Morel Kit? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Morel Kit?

alexperl
08-27-2005, 08:05 PM
Hi.
1. Does any bady know any Kit whith a Morel Drivers? or maybe some crossover schematics of a speakers with a morel drivers?
2. Best kit for 400$ , drivers and crossover, no cabinets.
Thanks..

kexodusc
08-28-2005, 04:37 AM
You might try Morel's webpage for a Morel kit...I don't recall ever seeing one. Actually, I don't see many speakers with their woofers used at all, just their extremely popular tweeters.

As for best kit for $400 - good luck. There's dozens of excellent kits out there and hundreds more excellent designs (not sold in kits, but with all the info you need to order parts and build).
I'd recommend any with the Dayton Reference line of drivers, lots of people doing great things with those.

I've personally heard this design, if memory serves parts were around $270-$300. I can't think of a speaker for $300 or less (no cabinets) I've heard that I liked better, I've heard some $500 kits that weren't as nice...the designer is well known on a lot of DIY forums.
http://www.zaphaudio.com/audio-speaker17.html

These Seas drivers are real value leaders IMO, especially the tweeters.

Your best bet is to try to identify exactly what you're looking for - small 2-way? Large tower? MTM? etc...Then start looking for that.

alexperl
08-28-2005, 07:03 AM
I what hi end bookshelf speaker better then AR.COM's.