Cedia [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cedia

Geno1
08-30-2005, 08:23 AM
Just wondering if any one out there besides myself will be attending CEDIA next week.
If so and you don’t know Cheap Trick will be playing at one of the special dealer events.
Just trying to get a feel of the different audiophiles out there.
:cool:

JonW
08-30-2005, 10:29 AM
So what is the show like? How much does it cost to go?

I live about an hour from where it will be this year. I'm in the market for some speakers, receiver, amps, etc. But I'm just a guy. Not a dealer or anything. Would it be a fun thing to do?

Geno1
08-30-2005, 11:16 AM
It is a great show for Integrators and Dealers. I think if an audiophile could get in you would love it. You would get to see all of the very high-end audio systems and all of the newest technologies before they roll out for production this comming year.

This is the show case for the audio/visual system designers on the home integration side of this business. This show will show everything form full blown home control with lighting audio visual and distribution for every size of home.

Since I am a systems integrator I am a member of CEDIA and can get registered. You can try to go to cedia.net and call them and see if they would allow you to get a pass.

If not email me and I can see what I can do, this is for JonW only sorry first come first serve and I cannot promise this.

JonW
08-31-2005, 06:23 AM
Hey Geno,

Thanks for the offer- very kind of you. Looking at my calendar, I see that I'm actually out of town Sept 9-11. So I could only go on the 7th and/or 8th. Looks like those are the "education" days. I'd guess that it will be seminar focused then? And seeing all the new fun stuff for sale in the near future would be more on the weekend, when I'm away. Oh well.

Maybe I could try and go next year if it's going to be in Indianapolis. A quick web search looks like it was in Indy last year as well. So maybe next year, too?

Have fun there!

Geno1
08-31-2005, 10:02 AM
Hey Jon

Yes Cedia is in Indy every year. Just keep the web address and look at the schedual for next year.

Have a safe trip and send me a line next year if you can't get in.

Geno

JonW
08-31-2005, 11:20 AM
It's in Indy every year? Oh, that's great. Yeah, maybe I'll try to make it next year. It does sound like lots of fun- an adult guy's toy playground. :)

Have fun at the show and in Indy!

-Jon