favorite concert dvd? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : favorite concert dvd?

musicman1999
08-23-2005, 01:12 AM
What is your favorite concert dvd and why?
Mine is David Gilmore in concert.It is an acoustic concert recorded in England with a killer band.It is about half Pink Floyd material and the rest covers.The video is clean and clear and the 5.1 track is solid.The real star,however is the pcm stereo track.In a word,stunning.
thanks
bill

eisforelectronic
08-23-2005, 09:06 AM
Roy Orbison: Black and White

and

Metallica: Cunning Stunts

Lexmark3200
08-23-2005, 09:39 AM
I have a few:

FLEETWOOD MAC: TANGO IN THE NIGHT LIVE
METALLICA: S&M
GOO GOO DOLLS LIVE IN BUFFALO JULY 4 2005
and the upcoming POLICE:SYNCHRONICITY LIVE WITH DTS

JSE
08-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Rush - Live in Rio. Unbelievable. To see and hear the crowd interaction is amazing.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
08-24-2005, 05:45 AM
Patty Labelle Live from the Apollo Theater. Watching this woman sing live is like being electrocuted with 1k of power. Anyone who can lay down, roll accross the floor while holding one of the highest notes I have ever heard her sing, and not waver one bit in pitch is awesome in their own right.

Tarheel_
08-24-2005, 08:44 AM
Rush in Rio....not greatest in terms of sound quality, but its a rockin concert with a ton of fans.

Eagles 'Hell Freezes Over'...sound quality here is unbelievable. Not even a big Eagles fan, but this DVD will show off you HT like no other.

Lexmark3200
08-24-2005, 08:53 AM
"Eagles 'Hell Freezes Over'...sound quality here is unbelievable. Not even a big Eagles fan, but this DVD will show off you HT like no other."

I have heard this statement before and thus put the disc on my Want List.....

paul_pci
08-24-2005, 03:54 PM
Pearl Jam Live at the Garden: awesome video and incredible sound.

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Live at Slane Castle: who doesn't love the Chili Peppers?

Woochifer
08-24-2005, 05:17 PM
From a purely technical standpoint, I would go with Boz Scaggs' Greatest Hits Live and Pat Metheny Group: Speaking of Now Live. From a purely performance standpoint, I would lean towards Bruce Springsteen Live In Barcelona.

The Boz Scaggs DVD was produced by HDNet for their high definition satellite broadcasts, and if any other concert videos that they might have produced look and sound this good, then I will definitely have to seek more of them out. My background with Boz Scaggs is limited to Silk Degrees and his latter albums, which used a multitude of L.A. session musicians that I used to frequently see around town. The DVD spans a much longer time frame beyond my familiarity, and as such, the music is a mixed bag with me. (But, the DVD was taped at the Great American Music Hall in San Francisco, which happens to be where I took my now wife on our first date, so I had to at least buy the disc for posterity's sake!) The technical production work at the video end on this disc is quite good, few visible flaws that I could pick up.

And on the audio end, the disc features 5.1 DD and DTS tracks, as well as a 2.0 track processed in SRS surround. The perspective of the audio mix takes more of an "artistic" approach, which does not limit the surround usage to ambient and crowd cues. This recording steers a lot of the keyboards, acoustic guitars, and background vocals into the surround channels, but also matches a lot of the lead instruments up front, which solidifies and stretches the side imaging perspective from the front soundstage back to just behind the listening position. While this creates a very convincing surround effect that plants the listener into the middle of the stage, it's not overdone and the ambient and crowd sounds from the backside are located exactly where they should be in the soundfield. Dynamically, the recording sounds great for an amplified live concert recording, and the layering of the different instruments is well differentiated with a very full sound (the use of two keyboardists and the good decisions in how the instrumentation gets steered into the surrounds probably contribute).

The Pat Metheny Group: Speaking of Now Live DVD is his third concert DVD, and this one was recorded in Japan inside of a concert hall with very good acoustics. This was also the first tour after Metheny revamped his long-time band lineup. Even though the album that this tour supported was unfortunately one of Metheny's weaker recent efforts, the displays of musicianmanship in this concert are very impressive and definitely pointed to greater and more exciting things to come from the new lineup. (Accordingly, the follow up album The Way Up is an absolutely astounding almost epic work that defies description, and one of his June performances of this album in Korea has been taped for DVD release -- can't wait!)

While the video quality of this DVD has its fair share of visible glitches, the audio is superlative. With 4.1 DD and DTS soundtracks, this DVD was mixed without the center channel, and compared to his two previous concert DVDs, it has a very open and ambient sound. Unlike the Boz Scaggs DVD, this sound mix takes the perspective from out in the audience and conveys the ambience of the concert hall very well. Dynamically, the sound is very clean with just the right amount of extension. In fact, when I saw Metheny earlier this year, I kept thinking how much I preferred the sound of the DVD over what his live concert rig sounded like.

The Bruce Springsteen DVD was filmed near the start of his 2002 tour in support of The Rising. Even though Springsteen has long been one of best live rock performers ever with one of the best jam bands around to back him up (they typically rehearse over 200 songs before going on tour, and Springsteen at any given moment might launch into any of them), this was the first time that he released a video that documented an entire concert (his concerts are typically over three hours long, and the playlist will vary from show to show). Even though his previous Live In New York City DVD probably did a better job at chronicling his "greatest hits," the Barcelona show was probably a better overall performance, and it highlighted The Rising which IMO perfectly captured the scope and meaning of 9/11, without resorting to scapegoating and poseur posturing that made its way into other 9/11-themed albums. The audio and video quality are both subpar, but the power of the performance is still evident.

kexodusc
08-24-2005, 05:31 PM
I don't have a favorite, but of the 19 concert DVD's I own, these are the top 5

Tori Amos - "Welcome to Sunny Florida" is a pretty good snapshot of what her live performances are like, and how she turns a stadium into an intimate club setting. Not all her best songs made it, and the sound quality is only average or so (no DTS), but excellent all the same.

Dream Theater -"Live at Budokan", awesome performance, excellent Dolby Digital track, and a fantastic set. An absolute must for any DT fan, and highly recommended for long-time Rush fans

Rush In Rio - just great.

Metallica - S&M - This should have been their swan song...what a send-off it would have been...remembered for all the right reasons. It's amazing how well their old music works with a symphony accompanying.

Allman Brothers - Live at the Beacon Theater - These guys are incredible...excellent from beginning to end...Warren Haynes may very well be the hardest working and most talented musician alive

JSE
08-24-2005, 07:42 PM
Dream Theater -"Live at Budokan"

That's probably my #2. Truly amazing

Some other greats, I have A LOT in my library.

Primus - Hallucino Genetics Live 2004. - If you like Primus, enjoy!

John Fogherty - Premonition. Not a huge fan but a great DVD

Roy Orbison - B&W How can you not like Roy?

Crossroads Guitar Festival - Cray, Vaughn (Jimmie), Guy, Clapton, King, Santana and even Steve Vai and others. What more could you asked for?

SRV - Live from Austin City Limits 95'. A must for any collection. The sound and picture pretty much suck but it's Stevie. You still get lost in his playing.

Norah Jones - Live in New Orleans. Put that puppy in the DVD player guys and your gonna get some from the old lady. And it's a great DVD.

Matchbox 20 - Show. I know, I know. But it's a good concert and the sound is pretty good.

Los Lobos - Live at the Filmore. Even if you don't like Los Lobos, you will like this DVD. Awesome sound and they really rock. Yes, they rock!

Depeche Mode - One Night in Paris. I was a huge fan in highschool and saw them about 5 or 6 times live. Great shows. This DVD has pretty good sound and video. Dave Gahan is the man when it comes to front men. The only real negative is they did not include some of their more lesser known "fan hits".

Anyway, just a few of my favorites.

JSE

08-25-2005, 03:39 AM
"Patty Labelle Live from the Apollo Theater. Watching this women sing......"

Can't we clean up our spelling and language usage just a bit here? Shouldn't this be----and correct me if I am wrong----watching this WOMAN not WOMEN sing?

I'll clean up my spelling when you learn to fact check your reviews and they are less than novel size. Deal?

Lexmark3200
08-25-2005, 09:29 AM
"Metallica - S&M - This should have been their swan song...what a send-off it would have been...remembered for all the right reasons. It's amazing how well their old music works with a symphony accompanying."

