Routing wire...ot (a little)... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Routing wire...ot (a little)...

MCF
08-24-2005, 04:40 AM
I need some ideas on how to run some wires. My tv and center channel are on my front wall above a gas fireplace. The center channel speaker wire, tv power cable and tv patch chord to media center all run from this front wall down to built in cabinets to the right of the fire place where all my electronics are run. The wires run through the wall behind the fireplace (a big empty void). Unfortunately, I need to relocate all my stuff to the built in cabinets on the left side of the fireplace. Running all the other cables, etc. is easy as my fl speaker is already over there and the speaker wire runs behind the fireplace on the ground so I can use it and string to pull the other wires through. The problem with the tv and center channel speaker wires is that I can not simply pull them through in the same manner or they will wrap around the gas fireplace pipe that goes to the attic. I need to figure a way out to get the center channel speakers wire and tv wires back up to the front wall and around the fireplace pipe and then run them to the left cabinet. I already have two holes in the built in cabinet wall on the right (one for a fan and other for fl speaker wire) and one on the left (for fl speaker wire). I will cut another hole in the built in cabinet to the right of the fireplace. The only thing I can think of is to use some type of 'grabber' device to put in from the right side and pull the wires around the pipe. This will require my wife to be my eyes from the right side while I try to grab them from the left side. Any ideas? Take the tv down is not an option so I don't have access to the wires from the front wall unfortunately or this would be very easy.....