Tori Amos [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Tori Amos

Duds
08-18-2005, 06:17 AM
A public tv station in my area showed a concert last night, she's amazing in my opinion. I wasn't a fan until I went to see her in concert a few years ago and I was blown away. Probably going to go see her this coming Tuesday, was debating on going but after watching last night it would a mistake not to go.

Snowbunny
08-18-2005, 07:16 AM
I love Tori Amos. I'm just getting back into her after a few years of musical distraction. :)

I'd love to see her in concert! I've seen her PBS special before and I was fascinated by the way she seems to go into a trance while playing piano. I find her music does the same for me when I listen to it. I love to listen to her when I'm paddling in my kayak on a lonely lake. Its almost a spritual experience.

Do you have Beekeeper? Is this tour to support it? Go see her for goodness sake!

Snowie

kexodusc
08-18-2005, 07:20 AM
I've seen her 4 times now. She's a different sort of bird, that's for sure, but she puts on a great show. Met her once way back when ,very nice lady, even if she wasn't the most comfortable with fans and fame at the time.
She's really transitioned from a solo artist to more of an integrated "band" kind of sound over the past few years. We're going to see her in Montreal next week...should be fun.

Duds
08-18-2005, 07:25 AM
She is awesome in concert!!!! Yes I have Beekeeper, an excellent excellent cd. This tour is supporting the album.

Like I said in my first post, i was in awe when i saw her live the first time. She's very into the music!!!

I love Tori Amos. I'm just getting back into her after a few years of musical distraction. :)

I'd love to see her in concert! I've seen her PBS special before and I was fascinated by the way she seems to go into a trance while playing piano. I find her music does the same for me when I listen to it. I love to listen to her when I'm paddling in my kayak on a lonely lake. Its almost a spritual experience.

Do you have Beekeeper? Is this tour to support it? Go see her for goodness sake!

Snowie

Dusty Chalk
08-18-2005, 09:36 PM
She's one of my Top 10 favourite live acts, ever. I think I've seen her the most times of anyone (well over a dozen). She plays here a lot, because her parents live in the area. I actually sat directly behind her da once. That was creepy. Fans would go up to him, something something something "...that letter I wrote you". WTF? Why would you write to someone's da? I mean, I understand writing a fan letter. But that...that's just creepy.

Beekeeper is really good. But it's not "bookkeeper".