toshiba hdtv protective screen ? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : toshiba hdtv protective screen ?

s dog
08-10-2005, 09:28 PM
I was reading on a toshiba hdtv discussion forum the other day, And one of the guys on there said if you take the protective screen off your tv it will make the picture look a lot better , BTW i have a 57h84 toshiba hdtv. If this is ture how hard is it to take off , i dont want to get to ruff with it and bust something. looks like the front end of the tv just presses on but i want to ask around a little bit before i tear in to it, I dont have little kids running around or a dog or cat so i would not have to worry about any of that kind of stuff. thank you !

kexodusc
08-11-2005, 03:24 AM
I found it reduced the glare issues with lighting and improved the picture a tiny bit. For me, I just didn't find it worth the risks. Somedays there's a bit of traffic in my room.
It's not hard to do generally, but it can be nerve wrecking.

s dog
08-11-2005, 08:26 AM
I found it reduced the glare issues with lighting and improved the picture a tiny bit. For me, I just didn't find it worth the risks. Somedays there's a bit of traffic in my room.
It's not hard to do generally, but it can be nerve wrecking.
Yea i hear what your saying, i think i might just leave well enough alone, not worth the risk for just a little bit of improvement. thank for the help