What do you all think of this 32 incher [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What do you all think of this 32 incher

yogo
08-17-2005, 04:52 AM
for the price?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7027433&type=product&productCategoryId=cat03002&id=1099394918760

jasmit
08-17-2005, 07:36 AM
Looks like a fair price to me. For $479 you're getting a 32" TV -- not HD or widescreen but a nice conventional TV. According to Consumer Reports, among 30" and 32" conventional TV's, Toshiba ranks near the top in fewest repairs and serious problems.

Eric Z
08-17-2005, 07:52 AM
i'm always a little hesitant to spend over $400 on a non-HDTV. even if it is toshiba, 32", and flat tube. i would get the cheapest good name brand 32" you can find (sony, toshiba, samsung, jvc, etc.). the reason why is because eventually you'll probably want to get an HDTV- especially as the prices drop. my wife bought me a 32" el cheapo TV (a crazy no name) for a gift for the family room. she was smart because she didn't want to spend a lot because down the road, we'll be getting an HDTV (a few years). she bought me the tv 2 years ago for under $300 and i'm pretty impressed with it. just my $.02.

kexodusc
08-17-2005, 07:52 AM
Oh, you're talkin' about TV's....Gotta admit, even I was curious...

Eric Z
08-17-2005, 08:02 AM
good one, kex! i laughed out loud here at work- nice!

EdwardGein
08-17-2005, 08:30 AM
Does Best Buy think people are total morons Why would anyone in their right mind want to spend that kind of money for a non HD-TV? For $700 you can get a decent 30"widescreen HDTV from a name brand like Samsung for example at some chain on sale. Anyone who buys this TV should not be permited to breed. Shame on Best Buy

shokhead
08-17-2005, 08:33 AM
Does Best Buy think people are total morons Why would anyone in their right mind want to spend that kind of money for a non HD-TV? For $700 you can get a decent 30"widescreen HDTV from a name brand like Samsung for example at some chain on sale. Anyone who buys this TV should not be permited to breed. Shame on Best Buy

Spare bedroom tv or somebody older like my mom or grandparents thats could care less about HD,cable or sat.

GMichael
08-17-2005, 10:53 AM
Oh, you're talkin' about TV's....Gotta admit, even I was curious...

Is this related to the "towers in the rear" thread?

jasmit
08-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Well, as usual, you are quick to begin name-calling. There are many reasons why people buy things that you wouldn't buy. Not everyone thinks like you -- thank the Lord for that!

If you didn't think it was a good buy, there were a thousand different ways to say it besides name calling. But no, you immediately resort to saying that anyone who doesn't think like you do is a moron. Yes, you are indeed Hershon.

Vardo
08-17-2005, 04:30 PM
I have a 32" JVC TV flat screen (non-HD tv) that I bought about 6 months ago
for a second home theater for about $475. The price for the Toshiba
(which I consider to be a step up from JVC) is a very good sale price.
As for High Def IMHO there are just not enough sources providing it...
but that is changing at a fairly rapid pace.
When my 45" Pioneer (aspect ratio of 10 3/4 to 16) which is in my main
home theater goes bad (I kinda wish it would) then I'll be looking for a
50" or larger high Def TV.
As for buying a cheaper 32" TV with a flat screen, the only other names
that come to mind are Akai, RCA,GE and few others. You might spend
$100 less on those sets, but I doubt you would be very happy with
your purchase........just my 2 cents.......Vardo

yogo
08-18-2005, 04:34 AM
Really woulda scared ya if there was a pic attached

yogo
08-18-2005, 04:57 AM
Eric Z

i'm always a little hesitant to spend over $400 on a non-HDTV. even if it is toshiba, 32", and flat tube. i would get the cheapest good name brand 32" you can find (sony, toshiba, samsung, jvc, etc.). the reason why is because eventually you'll probably want to get an HDTV- especially as the prices drop. my wife bought me a 32" el cheapo TV (a crazy no name) for a gift for the family room. she was smart because she didn't want to spend a lot because down the road, we'll be getting an HDTV (a few years). she bought me the tv 2 years ago for under $300 and i'm pretty impressed with it. just my $.02.

I have a 32" JVC TV flat screen (non-HD tv) that I bought about 6 months ago
for a second home theater for about $475. The price for the Toshiba
(which I consider to be a step up from JVC) is a very good sale price.
As for High Def IMHO there are just not enough sources providing it...
but that is changing at a fairly rapid pace.
When my 45" Pioneer (aspect ratio of 10 3/4 to 16) which is in my main
home theater goes bad (I kinda wish it would) then I'll be looking for a
50" or larger high Def TV.
As for buying a cheaper 32" TV with a flat screen, the only other names
that come to mind are Akai, RCA,GE and few others. You might spend
$100 less on those sets, but I doubt you would be very happy with
your purchase........just my 2 cents.......Vardo

My reply:

The last TV I bought was a 27" JVC. Was the cheapest I could find for that size screen at the time and it's been good but the pic quality was always, well, OK. My son brought his 32 Hitachi (older model) over for a demo and the color purity was soooo much better.

This time I want a larger, better picture for a reasonable outlay of cash. I realize HD is where it's gonna be but this set may be right for now. In a couple of years I'll buy a 52 inch HD set for 500

Helping me focus my decision, thanks.

cyclone
08-18-2005, 03:45 PM
about 4 months ago i bought a Toshiba 26-Inch TheaterWide HDTV Television 26HF84 for $400 plus i got a toshiba 5 disc dvd changer for free($120 value). thats also Canadian bucks too. my advice is to shop around for a better deal.

Eric Z
08-19-2005, 01:59 PM
makes sense, yogo! i do like the toshibas as well.

good luck with your purchase!

toenail
08-21-2005, 04:03 AM
for the price?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7027433&type=product&productCategoryId=cat03002&id=1099394918760

I have last year's version of this TV, the 32AF44. It has outstanding PQ for an SDTV. I tuned with Avia and got what I consider to be the most out of it without going to ISF calibration. It is in "torch mode" straight from the manufacturer so you'll want to turn a few things down when you get it. I've recently replaced it with Tosh 52HM94 and am looking to unload my old set. Too bad you're in OH.