AV-Perfection [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : AV-Perfection

tarbaby
08-13-2005, 07:08 AM
I'm just starting to put a Home Theaer together and am looking at various e-tailors which handle AV products. I have noticed the AV-Perfection has some decent pricing, but I am somewhat concerned as to whether their customer service is respectable. I know that Crutchfield has a good rep. Also, I am looking at Denon equipment and avperfection is not listed as an authorized dealer so I am concerned about their service as viewed by any consumers out there that may have had experience with this company, good or bad. Many thanks for your input...

kexodusc
08-13-2005, 07:55 AM
I've used 3, and would recommend in the following order of satisfaction:
1) J & R
2) Etronics (no authorized warranty, but they'll cover it anyway)
3) E-tail electronics - hardest working staff I've dealt with.

In the end, you won't find one that doesn't have some bad history...Nature of the beast, good luck.

Lexmark3200
08-18-2005, 02:59 PM
J&R MUSIC WORLD is where I purchased my entire HT setup in downtown New York City and the experience was WONDERFUL....it is a very reliable source for buying your gear, and in the stores, the sales guys actually KNOW what they're talking about; the salesman we had when my friend came with me to buy the gear, spent HOURS with me, letting me hear different receivers, telling me why HE owned an Onkyo personally and why he suggested one, etc.....in the end, it came down to me purchasing an Onkyo TX-SR600 for the heart of the system, and I would recommend either Onkyo or Denon for receiver selection and definitely go through J&R; I can recommend them along with Kexo.