Hey Kexo,

I'll supply my DVD review of S&M in a little while for you to take a look at; I wrote it for three different magazines but Im not sure I ever posted it on this site......I agree with what you said....an awesome live concert man!

Lexmark3200
08-25-2005, 10:22 AM
I don't have a favorite, but of the 19 concert DVD's I own, these are the top 5

Tori Amos - "Welcome to Sunny Florida" is a pretty good snapshot of what her live performances are like, and how she turns a stadium into an intimate club setting. Not all her best songs made it, and the sound quality is only average or so (no DTS), but excellent all the same.

Dream Theater -"Live at Budokan", awesome performance, excellent Dolby Digital track, and a fantastic set. An absolute must for any DT fan, and highly recommended for long-time Rush fans

Rush In Rio - just great.

Metallica - S&M - This should have been their swan song...what a send-off it would have been...remembered for all the right reasons. It's amazing how well their old music works with a symphony accompanying.

Allman Brothers - Live at the Beacon Theater - These guys are incredible...excellent from beginning to end...Warren Haynes may very well be the hardest working and most talented musician alive

Hey Kexo,

When you get a chance, check out the review of S&M I prepared and pulled from my archives just for you in this forum!

Lexmark3200
08-25-2005, 10:37 AM
those are your spellings in your patriot review, not mine. go look it up in the post, no respelling, that's how you spelled them, unless you've gone back and edited the post. you apparently like the word: "admittingly" a lot as you use it in your other reviews. I believe, Shouldn't this be----and correct me if I am wrong----admittedly not admittingly?

No, my word was correct in the context of the discussion. Unless you changed it yourself for purposes within the window of this thread.

JSE
08-25-2005, 10:37 AM
those are your spellings in your patriot review, not mine. go look it up in the post, no respelling, that's how you spelled them, unless you've gone back and edited the post. you apparently like the word: "admittingly" a lot as you use it in your other reviews. I believe, Shouldn't this be----and correct me if I am wrong----admittedly not admittingly?

I blame the schools! :D

Lexmark3200
08-25-2005, 10:38 AM
I blame the schools! :D

Yeah......if you were HALF the writer I am.......

NOW THAT IS FUNNY!!!!!

Lexmark3200
08-25-2005, 10:39 AM
No smack back, just squirming!

YOU DA MAN!

JSE

No, it was a pretty hard crack back....my damn hand hurts! He has a thick head!

YOU DAMN SKIPPY I'M DA MAN!!!!!!!!

JSE
08-25-2005, 10:39 AM
And a smack back can be just as painful and scorning, as I cracked his ass back with a wallop catching him on the fact that he respelled my words for effect.....

No smack back, just squirming!

YOU DA MAN!

JSE

Lexmark3200
08-25-2005, 11:17 AM
I hope I am half the writer you are given the length of your reviews.

BTW, I would interested in seeing your reviews of S&M in those other magazines you write for. What magazines are they?

JSE

In depth reviews are supposed to be lengthy. Why so interested in S&M all of a sudden? Did you enjoy the concert?

JSE
08-25-2005, 11:21 AM
Yeah......if you were HALF the writer I am.......

NOW THAT IS FUNNY!!!!!

I hope I am half the writer you are given the length of your reviews.

BTW, I would interested in seeing your reviews of S&M in those other magazines you write for. What magazines are they?

JSE

JSE
08-25-2005, 11:37 AM
In depth reviews are supposed to be lengthy. Why so interested in S&M all of a sudden? Did you enjoy the concert?

What, no names of magazines? Simple question. Should be a simple answer. I'm a huge Metallica fan. That's why I'm interested. So, what about those names? I'm guessing you will squirm and not give any names but maybe I am wrong. Who knows? Oh yeah, you know!

JSE

Lexmark3200
08-25-2005, 11:53 AM
What, no names of magazines? Simple question. Should be a simple answer. I'm a huge Metallica fan. That's why I'm interested. So, what about those names? I'm guessing you will squirm and not give any names but maybe I am wrong. Who knows? Oh yeah, you know!

JSE

Squirm......lol......maybe I'lll keep ya guessing because it's just so much fun to get underya skin....Mr. Big Metallica Fan!

JSE
08-25-2005, 12:02 PM
Squirm......lol......maybe I'lll keep ya guessing because it's just so much fun to get underya skin....Mr. Big Metallica Fan!

Of course you will, you big fibber! Would those reviews be under Afruti, Lexmark3200 or DJ Scotty? Google is having a hard time locking on. :D

JSE

08-25-2005, 01:01 PM
Man, I heard that smack in Houston! :D

We felt the pressure wave here in the bay area, made ma head snap back!

JSE
08-25-2005, 01:05 PM
We felt the pressure wave here in the bay area, made ma head snap back!

Ooooo? Well, that might have been me. I had mexican for lunch. Sorry :rolleyes:

JSE

Lexmark3200
08-25-2005, 01:06 PM

JSE

Thats so funny-----so did I!! Well if you wanna call Taco Bell "Mexican"......that blast is what must have hit him smack dab across the side of that thick think tank......

JSE
08-25-2005, 01:10 PM
Big Fibber! LOL!!! IM LOOKING AT ONE OF THOSE MAGAZINES RIGHT NOW with my name in it as clear as day----and I can see that Mr. Terrible got to you as well and told you the little "secret" between you and Wooch and him about "what he did to poor old me" under another screen name on another site-----it happened NOTHING like he said it did, and that makes me laugh, and I am STILL in personal negotiations with that site's administration about what he did; its so funny how you three act like children and call me a fibber! LOL. I just keep laughing at it all.......

By the way, you got one of those screen names wrong, moron.....and what does Google have to do with a REAL name I go by when I write printed reviews?

Biddy well, little brotha! Biddy well!

LMFAO.....LMFAO.......

Well since your "LOOKING AT ONE OF THOSE MAGAZINES RIGHT NOW ", why don't you rattle off the name so we can see your handy work. You are the DVD Review GOD so why not let us look? Ofhthat's right, your a fibber. You don't write for any magazines and if you did, your self promoting ego would be spilling the magazine names all over the net.

"By the way, you got one of those screen names wrong, moron....."

Yeah, I know I did. Rudy Tutty! :eek: Ya Big Fibber!

JSE

Lexmark3200
08-25-2005, 01:13 PM
I hear a great deal of ***s come from the Bay Area......this must be rumor, no?

08-25-2005, 01:13 PM

JSE

I can tell you the names.

My co-reviewers
other reviewers
many magazines
many online publications
people who read my reviews
other professional reviewers

Oh he did drop one specific, Hometheater Magazine, but oh, his name doesn't appear anywhere in the magazine, not even as a contributing reviewer. Let's see....

did I say three magazines?

This is about as specific as he will get or he knows he will get busted in a lie. The problem is we know he's lying already!

08-25-2005, 01:14 PM

JSE

LOLOLOLOL....eeeeeeeewwwwwwww......LOLOLOLOL, your off the hook man!

Lexmark3200
08-25-2005, 01:16 PM

My co-reviewers
other reviewers
many magazines
many online publications

Oh he did drop one specific, Hometheater Magazine, but oh, his name doesn't appear anywhere in the magazine, not even as a contributing reviewer. Let's see....

did I say three magazines?

This is about as specific as he will get or he knows he will get busted in a lie. The problem is we know he's lying already!

Now people, what did I tell you about the Lithium this man takes and needs to give to his cohorts in here? The doses are WAY overdue and I am not sure if his prescription has expired or not, but he DOES need Lithium because you know why specifically? HE is the one who lies when he says others do.....now that is a classic case of brain chemical imbalance.....in the flesh so to speak.

LOL!

JSE
08-25-2005, 01:20 PM
Now people, what did I tell you about the Lithium this man takes and needs to give to his cohorts in here? The doses are WAY overdue and I am not sure if his prescription has expired or not, but he DOES need Lithium because you know why specifically? HE is the one who lies when he says others do.....now that is a classic case of brain chemical imbalance.....in the flesh so to speak.

LOL!

Is the Lithium take all you have left, Fibber?

JSE

Lexmark3200
08-25-2005, 01:21 PM
Well since your "LOOKING AT ONE OF THOSE MAGAZINES RIGHT NOW ", why don't you rattle off the name so we can see your handy work. You are the DVD Review GOD so why not let us look? Ofhthat's right, your a fibber. You don't write for any magazines and if you did, your self promoting ego would be spilling the magazine names all over the net.

