Georgia - I haven't heard enough about them to comment, but I expect them to be tough. DJ Shockley may have a break-out year.

Duds
08-31-2005, 12:53 PM
Huge Michigan fan here, can't wait for the season to get started!!!

FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!! one day away! thurs nights on espn are finally exciting again! usc goes for teh threepeat! leinert a double-heisman? urban meyer at florida! the 'ol ball coach back in the game! texas actually worthy of its preseason ranking? (not until after they take on the sooners) my 'canes return to the top? or does vtech win the acc? will louisville expose the big east for being as crappy as they are without miami and vtech?
will notre dame continue its downward spiral? (hopefully) along with ty's success at wash!
so many questions, so much fun!
let the games begin!!!!!

Gimmes:
USC v. Hawaii - the rainbows get trounced.
TCU v. OK - sooners have a nice warm up
Louisville v. Kentucky - too much firepower for louisville

Danger:
Boise State v. Georgia - they're away from the blue turf, but bulldogs beware!
Aggies v. Clemson - death valley, clemson could start a good campaign here.
VTech v. NC State - the marcus vick era begins with a bang or bust?

Miami v. FSU - do my boys continue the dominance over the 'noles? shake ups on both sides, but i think the edge goes to miami. they've gone in to doak and one twice already, so no intimidation factor there. and... can never pick against them.

peace
k2
GO 'CANES!

Justlisten2
09-01-2005, 06:28 AM
Yeah, Baby!!!

I've been waiting 7 looong months for this weekend! It's time to see what effect losing Norm Chow is going to have on my Trojans. This year, I don't think you'll see any dip at all as Leinert is pretty well on cruise control at this point. Next year, hmmm...

I think your Canes have got that one Kam, there has been more turmoil over at FSU than in a whole season of Lost. I want to catch that game, along with the Boise-Georgia game and obviously my boys in Hawaii. There's a reason I bought my big-screen HDTV before Sept. 2. The party is on at my house! Consider this an open invitation, although all Bruin and Irish fans must stand outside with my dog.

FIGHT ON!

I'm pumped this year too, since it will be my first season with HDTV! It's gonna be awesome.

I still like USC to win it all, and I'm hoping that my Nittany Lions can come back to respectability. Is that asking too much??? :confused:

Woochifer
09-01-2005, 01:47 PM
Yeah, Baby!!!

Gosh ts, tough choice there ... watch the Trojans stomp on an overmatched preseason opponent or spend quality time with the pooch -- what to do? Where do you keep the leash? :D

I'm actually in SoCal for work, but have to fly back to the Bay Area on Saturday for an event with some of my wife's friends, so I won't be able to take the short hop down I-5 over to Qualcomm Stadium to see my Bruins take on the Aztecs. This will be a very interesting year, and in the preseason they've been pegged anywhere from second to fifth in the Pac-10. I can see them going 10-2 just as easily as I can see them going thru a 4-7 meltdown -- should be quite a ride this year and probably scary at times! In the short-term, the injury bug has hit the D-line; and our QB of the future Ben Olson broke his hand in practice last week, so he won't get any of the early season PT that he needs to get settled in with Dorrell's offense. As much as I like what Dorrell's trying to put in place with the program, I think this is his make or break year. Another .500 season and things will get ugly in a hurry.

It's also going to be an interesting year at your end as well with Norm Chow's departure. Even though his offense is staying in place, Chow always earned his keep because he's an absolute witch with halftime adjustments. I always remembered thinking how scary his offensive coaching would be if he could work with better athletes than the ones he typically had at BYU.