panasonic plasma price drop sept. 1st? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : panasonic plasma price drop sept. 1st?

strutter
08-26-2005, 03:30 PM
hey guys,

has anyone else heard about panasonic droppng the prices on all their plasmas on sept. 1st?

i'm interested in buying a panasonic px4250u plasma tv. they have this at circuit city for
$3,199. with a $300. rebate that ends tomorrow (8/27). a friend of mine told me he heard panasonic is dropping the price on all their plasma tv's on sept.1.

$3,000. is a little more than i was looking to spend but this seems like a good deal for this tv.

does anyone have this model? if so how is it? looks great in the store but they have it running a dvd pumped up to 1080i. how does sd look?

any feedback would be appreciated.

Woochifer
08-26-2005, 04:37 PM
A lot of talk about this over on the AVS Forum. I can't recall exactly when Panasonic last revised their current plasma models, but they are at least halfway through the product cycle by now and there are downward price pressures galore right now in the marketplace. The discussions over at the other site mention that Panasonic's going to drop the list prices by $500, and also mention that Pioneer's due to come out with their new plasma models in the next couple of months. I've already seen price breaks on the existing Pioneer plasma models over at Magnolia/Best Buy.

oldsmoboat
08-26-2005, 06:37 PM
A lot of talk about this over on the AVS Forum. ...

Is there more than one AVS forum? I seem to be getting one in the UK.

strutter
08-26-2005, 06:42 PM
Is there more than one AVS forum? I seem to be getting one in the UK.

for avs forum. it is the first one that comes up. i had the same problem when just typing it www.avsforum.com

oldsmoboat
09-01-2005, 06:42 PM
Doesn't seem to have materialized.