Paging guitar players [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Paging guitar players

ForeverAutumn
08-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Can anyone recommend any good sites for finding music and tabs (for free)? I frequently use OLGA (www.olga.net), but I need to find some other sites. OLGA doesn't always have what I'm looking for, or what they have isn't always correct.

Thanks.

MindGoneHaywire
08-10-2005, 12:21 PM
It's been awhile, I've found some good stuff here & there, but the problem is that those sites are usually always very aggressive with popups & spyware & are generally annoying. A simple Google search will usually find you what you're looking for, if it's out there, but I'd just be careful.

Swish
08-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Can anyone recommend any good sites for finding music and tabs (for free)? I frequently use OLGA (www.olga.net), but I need to find some other sites. OLGA doesn't always have what I'm looking for, or what they have isn't always correct.

Thanks.

but that's the Olga engine you mentioned. J's suggestion is likely the best solution. You can't get freebies on everything out there, but you can on most. Heck, I didn't know you played. What kinda guitar(s) do you own?

Swish Baby

cam
08-10-2005, 06:29 PM
http://www.mxtabs.net/songs.php?path=Guitar,a,24,Ac%2Fdc

MomurdA
08-10-2005, 07:02 PM
thetabworld.com
guitarnotes.com/tabs
guitartabs.com

ForeverAutumn
08-11-2005, 05:31 AM
but that's the Olga engine you mentioned. J's suggestion is likely the best solution. You can't get freebies on everything out there, but you can on most. Heck, I didn't know you played. What kinda guitar(s) do you own?

Swish Baby

I fiddle about on the guitar. It's fun to play but I don't take it too seriously. I've never played in public and I never intend to. But that's more for the public's sake than my own. ;)

I have two guitars that I love. The first is a Yamaha accoustic, solid spruce top, that I purchased in 1984. It has developed a very slight warp in the neck and I plan on taking it in this week to see whether it can be repaired. I'll be very upset if it can't.

The second is one that I purchased a couple of years ago and it fulfilled a 20 year dream of mine to own an Ovation. It's an Ovation Celebrity Deluxe Limited Edition. It's an absolute dream to play. You can view the details here, http://www.ovationguitars.com/index.cfm?fa=detail&mid=1141

Swish
08-11-2005, 12:58 PM
I fiddle about on the guitar. It's fun to play but I don't take it too seriously. I've never played in public and I never intend to. But that's more for the public's sake than my own. ;)

I have two guitars that I love. The first is a Yamaha accoustic, solid spruce top, that I purchased in 1984. It has developed a very slight warp in the neck and I plan on taking it in this week to see whether it can be repaired. I'll be very upset if it can't.

The second is one that I purchased a couple of years ago and it fulfilled a 20 year dream of mine to own an Ovation. It's an Ovation Celebrity Deluxe Limited Edition. It's an absolute dream to play. You can view the details here, http://www.ovationguitars.com/index.cfm?fa=detail&mid=1141

but my mind isn't what it used to be. That Ovation looks really nice, but I've never been a big fan of their products. I had one of their big "round backs" for a time, but that was only because I bought it, along with a Les Paul Anniversary Edition (it was nice but the jackarse has a tremolo bridge installed, basically ruining the value), a Peavey amp, and assorted gadgets, from some guy who needed some quick cash. I got everything for $600 and sold the Ovation Baladeer for $400, then the Les Paul for $400, the the other stuff for about $350 or so. Not a bad return, eh?

Anyway, if you like that guitar, then enjoy it.

Swish

ForeverAutumn
08-11-2005, 01:48 PM
but my mind isn't what it used to be. That Ovation looks really nice, but I've never been a big fan of their products. I had one of their big "round backs" for a time, but that was only because I bought it, along with a Les Paul Anniversary Edition (it was nice but the jackarse has a tremolo bridge installed, basically ruining the value), a Peavey amp, and assorted gadgets, from some guy who needed some quick cash. I got everything for $600 and sold the Ovation Baladeer for $400, then the Les Paul for $400, the the other stuff for about $350 or so. Not a bad return, eh?

Anyway, if you like that guitar, then enjoy it.

Swish

I actually do find the round back a bit of a nuisance. I mostly play sitting down, and the round back just slides off my lap. So, I have to use a shoulder strap even when I'm sitting. But it's so much fun to play and its just so darn pretty that I can live with using the strap.

While I can never see myself selling the Yamaha, I could see myself selling the Ovation one day and buying something with a more traditional build.

Manimal
08-14-2005, 06:20 AM
For tabs check out www.ultimate-guitar.com