Please help indentify artist - male, sings in african, has french-sounding name [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Please help indentify artist - male, sings in african, has french-sounding name

Calin
08-27-2005, 06:56 AM
Hi all

My name is Calin.

A few months ago, at the local B&W showroom, I listened to something I liked very much, but wasn't glever enough to write it down.
All I can say about the song is that it was sung in African (I think) and the artist had a french sounding-name.
The song started with vocals only, and after a while just an athmospheric synthesizer background settled in. Needless to say, it was recorded in audiophile conditions. I liked it a lot and if I could identify it I'd surely buy that CD.
Maybe anyone can help?

Best regards,
Calin

audiobill
08-27-2005, 07:51 AM
Hi all

My name is Calin.
All I can say about the song is that it was sung in African (I think) and the artist had a french sounding-name.

Maybe anyone can help?

Best regards,
Calin

Hi, Calin.

Youssou N'Dour is what comes to mind. Not sure if he is what you heard. Et Ses Ami is a 2002 release of his that has a French flair to it.

Cheers,
audiobill

Dusty Chalk
08-27-2005, 12:04 PM
Might I recommend going back to the showroom and asking them what they may have been spinning that day? Chances are, it was someone's favourite.

Blindly, I'd have to second that Youssou N'Dour guess.