High end fraud? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : High end fraud?

piece-it pete
01-06-2004, 11:52 AM
Picked this up over at AA:

http://www.hififraud.com/

What a shame. And on well-thought-of brands too.

Pete

_Luke1_
01-06-2004, 02:02 PM
Not surprising though. What would be surprising is if there weren't alot of others doing the same thing. The company will attempt to justify it in some way, but it really is a shame that no matter how above reproach a company seems, you can't trust anyone.

JSE
01-06-2004, 02:10 PM
Who ever created that web page needs to be sued for bad grammar and spelling. Jeez! Why does this look fishy? I notice that you have to fill out of claim form. I wonder if once you submit it, they will then later ask for more personal information like bank account numbers so they can pay you part of the settlement? Maybe I am just paranoid today? Just looks fishy.

This whole area looks fishy.

Claim Form

By checking this box, I am informing the Administrator that I am filing this claim on behalf of a deceased individual. I understand I may be required to provide proof of my authority to file this claim at a later date.

Contact Information

Name
Title
Company
Address
Telephone
FAX

By checking this box, I authorize the Administrator to contact me at the above email and physical address with any communications related to my claim or the Settlement.

What does a person need to provide to prove he has a claim? And, they mention settlement already? And, why would I want to file a claim on behalf of a decease individual?

JSE

RGA
01-06-2004, 03:29 PM
Good way for thieves to find owners of this gear and then to rob them blind.

This kind of thing could happen...but this looks fake ot me.

poneal
01-06-2004, 05:53 PM
Ya, I'm a little suspicious too. But then again, I get suspicious a lot. I once e-mailed my speaker manufacturer to tell him I was happy with the product. I got a reply saying thanks and to give them my address so that they could send me something to thank me for my purchase. I thought I was being scamed, but then I told myself, **** your just being paranoid so I sent it to them. Well guess what? I never received any information. Fortunately, I still have my speakers. I still worry about that ****. So the lesson learned is to never give your address or any personal information to someone or web page that you don't know. Hopefully I will have my speakers for years to come and not come home one day and find them missing.