DVD recorder which one? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : DVD recorder which one?

atomic222
08-20-2005, 12:47 PM
I have not been onhere for along time. So i am interested in getting a dvd recorder to transfer old vcr tapes i made onto disc. I would also tape college football games and some cartoons. I am willing to spend up to $250 for a decent recorder but see prices are falling. I have limited my choice to panasonic, sony, pioneer? Also unsure about phillips. I would also be looking at my current small collection of dvd movies that i bought.

I have seen the price of the sony dvd rxg300 come done in price is this a good one worth getting for $250? Or should i just go out and get one of the cheap panasonic es10, pioneer 223 or 225? I am not into video editing, and might be getting a digital camera too (probably a less expensive one). So i do not know but might want to transfer digital camera pictures onto a discuss? I looked at one model and sales guy told me about that option. But the camera is in the future if i get one. Any help appreciated. Also do i need to worry about progressive scan on the recorder.

N. Abstentia
08-20-2005, 01:48 PM
I have the Samsung R120 which is $179 and I love it. If you're not into editing there's no real reason to spend $250. Start with the $99 units and work your way up until you see the one you like the most.

PAT.P
08-20-2005, 01:56 PM
I have the Pioneer DVR -220 bought for same reason, transfer vcr tape to dvd.I also use it for transfer my Sony Hi 8 digital 8 movies to DVD.The only thing I would like to have on mine is the USB for transfer,mine as the S cable and the RCA cable.Look for one that as DVD-RW and DVD+RW(mine does only -)Try to find one that plays the most format for the price. I dont regret buying one, cant replace does old movies when my dad was alive and my kids where babies (26 years ago).Cant even put money figure on these memories,my grandkids are able to see me as a kid and their parents .Pat.P

StanleyMuso
08-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Since my DVD player has packed up, and I'm on the hunt for a replacement, perhaps this would be a good opportunity to upgrade to a recorder? My options are still wide open.

Does any one know if the playback of sound and picture of ordinary store bought DVDs is as good on recorders as on dedicated DVD players?

Thanks