Recording From HBO progragm [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Recording From HBO progragm

atomic222
08-29-2005, 06:57 AM
Is it possible to record HBO on to your Dvd recorder? Do you need to use a RAM disc to do this, I was trying to use a rw-R and it did not record. I do not have a hard drive on my recorder as far as i know. A friend told me that it is possible but that you can only record one time or inother words you could not burn your recording to another dvd? Any help appreciated.

N. Abstentia
08-29-2005, 07:01 AM
If you can record anything at all then you can record HBO, it's just a TV channel. What are you aksing????

paul_pci
08-29-2005, 03:49 PM
Do you have the video source running through the DVD recorder as you would a VCR?

atomic222
08-30-2005, 03:26 AM
Yes, I do have a componet cable or rca cable running to my dvd recorder from my cablebox. I might have not done it right, but it did not record the program. I am new at recording from dvd. So i will try it again.

Geno1
08-30-2005, 09:21 AM
First make sure that the output of the cable box is routed to the input of the DVD
Second make sure that you have the recorder set properly “the recording format must match the type of disc you have and playback are set to playback the format you have record" Some times you must set the DVD recorder every time try to record.

atomic222
08-31-2005, 03:21 AM
I have not gone back to try it as of today.