surge suppressor? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : surge suppressor?

Mike in Denver
01-06-2004, 02:13 PM
Can anyone make some recomendations on surge suppressors? I recently upgraded to some nice Rotel seperates and am wondering what I should be doing (if anything) to protect my investment via surge supression units. Specific recomendations helpful.

thanks

Mike in Denver

mtrycraft
01-06-2004, 10:58 PM
Can anyone make some recomendations on surge suppressors? I recently upgraded to some nice Rotel seperates and am wondering what I should be doing (if anything) to protect my investment via surge supression units. Specific recomendations helpful.

thanks

Mike in Denver

Consumer Reports did a reviw of some back in th eJan 00 issue. They picked Tripp Lite Isotel 6 Ultra.

Dual-500
01-30-2004, 01:32 AM

For the best protection a quality UPS is the way to go.

Pictured in an APC 2200RMXL unit with auxillary battery pack on top.

I found this one on eBay for $225.00 for the UPS and $200 for the aux battery pack (optional to extend run time). This setup offers the best surge protection, voltage leveling and 3+ hours of blackout protection on an HT setup.

Less expensive "Tower" units are available on eBay for ~125.00.

These are professonal laboratory grade UPS's with true sine wave output. The 2200RMXL pictured has a list price of ~$1500.00. APC provides lifetime transferrable performance guarantee in the event of UPS failure and damage to electronics equipment - they will replace it.

http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/140b60e9/bc/UPS/APC+2200RMXL+UPS.jpg?BCociGABcmndzsDz

malibushirl
02-11-2004, 12:55 PM
Hi there,

About a year ago I researched line conditioners/surge supressors and had found a high quality and not too pricy($$$) model as copared with others ($$$$). I Don't have the model name handy but if you are interested I will dig up the owners maual and send you the name.

Drop me a line if you are stil looking: malibushirl@charter.net

thanks

Mike in Denver

zappafreak
02-15-2004, 12:08 AM

thanks

Mike in Denver

FOR THE FRONT END STUFF GET A BRICK WALL PW8R15AUD FROM PRICE WHEELER. IT ACCEPTS 8 COMPONENTS.YOU WILL HAVE BULLIT PROOF PROTECTION. YOU CAN ALSO GET A HIGH CURRENT BRICK WALL JUST FOR THE AMP. IT ACCEPTS 2 COMPONENTS. ALSO BULLIT PROOF.
A LOT OF PEOPLE ALSO LIKE THE PS AUDIO HIGH CURRENT ULTIMATE OUTLET.IT ACCEPTS 2 COMPONENTS. IT IS EXPANDABLE IF YOU BUY PS AUDIO'S POWER BAR.
ZF

malibushirl
02-15-2004, 05:23 AM
I looked up the purchase info on what I am using and it is indeed the Brickwall from PriceWheeler as this individual suggests below. I'm using for all my Home theatre. Look them up on the web and let them talk for themselves. Very high praise from myself for their product.

FOR THE FRONT END STUFF GET A BRICK WALL PW8R15AUD FROM PRICE WHEELER. IT ACCEPTS 8 COMPONENTS.YOU WILL HAVE BULLIT PROOF PROTECTION. YOU CAN ALSO GET A HIGH CURRENT BRICK WALL JUST FOR THE AMP. IT ACCEPTS 2 COMPONENTS. ALSO BULLIT PROOF.
A LOT OF PEOPLE ALSO LIKE THE PS AUDIO HIGH CURRENT ULTIMATE OUTLET.IT ACCEPTS 2 COMPONENTS. IT IS EXPANDABLE IF YOU BUY PS AUDIO'S POWER BAR.
ZF