HDMI/DVI to VGA? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : HDMI/DVI to VGA?

DiscoRage
08-16-2005, 01:03 PM
I just bought an Expressvu 9220/Dishnetwork 942 HDTV receiver. I bought it for the dual tuner/PVR functionality. I don't have an HDTV as of yet, but I just realized... my monitor is capable of doing 1920x1080@75hz.

I was wondering if there was a way to convert the HDMI/DVI out on my reciever to VGA so I can display some HDTV content on my monitor.

Thanks.

HAVIC
08-16-2005, 04:23 PM
I just bought an Expressvu 9220/Dishnetwork 942 HDTV receiver. I bought it for the dual tuner/PVR functionality. I don't have an HDTV as of yet, but I just realized... my monitor is capable of doing 1920x1080@75hz.

I was wondering if there was a way to convert the HDMI/DVI out on my reciever to VGA so I can display some HDTV content on my monitor.

Thanks.

Not exactly sure but look into a ati all-in-wonder video card for a pc. This card is capable of accepting hdtv signals. I know it does it through component video, not sure about dvi/hdmi.

Also viewsonic makes an external hdtv to computer monitor hookup, check them out as well.

DiscoRage
08-16-2005, 07:33 PM
I was thinking something along the lines of this... http://www.villagetronic.com/e_pr_dvi-to-vga.html

Just a simple little straight through adapter.

Also, how are you liking the RX-V2500? I'm using an RX-V800 and I'm thinking of getting the 2500.

HAVIC
08-17-2005, 06:08 AM
I was thinking something along the lines of this... http://www.villagetronic.com/e_pr_dvi-to-vga.html

Just a simple little straight through adapter.

Also, how are you liking the RX-V2500? I'm using an RX-V800 and I'm thinking of getting the 2500.

you can use it with any DVI-i connector to experience the best possibile VGA quality.

It is only dvi-i so you will not be able to use it with upconversion dvd players and possible hddvd in the future - just some thought

Also I am overall very happy with my rx-v2500, but I do have some issues, nothing major just small enhancements I would have liked.