"By the way, you got one of those screen names wrong, moron....."

Yeah, I know I did. Rudy Tutty! :eek: Ya Big Fibber!

JSE

Now THATS original.....poke fun all ya want......I'll still keep your sad ass guessing......

The Lithium, in your case, may be good for your condition as well.....Im looking into it....

Biddy Well, Little Brother! And keep following the big children in here who tell you lie after lie after lie after lie and chase people around the internet because sadly there's nothing else for them to do....

Ya Big Fibber!

LOL!

Lexmark3200
08-25-2005, 01:21 PM
Is the Lithium take all you have left, Fibber?

JSE

You tell me how its working for you, moron!

JSE
08-25-2005, 01:22 PM

My co-reviewers
other reviewers
many magazines
many online publications

Doh, I stand corrected! Just when I thought I had him. :(

JSE

Lexmark3200
08-25-2005, 01:44 PM
WOW!

So what about those magazine names? As usual, when your backed into a corner because of all your lies you start diverting attention from the question at hand. Your like a broken record, you skip in the same place every time.

Come on.....admit it......where does she like it because she wouldnt tell me......all I got were deep moans and groans gurgling from deep in her throat so I wasnt sure if it was the mouth or ass she liked it in....

Come on, tell me, please?

JSE
08-25-2005, 01:46 PM
You know it's funny......your mom didn't think I was such a fibber when I whipped it out and jumped into the sack with her.....

Then of course, there was no accounting for taste on my behalf.....and I DO mean taste.......

LMFAO......

WOW!

So what about those magazine names? As usual, when your backed into a corner because of all your lies you start diverting attention from the question at hand. Your like a broken record, you skip in the same place every time.

JSE
08-25-2005, 02:01 PM
Come on.....admit it......where does she like it because she wouldnt tell me......all I got were deep moans and groans gurgling from deep in her throat so I wasnt sure if it was the mouth or ass she liked it in....

Come on, tell me, please?

Not going to answer the question huh? I guess we can all just assume your were lying about writing for other magazines. Since you can't and won't prove it.

Oh well, I tried to show everyone your not a liar. You have just proved you are. But maybe you believe your own lies.

JSE

Lexmark3200
08-25-2005, 02:04 PM
Not going to answer the question huh? I guess we can all just assume your were lying about writing for other magazines. Since you can't and won't prove it.

Oh well, I tried to show everyone your not a liar. You have just proved you are. But maybe you believe your own lies.

JSE

Come on.....with all that bull**** that spews out of that pie hole of yours you cant answer MY simple question? Come on......

Man you are good......but SHE was better, I'll tell you that......

08-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Okay, this is soooo personal its not fun anymore. Pulling others parents, sister, brothers is not cool. And even mentioning things that people do behind closed doors is a complete non starter. Having fun is cool, but this is way out of hand Scotty. Uncool.

dean_martin
08-25-2005, 02:23 PM
Gentlemen, gentlemen, how much longer must this go on? Until Lex confesses he's a sham? Until Sir TtT lops off the head of his adversary? Until JSE blows us all away with a blast of noxious fumes? Where does it end? Will it ever end?

I put this question to each of you - what are you trying to accomplish?

Lex - what are you trying to accomplish with your extensive reviews that must be defended til your death or banishment? Must you always have the last word?

Sir TtT - what are you trying to accomplish by continuously calling Lex out on his reviews? (I think we all get it by now. Sometimes it's not necessary to drive the sword through - a little mercy goes a long way.)

JSE - well...I think you're just having a good time.

Woochifer - where are you? I'm proud of you for staying out of this one.

I see this board choking under a cloud of dvd reviews, counterpoints to dvd reviews and incessant defense of dvd reviews.

One last question: Where's our sgt. at arms? I hope ya'll didn't make him lay down his arms and leave.

Oh, sh*t, nevermind. You've all gone back to the spider-man thread.

Lexmark3200
08-25-2005, 02:24 PM
Gentlemen, gentlemen, how much longer must this go on? Until Lex confesses he's a sham? Until Sir TtT lops off the head of his adversary? Until JSE blows us all away with a blast of noxious fumes? Where does it end? Will it ever end?

Lex - what are you trying to accomplish with your extensive reviews that must be defended til your death or banishment? Must you always have the last word?

Sir TtT - what are you trying to accomplish by continuously calling Lex out on his reviews? (I think we all get it by now. Sometimes it's not necessary to drive the sword through - a little mercy goes a long way.)

I see this board choking under a cloud of dvd reviews, counterpoints to dvd reviews and incessant defense of dvd reviews.

One last question: Where's our sgt. at arms? I hope ya'll didn't make him lay down his arms and leave.

Dean,

You of ALL people should know (and I am ashamed of you honestly) that two things are going on here: first of all, NO ONE is calling out my reviews; he is trying to branish his power in here by counterpointing EVERY THING I am saying when I am delivering to you guys honest, no BS assesments of these titles. And two, banishment? If thats what it comes down to because someone cannot defend themselves from other people's harassment, thats what it has to be. I thought YOU of all people were getting vital information from these reviews, I really did, and enjoying them.

08-25-2005, 02:30 PM

LOLOLOLOLOL. I keep stickin, but he won't die!! Actually I think I have made my point. YOu advice is well taken. However, a counterpoint and correction is not entirely out of order here. Especially when one perpetrates by waving phoney non existant credentials around in our faces. I am through with this though, it has gotten WAY out of hand.

Lexmark3200
08-25-2005, 02:37 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL. I keep stickin, but he won't die!! Actually I think I have made my point. YOu advice is well taken. However, a counterpoint and correction is not entirely out of order here. Especially when one perpetrates by waving phoney non existant credentials around in our faces. I am through with this though, it has gotten WAY out of hand.

Dean,

I wasnt throwing ANY PHONY credentials around in anyone's face.....what you read are real, no BS assesments of the audio and video portions of these discs.....believe whatever you want Dean, but he is plainly WRONG.

If he wants me to DIE, believe me, the feeling is very mutual.......VERY mutual.......

Woochifer
08-25-2005, 02:42 PM

Actually, the whole thread kinda blew up before I even took a look at what was going on! Terrence, JSE, and several others on this board have seen Lex's periodic flameouts before. If you really want to go old school, look up the old AR forums and see Lex's trolling when he used to post under the screen name "To Live And Die In NY" in the Home Theater forum, and his subsequent denials when he reemerged on the board under his current moniker. One thread after another asking about how to calibrate an Onkyo TX-SR600 without using a SPL meter. His responses were quite comical and all too predictable, just as they have been on this thread.

JSE
08-25-2005, 02:46 PM
Until JSE blows us all away with a blast of noxious fumes?

Hey, Hey, Hey.................................... OooooK, Good point. :p

Man, those tamales are killing me. I really feel sorry for the secretary that sits outside the mens bathroom at my office. She has to be feeling the brunt of those tamales. :rolleyes: Whoopes, my dog just had to leave the room. I'll be back.

JSE

dean_martin
08-25-2005, 02:49 PM

You're right, if Lex makes a definitive statement about a technical aspect of a dvd that is incorrect, then in the interest of potential consumers it should be corrected. But we all know what's gonna happen afterwards.

As far as the credentials go, I have my own beliefs about that, but I would rather not debate them. It's amusing to a point, but I can see where a newbie might be...well, you know what I mean.

dean_martin
08-25-2005, 02:51 PM
Actually, the whole thread kinda blew up before I even took a look at what was going on! Terrence, JSE, and several others on this board have seen Lex's periodic flameouts before. If you really want to go old school, look up the old AR forums and see Lex's trolling when he used to post under the screen name "To Live And Die In NY" in the Home Theater forum, and his subsequent denials when he reemerged on the board under his current moniker. One thread after another asking about how to calibrate an Onkyo TX-SR600 without using a SPL meter. His responses were quite comical and all too predictable, just as they have been on this thread.

Yep, I remember him, but I couldn't remember his old moniker.

Woochifer
08-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Los Lobos - Live at the Filmore. Even if you don't like Los Lobos, you will like this DVD. Awesome sound and they really rock. Yes, they rock!

