I know DLD hasn't been around lately... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I know DLD hasn't been around lately...

MindGoneHaywire
08-30-2005, 09:37 PM
...but I think that's a shame as I've always liked his posts & we've pulled off some great comp trades over the past few years, and good emails back & forth as well. I think I saw something indicating he's got some family missing, or at least unheard from, from the Gulf Coast...so, in the midst of all of the coverage of this horrible destruction, I wanted to add a public thought & put it out there to him, along with all the thoughts, feelings, sympathy, and frustration for everyone down there. Nasty, I hope yr people are okay...

Swish
08-31-2005, 03:21 AM
...but I think that's a shame as I've always liked his posts & we've pulled off some great comp trades over the past few years, and good emails back & forth as well. I think I saw something indicating he's got some family missing, or at least unheard from, from the Gulf Coast...so, in the midst of all of the coverage of this horrible destruction, I wanted to add a public thought & put it out there to him, along with all the thoughts, feelings, sympathy, and frustration for everyone down there. Nasty, I hope yr people are okay...

and he told me at least one good friend got out well in advance, along with his fiance (We met this guy briefly for a couple glasses of wine our first night there). He's not so sure about a couple of others, at least in New Orleans, and I'm sure he's plenty worried. I'm very concerned about his one friend (used to be married to someone in DLD's family, but I forget the connection). The guy's name is Nick and he's a musician and has an awesome recording studio down there and was gracious enough to give us a tour of it. He told some great stories and knows a ton of people and info about the Big Easy. Nick's mother also lives there, although I didn't get to meet her. I actually just shot Nasty an e-mail before checking in here, so I'll pass along anything that's not too terribly personal, especially if it's good news.

What's really ironic is that when we were down there for the Jazz Fest last year, it was cancelled one day due to heavy rains. We saw some minor street flooding in the Garden District, and DLD mentioned how the city could not withstand a major storm. He said the pumping stations would fail and the city would sustain some very heavy damage, or words to that effect.

Swish

Snowbunny
08-31-2005, 07:04 AM
I'm very concerned about his one friend (used to be married to someone in DLD's family, but I forget the connection). The guy's name is Nick and he's a musician and has an awesome recording studio down there
Swish

I believe Nick was married to David's sister-in-law, Doris Steadman, a real firecracker who likes to say, "I don't get involved, I get laid! It's fun, dammit! Anybody who says it's not is either a liar or doin' it wrong! " ;)

I been thinking about him too, but not too worried since he's only in LA on business. I hope his own self and his loved ones are okay, too.

Snowbuns

(He's a lot smarter than he looks, ain't he?) :D

Swish
08-31-2005, 10:21 AM
I believe Nick was married to David's sister-in-law, Doris Steadman, a real firecracker who likes to say, "I don't get involved, I get laid! It's fun, dammit! Anybody who says it's not is either a liar or doin' it wrong! " ;)

I been thinking about him too, but not too worried since he's only in LA on business. I hope his own self and his loved ones are okay, too.

Snowbuns

(He's a lot smarter than he looks, ain't he?) :D

I can't even remember what I had for breakfast.

Swish

tibor nagy
08-31-2005, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the kind thoughts folks. Forgot my old password but my veddy vedy good friend Tibor gave me his. Whatta guy.

All three of my "folks" got out Having said that, Paul, I know you know that Nick's studio is history. Absolutely no doubt about that. No way a freekin basement in NOLA could not be flooded. He had a fortune in equipemnt in there and I hope he and his partner got most of it out. but Nick ain't the most motivated of dudes.

I'm heartbroken over this tragedy. Words can't describe the extent of it, I think I read over at the Outside Forum that it was a disaster of biblical proportions. If this was in Baltimore I'd be devastated as well. No place deserves a fate like this. Cept maybe Regina or Odessa where Crystal used to strip..

Thnks Jay for the heads up. You guys are great folks and hope to see you all once upon a time plus Paul again. BTW, Tibor sends his most kinds regards.

Lee Steadman is a fine upright outsanding husband, father, and all around citizen.; But that don't make him no Tiffany Diamond/

tentoze
08-31-2005, 01:17 PM
Glad to hear from you.

tibor nagy
08-31-2005, 08:25 PM
Glad to be heard 'toze. Hope that Hk is still making sweet vinyl sounds for ya.

audiobill
08-31-2005, 08:29 PM
Glad that you & yours are safe DLD.

I've been watching the television, here in Canada, and can't believe what I'm seeing.

Take care & be well.

Bill