problem with front right channel on HK receiver. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : problem with front right channel on HK receiver.

keviinmc
08-17-2005, 07:54 PM
ok, heres my problem...... on my Harman kardon receiver, avr320, the front right channel is not working properly. you can barely hear anything coming from the speaker. i have checked all the connections and everything is secure, so im guessing it is something internal. any ideas what is wrong, and if it is something i can repair on my own??. a local HK dealer has quoted me $200+ to fix the channel and if its an easy fix id rather do it myself. any help would be appreciated. also, if i have to replace the front right channel amp, where can i get the parts for a good price?? any help would be appreciated. thanks

N. Abstentia
08-17-2005, 09:16 PM
If you don't even know where to get the parts you probably shouldn't be working on the amp yourself.

PAT.P
08-17-2005, 09:16 PM
Are you sure the speaker wire are not bend and all the way in? Did you try your left speaker to see if it works on the right channel?Do you have speaker A/B on this receiver ?If you do you might try the right channel and see if it works .If it does'nt might just be a fuse .Pat.P

Tarheel_
08-18-2005, 03:46 AM
ok, heres my problem...... on my Harman kardon receiver, avr320, the front right channel is not working properly. you can barely hear anything coming from the speaker. i have checked all the connections and everything is secure, so im guessing it is something internal. any ideas what is wrong, and if it is something i can repair on my own??. a local HK dealer has quoted me $200+ to fix the channel and if its an easy fix id rather do it myself. any help would be appreciated. also, if i have to replace the front right channel amp, where can i get the parts for a good price?? any help would be appreciated. thanks

few things to check (some you may have done)

- check polarity - check and recheck your +/- connections
- don't judge volume using sat/cable tv (if your using digital connection, various programs make some speakers low in volume)
- read owner's manual and go through the online menu. should be under 'speaker level' and check to ensure that speaker isn't turned-down in volume
- check your sales receipt - HK comes with a 2 year warranty and from your model number, it should be under warranty
- goto HK's website and send an email with a full description. They respond in 24 hours and i've had great results.