Hey Slosh, guess what I just got my hands on? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hey Slosh, guess what I just got my hands on?

Swish
08-10-2005, 06:34 PM
The new Death Cab For Cutie. Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies. Have no fear, an "evaluation" copy will be shipped to you tomorrow. They're playing at Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA on Friday October 28th, and I'm pretty sure I'll be going.

Swish

ForeverAutumn
08-11-2005, 05:08 AM
The new Death Cab For Cutie. Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies. Have no fear, an "evaluation" copy will be shipped to you tomorrow. They're playing at Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA on Friday October 28th, and I'm pretty sure I'll be going.

Swish

You lucky dog! Have you listened to it? How is it?

Slosh
08-11-2005, 02:46 PM
Excellent (in my best Monty Burns voice) :)

Wonder if this one will be on SACD like the last one? If not there's always vinyl when I buy a legit copy.

I gotta get out there some more. I haven't been given a promo CD in probably a decade :(

Hmmm . . . . I guess I need to poke around a bit to find out if there will be another SFA DVD for Lovekraft.

NP: Fruit Bats - Spelled In Bones (reminds me of Gorky's Zygotic Mynci - The Blue Trees EP. That's a bloody good thing :cool: )

Swish
08-14-2005, 09:38 AM
You lucky dog! Have you listened to it? How is it?

It sure sounds similar to Transatlanticism style-wise, although I don't think they would have reason to make drastic changes. Been out of town but took this one with me. I had already "pre-ordered" it from DeepDiscountCD.com with a release date of August 30th, so I was quite surprised when an acquaintance handed me a copy last Wednesday. I didn't ask, I just played it.

I got you covered!

Swish