A-shopping I have gone, a-shopping I have gone [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A-shopping I have gone, a-shopping I have gone

ForeverAutumn
08-18-2005, 12:25 PM
Hi ho the marrio a-shopping I have gone.

I met a friend for lunch downtown and I can't go downtown without going into the CD shops 'cause that's where all the big ones are. It's a very dangerous place to be as I'm sure you all can appreciate.

Anyway, I did manage to control myself and only walked out with 5 disks. I coulda bought so much more but cash flow was an issue. I also had a list with some Amazon.ca prices on it and some of the in-store prices were a lot higher so I didn't get everything on the list.

Anyway the new additions to the family are:

The Trews - Den of Thieves. This one just came out on Tuesday. I listened to it in the car on the drive home. My first impression is that it's good. It has the same feel as their first CD but is different enough that it sounds fresh. It's a good second disk and I think that this band is going to do well. Whoever books their gigs is doing a great job for them too. They just opened for The Rolling Stones (at a small club gig!) last week and they are opening for Robert Plant during the Canadian leg of his current tour.

Death Cab for Cutie - Something about Airplanes and You Can Play These Songs With Chords. After loving Transatlanticism so much, I needed more. Besides they were 2 for $30 or $20 each. The law of shopping states that I had to get two. ;)

Muse - Absolution - I picked this up based on recs by a few people around here. I checked it out on a listening station first and it sounded very interesting. I'm looking forward to giving it a full spin.

The Bravery - S/T - This was the risky purchase. I did give it a short spin on a listening station but the headphones were very heavy on the base. I'm hoping that when I spin the disk on my own rig, it's a little more balanced.....fingers crossed.

It looks like my ears are going to be very busy over the next week. :D

BarryL
08-18-2005, 01:04 PM
Hi ho the marrio a-shopping I have gone.

I did manage to control myself and only walked out with 5 disks. :D

I was hoping you'd pick up the new Opeth so I could have a listen.

Sounds too risky for me.

Also read a crappy review of the latest Frameshift CD, so I'm passing on that.

But the new Frogg Cafe got a raving review. Next mail order, they're in.

Troy
08-18-2005, 02:00 PM
I got yer Frogg Cafe right here:

http://www.progressiveears.com/forums/thread.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=45705

Pack a lunch . . .

ForeverAutumn
08-18-2005, 03:24 PM
I was hoping you'd pick up the new Opeth so I could have a listen.

Sounds too risky for me.

Also read a crappy review of the latest Frameshift CD, so I'm passing on that.

But the new Frogg Cafe got a raving review. Next mail order, they're in.

Nope on the Opeth. I did go into the metal section to take a peek at James LaBrie's new solo disk (cheaper on Amazon). I didn't even think to give the Opeth a test drive.

But I can set you up with the Frameshift so you can form your own opinion. I just have to figure out which stack it's in. :confused:

Dusty Chalk
08-18-2005, 09:38 PM
Nopeth? :-D

BarryL
08-19-2005, 05:28 AM
I did go into the metal section to take a peek at James LaBrie's new solo disk (cheaper on Amazon).

Don't bother with LaBrie's latest. I was early on this one, and you can do without it. The second Mullmuzzler CD is better. I'll let you test drive it. It is heavy, but not that interesting.