B&W DM600 Woofer Replacement Question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : B&W DM600 Woofer Replacement Question

cbrose
08-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Hello:

I have a pair of B&W DM600s which my wife destroyed due to her limited knowledge of "clipping". So, as a quick fix, I put a couple of Radio Shack 6 1/2 inch woofers in them and they sound like crap (of course). Thanks to the plummeting US dollar, replacement woofers are about $100.00 each from B&W.

So, here's my question: what other alternative do I have for replacement woofers? Am I pretty much stuck with the B&W replacement parts due to the crossover and the tweeter combination? Are there decent drivers I could put in them to get good sound without spending $200.00?

Thanks,

B. Rose

Florian
08-16-2005, 04:18 PM
Well since you already spend some money on the 602, they are quite decent. I would suggest reparing them 100%. I would replace them original parts.

-Florian

Geoffcin
08-17-2005, 02:50 PM
Hello:

I have a pair of B&W DM600s which my wife destroyed due to her limited knowledge of "clipping". So, as a quick fix, I put a couple of Radio Shack 6 1/2 inch woofers in them and they sound like crap (of course). Thanks to the plummeting US dollar, replacement woofers are about $100.00 each from B&W.

So, here's my question: what other alternative do I have for replacement woofers? Am I pretty much stuck with the B&W replacement parts due to the crossover and the tweeter combination? Are there decent drivers I could put in them to get good sound without spending $200.00?

Thanks,

B. Rose

That's why I'm posting this thread to the DIY forum.

From whay I've heard and seen, you should be able to replace those woofers for a lot less.