Harman Kardon AVR 7300 Problem [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Harman Kardon AVR 7300 Problem

z3492
08-21-2005, 07:26 AM
Just hooked up the 7300 I purchased for the first time. Can't get the unit to stay powered up... stays on 2 or 3 seconds when first powered, then not even a second on any subsequent attempt. Have disconnected the power cord several times for up to 20 minutes and tried again with the same results... Can anyone help? :(

Disconnected all speaker wires, still getting same results.... I realize the unit is going into the "Protect Mode"... Is there any other way to reset the unit, other than by disconnecting the power?

Tarheel_
08-22-2005, 07:48 AM
Just hooked up the 7300 I purchased for the first time. Can't get the unit to stay powered up... stays on 2 or 3 seconds when first powered, then not even a second on any subsequent attempt. Have disconnected the power cord several times for up to 20 minutes and tried again with the same results... Can anyone help? :(

Disconnected all speaker wires, still getting same results.... I realize the unit is going into the "Protect Mode"... Is there any other way to reset the unit, other than by disconnecting the power?

not sure why you haven't done this yet, but contact the seller or HK directly. They respond via email within 24 hours and are very helpful. Hope you have a warranty with it.

N. Abstentia
08-22-2005, 11:19 AM
Yep, definitely contact the dealer where you bought it. If it goes into protect without any speakers hooked up I'd say she's fried.