DVD player or recorder? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : DVD player or recorder?

StanleyMuso
08-24-2005, 07:07 PM
I asked this question in another thread but got no reply.

My DVD player needs replacing, and I'm looking around right now. It occurred to me that instead of just getting a player, this could be a good opportunity to get a recorder.

However, I don't know if recorders are just as good at playing commercial DVDs as the dedicated players. I don't want to compromise on playback of sound or picture.

Any suggestions?

StanleyMuso
08-28-2005, 04:14 PM
I asked this question in another thread but got no reply.

My DVD player needs replacing, and I'm looking around right now. It occurred to me that instead of just getting a player, this could be a good opportunity to get a recorder.

However, I don't know if recorders are just as good at playing commercial DVDs as the dedicated players. I don't want to compromise on playback of sound or picture.

Any suggestions?
If PQ and SQ of recorders are worse than players, I won't even consider it at this stage. Has anyone had the chance to do a comparison? Its useless relying on salesman recommendations as you know - I've been told diametrically opposite things in different stores. One tried to sell me both - one for convenience of recording, and the other for quality of reproduction. Naturally I told him I'd think about it and walked out.