Sister Hazel [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sister Hazel

ForeverAutumn
08-19-2005, 07:59 AM
Does anyone else here like this band? Of their five studio CDs only two were released in Canada. During a day trip across the border earlier this week, I managed to pick up the other three relatively cheap.

I've listened to two of the three disks and have not been disappointed. This is great accoustic guitar based rock. Fun, poppy, sometimes a little bluesy. I really enjoy listening to this band. Although, I can see how many folks around here might find them a little cheesy.

I saw them live once. Their only venture into Canada, I think. Shortly after the release of their second album. They played a club that held a couple of thousand but only a couple of hundred showed up. They put on a great show and had the crowd on their feet the whole time. It was a fun night and I've been disappointed that they never managed to do well here. Their 3rd disk got a little radio play here but really never took off. I guess that's why disks 4 and 5 weren't released here.

I have no idea how popular they are in the US.

tugmcmartin
08-23-2005, 04:31 PM
Aren't they the same thing as Matchbox 20 nowadays? I seem to remember seeing or hearing a version of "3AM" under the name Sister Hazel several years ago (maybe ten or so ago) and it sounded like the same one that Rob Thomas did with Matchbox 20. Could be i'm mistaken though.

D'oh! Matchbox 20 used to go by Tabitha's Secret, not Sister Hazel.