Loose sub connection [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Loose sub connection

L.J.
08-16-2005, 08:40 AM
When connecting my new sub I noticed the connection wasn't as tight a fit like my previous sub. I'm not saying the jack is falling off the post. The best way I can describe it is that I can pull the jack off the post or slide it on very easily. I've had the sub for about two weeks and haven't noticed any problems while playing movies, but I pushed the sub back a little while it was on(nothing playing) and it made a really loud sound. I'm sure it was due to the loose connection. Should I be dropping cash on a new sub cable to get that tight connection?

PAT.P
08-16-2005, 09:22 AM
Can you loosen the connection of the cable and try to tighten the cable with a pair of plier?Pat.P

L.J.
08-16-2005, 09:36 AM
Can you loosen the connection of the cable and try to tighten the cable with a pair of plier?Pat.P

Not sure I understand your question. R U suggesting that I use pliers to adjust the RCA jack so it will fit tighter around the post on the sub?

If that's your suggestion have you done this before or heard of someone doing this? It doesn't seem like it would do any harm.

PAT.P
08-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Some of my older RCA cable the connector was split in 4 and was able to bend them enought to make a thighter fit.If it does,nt work you could try getting a new RCA connector for your cable wire or go and by a new cable .Pat.P

L.J.
08-16-2005, 06:51 PM
Some of my older RCA cable the connector was split in 4 and was able to bend them enought to make a thighter fit.If it does,nt work you could try getting a new RCA connector for your cable wire or go and by a new cable .Pat.P

My cable is split in 4 like you said. I dont see a problem in bending it a little. Thanks for the advice.