Anyone got their Sunday tunes on? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got their Sunday tunes on?

tentoze
11-16-2003, 10:29 AM
It's a rainy morning in the desert (for a change), so I put Norah Jones on for some house-cleaning music. Shifting to vinyl next with Norman Blake's Fields of November, Little Feat's Waiting for Columbus, and mebbe Delbert McClinton's Plain' From The Heart. Anything spinning at yer house?

Ex Lion Tamer
11-16-2003, 10:37 AM
Sunny Day Real Estate, The Rising Tide

Next up...

YLT..And Then Nothing Turns Itself Inside-Out

Mark

Dusty Chalk
11-16-2003, 12:43 PM
I'm on an Echo & the Bunnymen listening spree:

Crocodiles
Heaven Up Here
Porcupine
Echo & the Bunnymen
Ocean Rain

Oh, and just got finished to Kylie Minogue's new single, "Slow". It's unassailable -- equal parts Madonna's "Vogue", Kraftwerk, Prince, and contemporary "laptronica".

DarrenH
11-16-2003, 01:28 PM
Now playing is Wishbone Ashs' Twin Barrels Burning. Prettty good rockin'. Typical AOR sound from bands of that era (1982). Do I detect a bit of southern rock here? Kinda bluzy at times. The tune "Hold On" is excellent.

Just got through listening to Uriah Heeps' Salisbury. Tentoze, you're gonna love this. Sounds pretty good to my ears and it combines the US and UK releases, which is only one track, but at least you get them all. Salisbury is very good but Look At Yourself is still king with me.

Got a few more I want to listen to yet. Joe Jacksons' Look Sharp, Gary Numans' Replicas and XTCs' Oranges and Lemons.

Happy listening.

Darren

Swish
11-16-2003, 01:41 PM
It's a rainy morning in the desert (for a change), so I put Norah Jones on for some house-cleaning music. Shifting to vinyl next with Norman Blake's Fields of November, Little Feat's Waiting for Columbus, and mebbe Delbert McClinton's Plain' From The Heart. Anything spinning at yer house?

by the Super Furry Animals (Disc One), followed by The Shins' Chutes Too Narrow, then Beulah's latest, "Yoko". Now it's time for some more football, and with the Eagles destroying the Giants, it's a great day so far.

Stone
11-16-2003, 03:11 PM
Right now it's a little New Wave:

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drc000/c078/c07863n4qy9.jpg

Earlier today it was Tom Verlaine, Clearlake, Dead Boys, Signal To Trust, The Aislers Set, and The Waxwings.

Stone

tentoze
11-17-2003, 04:45 AM

Just got through listening to Uriah Heeps' Salisbury. Tentoze, you're gonna love this. Sounds pretty good to my ears and it combines the US and UK releases, which is only one track, but at least you get them all. Salisbury is very good but Look At Yourself is still king with me.

Darren

Haven't heard either in quite a while, and don't have my vinyl copies with me- I'll be looking for the cd's- Look At yourself always sounded damn good on vinyl, as I recall. Thanx, Darren.