MP3 player not loud enough.. help please [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : MP3 player not loud enough.. help please

timbo
08-24-2005, 05:02 AM
OK anyone,,,, how can I make my MP3 player louder and more eq juiced?? I just bought a Creative Labs 5G Muvo and I want it louder and better sounding. I am a novice, rookie and all that to most electronic gadgets, but I grew up rockin my brains in the 70's and still like to listen to it loud and crisp. I have thought this:: 1. record my cd's with a program at a loud, customizable level to begin with?? 2. A special kind of kick-ass loud headphones?? 3. What way is best process/mediun to acquire,copy, download/burn and stick onto my mp3 software to my mp3 for excellent mixed, loud tunes??? Thanks for any help anyone can throw my way. :p

Jim Clark
08-24-2005, 07:21 PM
OK anyone,,,, how can I make my MP3 player louder and more eq juiced?? I just bought a Creative Labs 5G Muvo and I want it louder and better sounding. I am a novice, rookie and all that to most electronic gadgets, but I grew up rockin my brains in the 70's and still like to listen to it loud and crisp. I have thought this:: 1. record my cd's with a program at a loud, customizable level to begin with?? 2. A special kind of kick-ass loud headphones?? 3. What way is best process/mediun to acquire,copy, download/burn and stick onto my mp3 software to my mp3 for excellent mixed, loud tunes??? Thanks for any help anyone can throw my way. :p

Build yourself one of these: http://tangentsoft.net/audio/cmoy-tutorial/

Pretty cool little gizmos with a high "wow" factor. If your just not feeling it you can buy a portable amp, just do a google search and I"m sure you'll find plenty. That'll take care of the juice. For the phones-to each his own. I happen to use Grado SR 125's but I've heard good things about some models by Senn, Koss and even Sony.

As for the rest, I don't do MP3's so I can't help.

good luck,
jc

markw
08-25-2005, 04:45 AM
The one Jim recommends looks interesting. ...I may check into it myself.