This article might be of interest. It discusses how the 5.1 mix for that Los Lobos DVD was done. Sounds very interesting, and I don't have any concert DVDs that were done at the Fillmore. I've seen several concerts there, and it's a great venue.

The article also discusses the Boz Scaggs DVD that I mentioned earlier. Interesting point in that article about how sound engineers are shying away from heavily using the center channel in concert DVD soundtracks.

http://mixonline.com/mag/audio_bringing_show_home/

dean_martin
08-25-2005, 03:01 PM
Dean,

I wasnt throwing ANY PHONY credentials around in anyone's face.....what you read are real, no BS assesments of the audio and video portions of these discs.....believe whatever you want Dean, but he is plainly WRONG.

If he wants me to DIE, believe me, the feeling is very mutual.......VERY mutual.......

The point is Lex, I don't care what your credentials are. You don't need to have credentials to post here. If I wanted credentials I would subscribe to a magazine or something. There are a lot of folks here who have opinions and have made observations of fact that are just as reliable as those from folks with "credentials." I read many of your reviews, but I don't take them as the last word on the dvd. That's not a knock against you, that's just being responsible for my own choices. Heck, you've obviously developed a style and format. Your concern should be getting ripped off by someone and not whether you can "prove" that a dts track isn't any better than a dd track when someone takes issue with you. Sometimes "OK, but that's what I heard" is all you need to say.

Oh, and no one should DIE over this. I'll be really pissed if I see something on the evening news and get a call from some homicide detective. The sword thing was an analogy.

08-25-2005, 03:06 PM
. The sword thing was an analogy.

Oh! okay then..nevermind everyone....I don't want Scotty to die, I would be completely bored if he did.

08-25-2005, 03:07 PM
Hey, Hey, Hey.................................... OooooK, Good point. :p

Man, those tamales are killing me. I really feel sorry for the secretary that sits outside the mens bathroom at my office. She has to be feeling the brunt of those tamales. :rolleyes: Whoopes, my dog just had to leave the room. I'll be back.

JSE

Now you know it's bad when the dog takes off..LOLOLOLOL

JSE
08-25-2005, 03:17 PM
This article might be of interest. It discusses how the 5.1 mix for that Los Lobos DVD was done. Sounds very interesting, and I don't have any concert DVDs that were done at the Fillmore. I've seen several concerts there, and it's a great venue.

The article also discusses the Boz Scaggs DVD that I mentioned earlier. Interesting point in that article about how sound engineers are shying away from heavily using the center channel in concert DVD soundtracks.

http://mixonline.com/mag/audio_bringing_show_home/

Hey Whooch, thanks for the link. Interesting read. I really don't mind when the center channel is not used heavily. If your system is set up right, you hardly notice. Besides, I really like how my Boston's handle voices.

I'll have to check the Scaggs DVD out. Definitely check out the Los Lobos DVD. It's really cool and I am not really a fan of theirs but it's just fun to listen to and sounds so good.

JSE

Lexmark3200
08-25-2005, 03:25 PM
"The point is Lex, I don't care what your credentials are."

Thats VERY disheartening coming from you in particular.

"You don't need to have credentials to post here. If I wanted credentials I would subscribe to a magazine or something. There are a lot of folks here who have opinions and have made observations of fact that are just as reliable as those from folks with "credentials." I read many of your reviews, but I don't take them as the last word on the dvd."

I didnt ask you to but your behavior toward me in general would have suggested otherwise, sir, please consider that.....

"That's not a knock against you, that's just being responsible for my own choices. Heck, you've obviously developed a style and format. Your concern should be getting ripped off by someone and not whether you can "prove" that a dts track isn't any better than a dd track when someone takes issue with you. Sometimes "OK, but that's what I heard" is all you need to say."

Maybe you need to direct that last comment toward someone else in particular and you KNOW who I mean.....

Lexmark3200
08-25-2005, 03:27 PM
Oh! okay then..nevermind everyone....I don't want Scotty to die, I would be completely bored if he did.

As you said before you hypocrite, attacking people personally is NOT cool.....but if you were to die, I would be bored as well because your desire to prove everyone wrong really, really, really MAKES my day Terry.

Woochifer
08-25-2005, 03:34 PM
Hey Whooch, thanks for the link. Interesting read. I really don't mind when the center channel is not used heavily. If your system is set up right, you hardly notice. Besides, I really like how my Boston's handle voices.

It seems that sound engineers moving from two-channel to multichannel have been debating among themselves whether or not to use the center channel. Lately, I've seen a consensus building to minimize the usage of the center speaker, at least with live recordings. Pat Metheny's Imaginary Day DVD-A uses the center channel to anchor the lead guitar sound, but at times will switch the center speaker off and deliberately spread the guitar tracks into the other four speakers to create a larger and more spatial sound.

I'll have to check the Scaggs DVD out. Definitely check out the Los Lobos DVD. It's really cool and I am not really a fan of theirs but it's just fun to listen to and sounds so good.

JSE

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll have to look for a copy after work. I saw Los Lobos at a street festival about 20 years ago, and they absolutely floored the crowd, which was one of the most mixed audiences I've ever seen. At that time, they had a following with the underground punk/rockabilly crowd, as well as long time Latino fans who go back to their days playing Mexican folk music.

Lexmark3200
08-25-2005, 03:35 PM

If you had ANY idea what you are talking about and I had a dime for each time you told a false, rumor-backed statement I would be a millionaire five times over by now.

JSE
08-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the recommendation! I'll have to look for a copy after work. I saw Los Lobos at a street festival about 20 years ago, and they absolutely floored the crowd, which was one of the most mixed audiences I've ever seen. At that time, they had a following with the underground punk/rockabilly crowd, as well as long time Latino fans who go back to their days playing Mexican folk music.

That's what is cool about this band. Just about anyone can enjoy their music. I don't have any of their CDs but man I like the DVD. Some bands just sound better live. Some bands don't.

JSE

dean_martin
08-25-2005, 04:06 PM
"The point is Lex, I don't care what your credentials are."

Thats VERY disheartening coming from you in particular.

"You don't need to have credentials to post here. If I wanted credentials I would subscribe to a magazine or something. There are a lot of folks here who have opinions and have made observations of fact that are just as reliable as those from folks with "credentials." I read many of your reviews, but I don't take them as the last word on the dvd."

I didnt ask you to but your behavior toward me in general would have suggested otherwise, sir, please consider that.....

"That's not a knock against you, that's just being responsible for my own choices. Heck, you've obviously developed a style and format. Your concern should be getting ripped off by someone and not whether you can "prove" that a dts track isn't any better than a dd track when someone takes issue with you. Sometimes "OK, but that's what I heard" is all you need to say."

Maybe you need to direct that last comment toward someone else in particular and you KNOW who I mean.....

Lex, my point was you don't have to be "credentialed" for me to appreciate your reviews. Some people may be impressed by all that, but most of the people on this board are independent thinkers rather than followers. I DID NOT MEAN that you shouldn't be proud of your accomplishments, education, affiliations, etc. I DID NOT MEAN that credentials aren't important.

Woochifer
08-25-2005, 04:11 PM
If you had ANY idea what you are talking about and I had a dime for each time you told a false, rumor-backed statement I would be a millionaire five times over by now.

No false or rumor-backed statements from me, just the words that you've posted yourself. You really are your own worst enemy sometimes. Interesting how you revel in the very things that you accuse others of. Here are some of your vintage gems from the old AR forums that I ran across yesterday when I was looking for some of my old setup threads. Quite amusing to see that your tactics haven't changed a bit, though your tales keep getting taller.

http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9F630.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9EFE5.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9EBB6.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9E4BD.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9DA91.php

Hmmm, and Lexmark3200 just happened to show up after To Live And Die In NY got booted from the site, and waddya know, both of you used the same receiver with the same surround settings, talked about the same movies, and asked the same types of repetitive questions. And you talk about how others need meds, when all you're really doing is reading off the bottle in front of you.

http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9C2D6.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9C0DB.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9C0D1.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9C06C.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9C059.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9BFA7.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9BEFE.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9BE11.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9BD5C.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9B755.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9B748.php

JSE
08-25-2005, 05:25 PM
No false or rumor-backed statements from me, just the words that you've posted yourself. You really are your own worst enemy sometimes. Interesting how you revel in the very things that you accuse others of. Here are some of your vintage gems from the old AR forums that I ran across yesterday when I was looking for some of my old setup threads. Quite amusing to see that your tactics haven't changed a bit, though your tales keep getting taller.

http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9F630.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9EFE5.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9EBB6.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9E4BD.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9DA91.php

Hmmm, and Lexmark3200 just happened to show up after To Live And Die In NY got booted from the site, and waddya know, both of you used the same receiver with the same surround settings, talked about the same movies, and asked the same types of repetitive questions. And you talk about how others need meds, when all you're really doing is reading off the bottle in front of you.

http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9C2D6.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9C0DB.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9C0D1.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9C06C.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9C059.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9BFA7.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9BEFE.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9BE11.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9BD5C.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9B755.php
http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9B748.php

Ahhh..........Good times. :D Back when our little TLADINY was just a young little pup. Now he has grown into a discontinued out-dated printer.

