AR.Com Speaker [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : AR.Com Speaker

poneal
08-13-2005, 07:03 PM
I have listed these speakers on Ebay. I have to many speakers and need to sell in order to keep up the hobby. Excellent starting price on these speakers designed by Audio Review's Ed Frias.
http://cgi.ebay.com/AR-Com-speaker-rivaling-Bose-Klipse-Infinity-and-more_W0QQitemZ5798889373QQcategoryZ14991QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

Florian
08-14-2005, 05:58 AM
Those look really great! Well who is going to be the lucky one?

-Florian

poneal
08-14-2005, 08:11 AM
I spent a lot of time on the finish but well worth it. I forgot to mention that I also flush mounted the port and speaker terminals. This is a real steal, but I need my next fix of speaker building. Someone's gonna be lucky on this one.

speakeroligist_38
08-18-2005, 02:52 PM
Hello there Poneal. If you still have the AR.com speakers for sale we need to talk. I am very serious. Send me an email if you still have them for sale. Thanks.
Phil

poneal
08-18-2005, 04:47 PM
the one on ebay has 2 days left. The other three a guy is supposed to paypal me tomorrow when I get the shipping cost. Your more than welcome to bid on the ebay item though. They went faster than expected.

poneal
08-18-2005, 05:21 PM
I just emailed the other guy the shipping charges, etc. If it falls thorough I will email you. My email is poneal@stx.rr.com. I just spent 2 hours polishing and cleaning up the 3 he wanted so I will be upset if he renigs. I only have 1 bid but 15 watches on the ebay item. I'm thinking it will sell. I will keep in touch and let you know.

poneal
08-18-2005, 05:22 PM
see above message

speakeroligist_38
08-18-2005, 05:25 PM
the one on ebay has 2 days left. The other three a guy is supposed to paypal me tomorrow when I get the shipping cost. Your more than welcome to bid on the ebay item though. They went faster than expected.
Well I dont do ebay. If they dont sell let me know. I will take them if possible. I personally dont care for ebay myself. Will be more than happy to deal with you via email. That is, if you are interested.

poneal
08-22-2005, 07:23 AM
I will not mention any names but one person was offering me $300+ for a pair but I just couldn't do it because it wasn't ethical. An offline person got 3 for his brother and the pair on ebay sold for the really cheap price of 177.50. That guy is going to be a happy camper. Sorry for all you guys that lost out, but I try and be fair to the first person who emails me they want them. If they don't pay within a reasonable time I go to the next person, etc. Anyway, it took me 1/2 a day to pack all 5. I packed them really good so hopefully UPS won't break em in transit. Now time to build some different ones. Here is a post to a picture of what I plan on building. My color scheme will be different but the overall design will pretty much be the same. The grill covers the drivers so I will tell you they are the RS28 tweeter, RS125 5" for a mid, and the RS225 8" for the bass. I am also building a center channel using the RS150 6" and RS28 tweeter. I will use my existing RS150 and MDT20 for the rears until I can afford to build 2 more like the center channel.

BTW I have two pair of small computer speakers I'm willing to sell. One pair using the full range Tang Band W871S and the other uses the Aura N3B may be wrong on the driver. They are both full rangers but sound pretty darn nice. The boxes are nothing special. I could let them go for $25 a pair plus shipping. Let me know if you want one.

Oh, here is the line to my on-going project:
http://home.stx.rr.com/poneal/rb.jpg

Regards,

Paul