O/T Poor Bret Favre The Unluckiest Man Alive [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : O/T Poor Bret Favre The Unluckiest Man Alive

EdwardGein
08-30-2005, 06:09 PM
If your a football fan, you might be interested to know that Bret Favre's family home was destroyed by the hurricane- he's lucky several members of his family who chose not to leave Mississipi are OK. Without going into it, I've never seen any celebrity/pro athlete have the tragedies he's had in the last 2 years. I couldn't get out of bed with all he's gone through and yet he's playing as usual this week.

JeffKnob
08-30-2005, 07:03 PM
You obviously know that this is off-topic so please write things like this in the off-topic forum not the home theater forum.

EdwardGein
08-30-2005, 07:45 PM
You obviously know that this is off-topic so please write things like this in the off-topic forum not the home theater forum.

I appologize I should go Yammies Yammies Denon Yay!

cam
08-30-2005, 07:52 PM
Hey Jeff, Hershwardgein is just trying to get more votes for the most annoying member in the steal cage.

N. Abstentia
08-30-2005, 09:50 PM
How is Brett Farve the unluckiest man alive????

How much money does he make to play a game...$5-$6 million per year? Maybe more..I don't know.

There are people who have worked their whole lives to pay for their houses that got wiped out and will not be able to even see what's left for months. Brett has worse luck than them?

Lots of people drowned in their own houses are are still there. But Brett is much worse off.

EdwardGein
08-30-2005, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE=N. Abstentia]How is Brett Farve the unluckiest man alive????

His wife has breast cancer His brother in law who he was extremely close to died in a car accident His father died of a heart attack All within the last year and a half on seperate occasions. I think he'd trade his money & fame to have them back

kexodusc
08-31-2005, 03:31 AM
Hmmm, would I rather be a rich NFL QB enduring life's tragedies, or just plain ol' me enduring life's tragedies?

Tough one...but I think I'd take the money, fame, etc...Brett Favre hasn't had a great couple of years, but if you think what he's going through is excessive, consider yourself very lucky. Sooner or later everyone goes through something similar to what's happened to him (well, the whole storm ripping apart your house might be substituted with something else).

I don't worry about the celebritites, I worry about the poor guy with 2 kids who watched his home destroyed and his wife taken...they're the ones that need our prayers.

N. Abstentia
08-31-2005, 06:05 AM
I'm not arguing that those are not tragedies, and I'm sure Brett would indeed love to have them back.

However...how does that make him the unluckiest man alive? I hope and pray that I never have to deal with my wife ever having breast cancer and I'm sure it tears Brett up inside. However, Brett has and endless supply of cash to get her the best care possible and doesn't even have to think about it. How many people can say that? There are people out there who will spend the rest of their lives paying off medical bills with everything they have. All Brett has to do is write 1 check and it's done.

Turn on CNN and then tell me again that Brett Farve is the unluckiest person alive.

[QUOTE=N. Abstentia]How is Brett Farve the unluckiest man alive????

His wife has breast cancer His brother in law who he was extremely close to died in a car accident His father died of a heart attack All within the last year and a half on seperate occasions. I think he'd trade his money & fame to have them back

GMichael
08-31-2005, 06:34 AM
I'm not arguing that those are not tragedies, and I'm sure Brett would indeed love to have them back.

However...how does that make him the unluckiest man alive? I hope and pray that I never have to deal with my wife ever having breast cancer and I'm sure it tears Brett up inside. However, Brett has and endless supply of cash to get her the best care possible and doesn't even have to think about it. How many people can say that? There are people out there who will spend the rest of their lives paying off medical bills with everything they have. All Brett has to do is write 1 check and it's done.

Turn on CNN and then tell me again that Brett Farve is the unluckiest person alive.

I think that maybe it was just a poor choice of wording. Brett has been unlucky, as many other have been, in the last few years. Maybe it would have been better to say, "look how unlucky this famous, rich, QB has been the last two years."

JeffKnob
08-31-2005, 06:50 AM
he's lucky several members of his family who chose not to leave Mississipi are OK.

He is very lucky because his family got out alive. His family can always just move here to his WI home for the season while his MS home gets rebuilt.

The unlucky people are the ones that are floating in the water, dead.

RebLinn
09-17-2023, 11:34 PM
I sympathize with everyone who experienced such a disaster as a hurricane. But in this case, I’m just sure that his loss was quickly compensated for. Being a famous football player means having big contracts. Even football fans can partially recoup their money spent on tickets and paraphernalia using online predictions - https://1xbet.com/en/ If you have strong skills in sports forecasts, you can save up for a new house in a couple of years.