JSE

08-25-2005, 06:21 PM
Ahhh..........Good times. :D Back when our little TLADINY was just a young little pup. Now he has grown into a discontinued out-dated printer.

JSE

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.....(as I wipe the tears out of my eyes)....LOLOLOLOLOL....(oooohhh I gotta pee)......LOLOLOL... okay, okay,.....woooooo....(pauses)....WAHAHAHAHA....JSE it is so good to have you back man......WWAAAAAAHAHAHAHA.......,.

Woochifer
08-25-2005, 09:53 PM

JSE

Good one! And when the ink heads finally crack, you think the innards are recyclable?

s dog
08-25-2005, 10:05 PM
I was looking around at wal-mart the other day and seen a live farewell concert that the eagles have put out, it had a 16x9 picture and DTS sound track ,i had it in my hand but put it back because i didnot know if it would be any good and it cost $25.00 buck . The more i think about it now the more i want it, think i will go buy it this weekend and just take a chance,.and one other thing is i seem to have a hard time finding 16x9 live concerts so i hate to let this one get buy me ,hate giving $25.00 bucks for a dvd but thats the way it is, if anyone has seen this concert let me know what you think of it . surely it would be pretty good being the eagles. thanks

Tarheel_
08-26-2005, 03:58 AM
I was looking around at wal-mart the other day and seen a live farewell concert that the eagles have put out, it had a 16x9 picture and DTS sound track ,i had it in my hand but put it back because i didnot know if it would be any good and it cost $25.00 buck . The more i think about it now the more i want it, think i will go buy it this weekend and just take a chance,.and one other thing is i seem to have a hard time finding 16x9 live concerts so i hate to let this one get buy me ,hate giving $25.00 bucks for a dvd but thats the way it is, if anyone has seen this concert let me know what you think of it . surely it would be pretty good being the eagles. thanks

OOHHHHHHHHH, the good ol' days...reading those previous posts are a hoot.

anyway, s.dog....i purchased the farewell tour DVD and enjoy it. They don't play the same songs as the 'Hell Freezes Over' DVD so I picked it up based on the sound quality of the first DVD. The sound here is close to the first, but not quite there. I'd recommend dropping the $25, heck...its a lot less than a tank of gas.

kexodusc
08-26-2005, 05:24 AM
Lex, why would I want to read a review of an album/DVD I've already bought and listened to over and over and over again? I think maybe you're getting carried away a bit here.

Engaging in flame wars here isn't helping your cause any, either.

08-26-2005, 05:56 AM

JSE

I am afraid we did not raise our little printer well. LOLOLOL

JSE
08-26-2005, 06:26 AM
Good one! And when the ink heads finally crack, you think the innards are recyclable?

Definitely recyclable! That printer can be melted down and who knows, he may come back as a cell phone or maybe a blender. He's recycled a couple of times now. It will be interesting to see what that little printer becomes. All right, I'm getting a little teary eyed now. I have to go. :cool:

JSE

JSE
08-26-2005, 06:40 AM
I am afraid we did not raise our little printer well. LOLOLOL

Yeah, I think we need to run the head cleaning utility function on the printer. It seems we are just getting big blobs of unreadable ink. Something is wrong. :confused:

I blame myself reallly. I have not been around enough lately to provide proper maintenance on the printer. It seems to have sustained a power surge and is now just spitting out pages left and right.

JSE

singha
08-26-2005, 09:28 AM
A few weeks ago, my local PBS channel showed a concert (DVD) of Sarah Brightman in Las Vegas. AMAZING! I am getting a copy.

singha

Woochifer
08-26-2005, 10:31 AM
Another note of the Pat Metheny: Speaking of Now Live DVD that I wrote about earlier. This DVD uses the full bitrate version of DTS on its soundtrack (most music and concert DVDs that include DTS soundtracks use a half-bitrate DTS soundtrack because of space limitations). Comparisons with the DD soundtrack in this case, especially with the acoustic instruments and the ambient effect in the surround channels, show a pretty clearcut advantage with the DTS soundtrack (need to adjust the level by about 4 db to match the DD and DTS soundtracks).

In my listenings, the full bitrate version of DTS is the way to go. In addition to a handful of discs that Universal and Warner issued a few years ago, the only other place where I've frequently seen full bitrate DTS soundtracks is with DVD-A discs. Even if you don't have a DVD-A player, a lot of the DVD-A discs include DTS soundtracks, and those are sometimes the full bitrate versions.

Worf101
08-29-2005, 07:10 AM
One last question: Where's our sgt. at arms? I hope ya'll didn't make him lay down his arms and leave..
I was in Vegas bettin' my son's college fund. He started out going to a State College, I had him up to Ivy League, now he's headed for a Community College.... sigh.. Just kidding. I was in Vegas though. See "Zumanity" a Cirque du Soliel show. Amazing feats and lot's of nudity and humor....

Da Worfster :D

Lexmark3200
08-29-2005, 10:42 AM
I was in Vegas bettin' my son's college fund. He started out going to a State College, I had him up to Ivy League, now he's headed for a Community College.... sigh.. Just kidding. I was in Vegas though. See "Zumanity" a Cirque du Soliel show. Amazing feats and lot's of nudity and humor....

Da Worfster :D

Worfster!

Why didnt you tell me you were in Sin City man? These are my new digs! Zumanity was good, right? I saw it. But whats better is "O" at the BELLAGIO hotel and "MYSTERE" at TREASURE ISLAND....have you seen THOSE Cirque du Soleil shows?

Lexmark3200
08-29-2005, 10:42 AM
"Lex, why would I want to read a review of an album/DVD I've already bought and listened to over and over and over again?"

First of all, Kexo, I dont understand the hostility here from you in particular --- I dont care about the other children in here who are bantering and tooting their own horns and making absolutely no crease in my credentials or spirit whatsoever, Im talking about you ---- you mentioned S&M so I threw that review up just because I thought you'd find it interesting. Is that cause for a response like you supplied? If you didnt want to read it, fine, thats all good.....I dont care; I was putting it up there for you to just read and somewhat enjoy or see if you found the same things IF you owned the DVD itself; I didnt know you would be so emotional about it. So dont read it, okay.

"I think maybe you're getting carried away a bit here."

How's that? I believe you are getting carried away yourself a bit by claiming that you wouldnt want to read a review of something you already heard instead of just saying "thank you, I kind of found the same results" or "thanks for thinking of the concert" or some other such response; I didnt expect you to react like this to a review I dug up specifically for you. Boy, lesson learned sir. Dont worry about it.

"Engaging in flame wars here isn't helping your cause any, either."

You're right, Kexo-----I start every one of these attacks when they appears in here-----Im just going to be sarcastic with you and say you're right (which is absolutely ridiculous but I'll do it)......it's funny how others' actions aren't looked upon as "flaming" when these issues come up and now my "cause" is at stake? LOL.....what cause would that be? Are you referring to a child that "virtually" chases someone around the internet and takes time out of his life (and I AM honored, BELIEVE ME) to find my name elsewhere as to my "cause" and the attempt to defend myself against him? I really am honored that all these people keep thinking about me all day, though.....it's great and refreshing. I'll keep writing what I write and do what I do, with no spirit, will or backbone broken.

And I seriously think you should re-evaluate where you are throwing that "flame" word towards and look elsewhere.

godfatherofsoul
08-29-2005, 12:48 PM
Dean,

You're right. You're not throwing any credentials around. Once again, question asked but never answered...

Cheers

Lexmark3200
08-29-2005, 01:02 PM
"You're right."

I know.

"You're not throwing any credentials around."

I'm not.

"Once again, question asked but never answered..."

And again, like dealing with children in a playground....lol....it was made clear to me that he didn't care about my credentials, so what question is not being answered now?

LMFAO.....

08-29-2005, 01:13 PM
I think he was referring to my questions which still remain unanswered, and why you are not being taken seriously here or elsewhere.

Lexmark3200
08-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Oh BELIEVE ME I am being taken serious elsewhere AND here outside of members like yourself and your little co horts there; don't be jealous.....its very unbecoming of you, if that's even possible......

How many others have you chased around the internet? Im VERY honored that you're thinking of me all day Mr. Terrible....what a fitting name, as I always said.....VERY fitting.....but I AM honored that you give me so much time for thought during your day.....your existence is astonishingly confusing to me as for someone you like to chase around cyberspace all day and whom you hate so much is getting so much of your attention and time out of your life.....

I LOVE it!

08-29-2005, 01:36 PM
Oh BELIEVE ME I am being taken serious elsewhere AND here outside of members like yourself and your little co horts there; don't be jealous.....its very unbecoming of you, if that's even possible......

How many others have you chased around the internet? Im VERY honored that you're thinking of me all day Mr. Terrible....what a fitting name, as I always said.....VERY fitting.....but I AM honored that you give me so much time for thought during your day.....your existence is astonishingly confusing to me as for someone you like to chase around cyberspace all day and whom you hate so much is getting so much of your attention and time out of your life.....

I LOVE it!

Lotsa hot air and fluff, but still no answers. You are a legend in your own mind man. Elsewhere(add that to the other vague, non committal answers you have gotten) and here? Homtheater spot didn't want ya, hometheaterdiscussion threw you out, and here you are definately NOT respected. Any other elsewheres have I missed??

godfatherofsoul
08-29-2005, 01:36 PM
"You're right."

I know.

"You're not throwing any credentials around."

I'm not.

"Once again, question asked but never answered..."

And again, like dealing with children in a playground....lol....it was made clear to me that he didn't care about my credentials, so what question is not being answered now?

LMFAO.....

If you look back, you will see I was referring to an earlier post in this same thread. Once again, someone has asked you to name the magazines you work for but you dance around the issue. Talking to you is like clapping withone hand...

Cheers

Lexmark3200
08-29-2005, 01:37 PM
"someone has asked you to name the magazines you work for but you dance around the issue."

I've said it fifty times in previous threads who I CONTRIBUTE reviews for and so let's see if you can do some research but the most disturbing part of the whole thing is why that is going to make a difference in context of what we're talking about.....hmmmmm......that is interesting.........

"Talking to you is like clapping withone hand..."

Whatever that means; add a space between your words where it's appropriate, please. Thank you.

Lexmark3200
08-29-2005, 01:45 PM
Lotsa hot air and fluff, but still no answers. You are a legend in your own mind man. Elsewhere(add that to the other vague, non committal answers you have gotten) and here? Homtheater spot didn't want ya, hometheaterdiscussion threw you out, and here you are definately NOT respected. Any other elsewheres have I missed??

You're so far off the mark here it's really funny.....Home Theater Spot didn't not want me, they simply said they dont PAY DVD reviewers.....so blow that up out of proportion like you usually do; we all know WHY Home Theater Discussion threw me out (like I care anyway; I write for multiple sites and publications) because you, again, love to chase people around the internet with your spare time.....but I LOVE IT.....Im so HONORED that you're even taking the time to write to me! With every response you give, it makes you more of a fool because you're simply proving my point of the kind of person you are.....

Nice spelling job there on definitely.....and like I care if you don't respect me? I really don't, so do not honor yourself that much.......you can keep honoring ME by replying to me, that's okay------but chasing someone around cyberspace? Boy......that's a hoot and a half.

Love ya, man!

Lexmark3200
08-29-2005, 01:45 PM
Well, just tell us who takes you seriously. We're just wanting to know who does so maybe we can understand where some of your attitudes and opinions - whether we agree with them or not - come from. The only reason I continue to reply to you is because you just won't tell us who you work for. It is as simple as that.

Cheers

It's not as "simple as that".......and I don't need to TELL you who takes me seriously......with EVERY reply you make I crack up laughing because of your consistent wondering all the time.....its just so funny......I have mentioned many times who I contribute DVD reviews for, so do a little research, God Father.....LOL.....

What attitudes and opinions? Rearding what? My analysis of a DTS track???? What are you talking about, do you even know at this point?

godfatherofsoul
08-29-2005, 01:47 PM

I LOVE it!

Well, just tell us who takes you seriously. We're just wanting to know who does so maybe we can understand where some of your attitudes and opinions - whether we agree with them or not - come from. The only reason I continue to reply to you is because you just won't tell us who you work for. It is as simple as that.

Cheers

godfatherofsoul
08-29-2005, 01:50 PM
"someone has asked you to name the magazines you work for but you dance around the issue."

I've said it fifty times in previous threads who I CONTRIBUTE reviews for and so let's see if you can do some research but the most disturbing part of the whole thing is why that is going to make a difference in context of what we're talking about.....hmmmmm......that is interesting.........

Whatever that means; add a space between your words where it's appropriate, please. Thank you.

Don't start picking apart typing because we have long body of your work to choose from...
And if you've said it fifty times before, where's the pain stating it one more time?

Cheers

JSE
08-29-2005, 01:53 PM

Why can't you answer our questions? Oh that's right, because you are a LIAR! You live in your own delusional world where you created fake identities and worlds for yourself to make yourself feel better about your sad failed life so far.

Everyone has your number excpet you. You are delusional and actually sad. If you think you have 1 ounce of cred in this forum, you are wrong. If you think anyone believes your lies, your wrong. If you think anyone thinks you write for magazines, your wrong.

Your so easy to pick apart and discredit it's "almost" not fun anymore. So, carry on with your delusional ways and keep those lies coming. It is entertainment.

JSE

Lexmark3200
08-29-2005, 01:54 PM
Don't start picking apart typing because we have long body of your work to choose from...
And if you've said it fifty times before, where's the pain stating it one more time?

Cheers

Go ahead and pick a body of MY work apart and let's see how many words you find PUT TOGETHER the way YOU just did in MY posts.....are you FOR REAL? Try and find one......

Lexmark3200
08-29-2005, 02:02 PM
With each reply and with each thought of me from Mr. JSE, Mr. Terrible and this Godfather of Soul, whoever he is, I laugh and smile.....it IS nice to be thought of all day long....honestly......and to be chased about cyberspace? Well, that's something the one in diapers can only answer. Children.......pure children.....

And JSE you are right-------this IS PURE entertainment, buddy! If only you knew how FAR OFF your "liar" assesments were.....if only you knew.....

I love ya too, buddy! With each thought and response it makes you look more and more like a fool.......

08-29-2005, 02:06 PM
Go ahead and pick a body of MY work apart and let's see how many words you find PUT TOGETHER the way YOU just did in MY posts.....are you FOR REAL? Try and find one......

Why would anyone do that, the last review that you did, I fell asleep reading it. Too long, gave away too much, wow, after reading the review I didn't want to see the movie. Not a sign of a "professional reviewer" as you so often state. Sorry but there is no Scott Aruti working for Hometheater magazine. I checked out the last several months of issues. Do you wanna try another magazine?

So you know how to spell check. Why is telling the truth so hard for you?

Lexmark3200
08-29-2005, 02:08 PM
Why would anyone do that, the last review that you did, I fell asleep reading it. Too long, gave away too much, wow, after reading the review I didn't want to see the movie. Not a sign of a "professional reviewer" as you so often state. Sorry but there is no Scott Aruti working for Hometheater magazine. I checked out the last several months of issues. Do you wanna try another magazine?

Hahahhahahaaha......do you REALLY think I would give a real moniker? Get off it, please......I would NEVER.

Who cares about your opinion about the review anyway? And how can you fall asleep IF YOU STAYED UP TO READ IT ALL, can you answer that?

I DO contribute for Home Theater Magazine, whether you believe me or not......you are GREATLY mistaken if you think that's a real name I go under.......

Lexmark3200
08-29-2005, 02:08 PM
Yes.....it's funny how he's taking my language and MAKING ONE BELIEVE that it was indeed the way it was typed when he is selecting which words to purposely misspell for effect; so clear-as-day it's not even funny.....

And for one who banters and accuses another of so much.....I've never seen any of Mr. K's reviews on here.....can he do better? Doubtful and unlikely.

Kam
08-29-2005, 02:12 PM

hey sir t3,
not just the length of 'em, but i still get a kick out of "admittingly" used in several of his posts. and he defended it last time i brought it up too (earlier in this thread, saying that when he used in the context he used it in, it was appropriate, missing the point that it isn't a word, at least not recognized by any dictionary i know of.). and "kidnaped," "DISSAPOINTING," "indistingushable," and the limitless uses of colons and semi-colons; it's; awesome: gotta; love; it: - good fun. :)
peace:
k2

08-29-2005, 02:21 PM
Hahahhahahaaha......do you REALLY think I would give a real moniker? Get off it, please......I would NEVER.

No, because I believe your a fake regardless of the moniker.

Who cares about your opinion about the review anyway? And how can you fall asleep IF YOU STAYED UP TO READ IT ALL, can you answer that?

YOu ever heard of coffee, and lots of it?

I DO contribute for Home Theater Magazine, whether you believe me or not......you are GREATLY mistaken if you think that's a real name I go under.......

So what lie are you telling now Scotty? Are you now saying you go under another name? Easy answer, so it makes you able to lie more and more. Unbelieveable(did I spell that right?)

godfatherofsoul
08-29-2005, 02:27 PM

"Superbit sale discussion madness,"
The comma goes outside the quote...

"What you're sacrificing on that Deluxe Edition is the Superbit's DTS mix, which is, as I will report, STELLAR compared to the bare bones edition's Dolby Digital 5.1 mix --- but, considering the extras you are getting on that Deluxe Edition, and if you are a history buff and are really interested in the facts behind this story, that Dolby Digital track will pack the necessary punch for you; in MY case, it was simply the AUDIO experience I was after, as this disc --- the SUPERBIT version that is --- continues to appear in Home Theater magazine's top discs for audio lists issue after issue of which I contribute my vote for it each time as part of their editorial staff."
Ever hear of a run-on sentence?

"BUT, that is NOT to take away from"
You don't start sentences with prepositions...

"and that's the appeal of the film; almost from start to finish this film"
Why is that semi-colon there? Shouldn't this just be two sentences?

Do you want me to continue? I just found those in your "review" of Blackhawk Down...

Cheers

Lexmark3200
08-29-2005, 02:30 PM
No, because I believe your a fake regardless of the moniker.

YOu ever heard of coffee, and lots of it?

So what lie are you telling now Scotty? Are you now saying you go under another name? Easy answer, so it makes you able to lie more and more. Unbelieveable(did I spell that right?)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHA!!!!! You REALLY REALLY think that was my name......THAT'S ****ing HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!

And you used LOTS of coffee to stay awake to read my review? WOW.....Im honored.....really honored......even though what you said contradicted itself.......LMFAO.......

08-29-2005, 02:33 PM
hey sir t3,
not just the length of 'em, but i still get a kick out of "admittingly" used in several of his posts. and he defended it last time i brought it up too (earlier in this thread, saying that when he used in the context he used it in, it was appropriate, missing the point that it isn't a word, at least not recognized by any dictionary i know of.). and "kidnaped," "DISSAPOINTING," "indistingushable," and the limitless uses of colons and semi-colons; it's; awesome: gotta; love; it: - good fun. :)
peace:
k2

Kam,
I don't care about anyone's spelling. I type about 80-90wpm, and I may hit a wrong key here and there. These mistakes happen, and I don't spell check anything I write here. I also make no claim to be a professional reviewer, and the one who does should have no excuses for poor punctuation and spelling. The length of the reviewers, the lack of any technical information(bitrates) and the fact the titles he reviews are as old as George Washington makes me believe we have a perp on our hands. Professional reviewers get their review material long before it hits the shelves, not after I have worn out two copies of it.

Lexmark3200
08-29-2005, 02:34 PM
"I don't care about anyone's spelling."

Nor do you KNOW HOW to spell or where the word belongs: hence, "the length of his reviewers....." LOL......I blame the schools as it was once said in here......

Believe all you like about having a "perp"......and there's nothing wrong with re-visiting old titles; in fact, I was told by a member here that the old titles are more enjoyable to read a review of.

Lexmark3200
08-29-2005, 02:34 PM
"Superbit sale discussion madness,"
The comma goes outside the quote...

"What you're sacrificing on that Deluxe Edition is the Superbit's DTS mix, which is, as I will report, STELLAR compared to the bare bones edition's Dolby Digital 5.1 mix --- but, considering the extras you are getting on that Deluxe Edition, and if you are a history buff and are really interested in the facts behind this story, that Dolby Digital track will pack the necessary punch for you; in MY case, it was simply the AUDIO experience I was after, as this disc --- the SUPERBIT version that is --- continues to appear in Home Theater magazine's top discs for audio lists issue after issue of which I contribute my vote for it each time as part of their editorial staff."
Ever hear of a run-on sentence?

"BUT, that is NOT to take away from"
You don't start sentences with prepositions...

"and that's the appeal of the film; almost from start to finish this film"
Why is that semi-colon there? Shouldn't this just be two sentences?

Do you want me to continue? I just found those in your "review" of Blackhawk Down...

Cheers

You are wrong about a comma coming outside of the quote.....COMPLETELY wrong.....and I asked you to find me a sentence which included two words BUMPED UP NEXT TO EACH OTHER like you wrote to me.....guess you couldn't find one.....let's see you outwrite me now.....write a review and let us all see......write just one.....

Godfather of Soul....LOL.......

08-29-2005, 02:37 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHA!!!!! You REALLY REALLY think that was my name......THAT'S ****ing HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!

Well DJ, I really believe you have alot of names. We have seen at least 5 of them right on this site. So, to answer your question, I don't believe ANYTHING you say.

And you used LOTS of coffee to stay awake to read my review? WOW.....Im honored.....really honored......even though what you said contradicted itself.......LMFAO.......

Well, I think that calling yourself a professional reviewer is a contradiction. So we are even right? By the way, that would be LMSAO for you.

Lexmark3200
08-29-2005, 02:39 PM
Well DJ, I really believe you have alot of names. We have seen at least 5 of them right on this sight. So, to answer your question, I don't believe ANYTHING you say.

Well, I think that calling yourself a professional reviewer is a contradiction. So we are even right?

Sad, sad, sad......you believed it.......you honestly believed it.....

Keep using those monikers as a weapon because it's not really doing anything worthwhile......except making me laugh and laugh HARD.......

Lexmark3200
08-29-2005, 02:43 PM
I bet you are not laughing as hard as I am when I read your reviews.

Yup.....laughing pretty damn hard at you Mr. T.......it would tough to top, believe me......

08-29-2005, 02:44 PM
"vagarities"

LOL.......

Doesn't matter. Answer the questions, or admit you are a liar.

08-29-2005, 02:45 PM
"I don't care about anyone's spelling."

Nor do you KNOW HOW to spell or where the word belongs: hence, "the length of his reviewers....." LOL......I blame the schools as it was once said in here......

Believe all you like about having a "perp"......and there's nothing wrong with re-visiting old titles; in fact, I was told by a member here that the old titles are more enjoyable to read a review of.

Geeze, you list of vagarities is growing by the post. Are you going to answer the questions that have be presented to you, or are you going to spin this into a spelling bee? I can only gather that you are not telling the truth, or answering the questions wouldn't be so tough for you.

08-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Sad, sad, sad......you believed it.......you honestly believed it.....

Keep using those monikers as a weapon because it's not really doing anything worthwhile......except making me laugh and laugh HARD.......

I bet you are not laughing as hard as I am when I read your reviews.

Lexmark3200
Lmfao.......

I do, and they're GREAT! Im laughing AT you and your remarks and the fact that you take all this time to chase little ole me around without proving anything........

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

No need to chase of to prove anything. Your actions have already proved that you are delusional, and have a hard time telling the truth or taking constructive critisizm.

Are you going to answer the questions or continue spinning?

Lexmark3200
"vagarities"

LOL.......

Lexmark3200
08-29-2005, 02:50 PM
Boy, you GOTTA BE outta breath from all that chasing.........

LMFAO........

08-29-2005, 02:52 PM
Yup.....laughing pretty damn hard at you Mr. T.......it would tough to top, believe me......

No it's actually easy. Read your own reviews, then laugh with me.

Lexmark3200
08-29-2005, 02:53 PM
No it's actually easy. Read your own reviews, then laugh with me.

I do, and they're GREAT! Im laughing AT you and your remarks and the fact that you take all this time to chase little ole me around without proving anything........

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Lexmark3200
08-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Take long, deep nice breaths now.......

Or, do us all a favor.....and don't!

08-29-2005, 02:59 PM
Lmfao.......

Incorrect, LMSAO or LMTAO.

08-29-2005, 03:00 PM
Answer the questions LIAR!

From day one on this site you have lied to everyone. You have never been anything more than a LIAR and a failure. Your pathetic attempt at being a DVD reviewer, your insistence on who you are and are not, your delusional rants and your sad sad life are just examples of how big of a loser you really are. You failed at living in NY, you failed at keeping a girlfriend, you failed at trying to hide behind different monikers, you failed to convince anyone on this site that you are anything more than an outright liar 100% of the time, and you have failed as a human being. YOU ARE A LOSER! Being a "beat on" member of these forums is the best your going to do at life, so get used to it. Friendless, sad and pathetic. Enjoy! Go cry to mommy and daddy. We all know who you are.

However, you can prove us wrong by giving us some names of magazines you work for. That would prove your only 99% a loser.

JSE

JSE
Let's just move on. It is fairly obvious what we have here. Let's not spend any more time answering this child until he can prove he is what he says he is. I say we just ignore him(but do challenge his reviews if they are not factual), and let's keep our film section clear of this silly crap. I think your post just about summed this up.

JSE
08-29-2005, 03:03 PM

From day one on this site you have lied to everyone. You have never been anything more than a LIAR and a failure. Your pathetic attempt at being a DVD reviewer, your insistence on who you are and are not, your delusional rants and your sad sad life are just examples of how big of a loser you really are. You failed at living in NY, you failed at keeping a girlfriend, you failed at trying to hide behind different monikers, you failed to convince anyone on this site that you are anything more than an outright liar 100% of the time, and you have failed as a human being. YOU ARE A LOSER! Being a "beat on" member of these forums is the best your going to do at life, so get used to it. Friendless, sad and pathetic. Enjoy! Go cry to mommy and daddy. We all know who you are.

However, you can prove us wrong by giving us some names of magazines you work for. That would prove your only 99% a loser.

JSE

JSE
08-29-2005, 03:03 PM
LOL......this is the BEST one I have read yet......coming from the site's BIGGEST loser.......himself......

Dude, I can pick at least three of you that would be better off comitting suicide than continuing membership on these sites and the ironic thing is that you're calling me the loser......L-M-F-A-O!!!!!!!!

Pathetic. :(

Lexmark3200
08-29-2005, 03:05 PM

JSE

LOL......this is the BEST one I have read yet......coming from the site's BIGGEST loser.......himself......

Dude, I can pick at least three of you that would be better off comitting suicide than continuing membership on these sites and the ironic thing is that you're calling me the loser......L-M-F-A-O!!!!!!!!

08-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Good call T. Enough is enough. I am going to dinner with my wife when she gets home in a few minutes.

I am going for some more Tamales! LOOK OUT PEOPLE! I'll be back with gas! :rolleyes:

JSE

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa......... .....

JSE
08-29-2005, 03:07 PM
JSE
Let's just move on. It is fairly obvious what we have here. Let's not spend any more time answering this child until he can prove he is what he says he is. I say we just ignore him(but do challenge his reviews if they are not factual), and let's keep our film section clear of this silly crap. I think your post just about summed this up.

Good call T. Enough is enough. I am going to dinner with my wife when she gets home in a few minutes.

I am going for some more Tamales! LOOK OUT PEOPLE! I'll be back with gas! :rolleyes:

JSE

Lexmark3200
08-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Pathetic. :(

Yes.....indeed you are.....enjoy dinner with your "wife".....LOL.......

Yeah, right......

*wink*

Lexmark3200
08-29-2005, 03:16 PM
Oh come on Terrible......don't start stealing my words....."child".....lol.....come up with something original already, will ya!

*wink*

Inkjet3200
08-30-2005, 05:53 AM
Lex-

YOU, sir, are THE greatest! I ACTUALLY read every HT mag on the planet hoping to read one of your STELLAR reviews in print. I THINK I had the honor of reading one once. I wish I knew for sure. You are my MOSES, delivering DVD TRUTH straight from the burning bush. I wish I could be you. I CAN'T say it enough... THANK YOU, GOD, for giving us LEXMARK3200. Please guide his BLESSED hand so that HE may write longer and longer and longer reviews with more WORDS.

YAY! YAY! YAY!

musicman1999
08-30-2005, 02:14 PM
well,look what i started
to those who answered my original post.i thank you.lots of good music to try and i plan to try as many as i can.
thanks
bill

Woochifer
08-31-2005, 09:09 PM
JSE -

I found the Los Lobos Live At The Fillmore DVD a couple of days ago and I must say that's quite a find, so many thanks for the recommendation! The performance was great and their reperatory is as impressively diverse as ever.

You were also right about the quality of the PCM track. Very well recorded with a strong center image on the mix. But, one very interesting note on the 5.1 DD soundtrack -- that particular mix virtually puts you on the floor of the Fillmore Auditorium. The way that the 5.1 DD mix was done sounds very reminiscent of how the house PA system at the Fillmore sounds. The LFE track in particular is almost identical to how the bass at the Fillmore sounds. And the imaging perspective seemed like how it would sound from the middle of the floor.

Again, thanks for the tip, I'm enjoying this! :D

JSE
09-01-2005, 12:41 PM
JSE -

I found the Los Lobos Live At The Fillmore DVD a couple of days ago and I must say that's quite a find, so many thanks for the recommendation! The performance was great and their reperatory is as impressively diverse as ever.

You were also right about the quality of the PCM track. Very well recorded with a strong center image on the mix. But, one very interesting note on the 5.1 DD soundtrack -- that particular mix virtually puts you on the floor of the Fillmore Auditorium. The way that the 5.1 DD mix was done sounds very reminiscent of how the house PA system at the Fillmore sounds. The LFE track in particular is almost identical to how the bass at the Fillmore sounds. And the imaging perspective seemed like how it would sound from the middle of the floor.

Again, thanks for the tip, I'm enjoying this! :D

Glad you liked it. They are one of those groups that just sound better live.

JSE

Worf101
09-02-2005, 06:44 AM
Worfster!

Why didnt you tell me you were in Sin City man? These are my new digs! Zumanity was good, right? I saw it. But whats better is "O" at the BELLAGIO hotel and "MYSTERE" at TREASURE ISLAND....have you seen THOSE Cirque du Soleil shows?

I'd have loved to have met you as you seem like a nice guy IN SPITE of your love of feuding with folks here LOL. Zumanity was/is amazing. I've seen Cirque Plenty in Montreal and New York City. Nothing prepared me for this. I'll be back in town again next year with my son... don't ask... and perhaps we can kick it then. I'd love to hear/see someone else's HT system for a change...

Da Worfster

Lexmark3200
09-02-2005, 09:50 AM
I'd have loved to have met you as you seem like a nice guy IN SPITE of your love of feuding with folks here LOL. Zumanity was/is amazing. I've seen Cirque Plenty in Montreal and New York City. Nothing prepared me for this. I'll be back in town again next year with my son... don't ask... and perhaps we can kick it then. I'd love to hear/see someone else's HT system for a change...

Da Worfster

Hey Worf!

BELIEVE ME, I am a nice guy-----believe me on that. I would love to hang and kick it if you come back into town-----you gotta see "O" and "MYSTERE" the Cirque shows at TREASURE ISLAND and BELLAGIO.

eisforelectronic
09-02-2005, 09:52 PM
"O" is my favorite cirque show, I really like the soundtrack.

Lexmark3200
09-05-2005, 09:23 AM
"O" is my favorite cirque show, I really like the soundtrack.

Yeah no doubt "O" was awesome at the Bellagio-----but I enjoyed MYSTERE better and actually own the CD soundtrack of that show instead----I guess it's just our taste differences. BOTH have awesome soundtracks though.