inwall speakers home theater setup [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : inwall speakers home theater setup

HAVIC
08-08-2005, 04:25 PM
Hello All, I need to purchase a reciever, dvd player and a 5.1 speaker setup for my aunt. She would like the FR, FL, and Center speakers to be in wall and the rears mounted. She had the house built and is pre-wired for this setup. Her total budget is $2500 - $3000 for the entire setup. I am not sure who makes good in wall speakers. I would assume about $1700 for speakers, about $700 for reciever, $150 for dvd player, and the rest for extra's like universal remote and any necessary cables.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Greg

PAT.P
08-08-2005, 05:45 PM
Hello All, I need to purchase a reciever, dvd player and a 5.1 speaker setup for my aunt. She would like the FR, FL, and Center speakers to be in wall and the rears mounted. She had the house built and is pre-wired for this setup. Her total budget is $2500 - $3000 for the entire setup. I am not sure who makes good in wall speakers. I would assume about $1700 for speakers, about $700 for reciever, $150 for dvd player, and the rest for extra's like universal remote and any necessary cables.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Greg
I never seen in wall centre channel and most in wall speakers are not Magna Shiel.There is lots of on wall that are slim and MagneShield like Paradigm Cinama ,Dahlquist,ect .Make sure if their near Tv they are shielded.Pat.P

Breezer88888
08-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Hi Havic,

I have Polk RC85s (see my review in this forum) which have an 8 inch woofer and 1 inch aimable tweeter. The sound and performance has been more than I could have asked for. Crutchfield still sells them, so I know you can find them at a reasonable price. Although its difficult to demo in-walls until they are installed in your home, I've always liked Polk and Infinity.

For Infinity, they have a very good eBay store (Harman Audio) which is currently auctioning refurbished in-walls at a great value. I've had wonderful luck with their eBay items because Infinity supports their products and gives you a warranty as if it were new. I know that auctioning and refurbished goods may be a turn off, but if you take a look, you'll see that the value is there (especially if you know the Infinity line).

Whichever speaker you decide to go with, if at all possible, try to build a box within the wall behind the sheetrock. It will reinforce the sound and lessen the leakage into unwanted areas (next room, up/down stairs).

Good luck,
Breezer

pelly3s
08-08-2005, 07:03 PM
If you want to do inwalls check out the tannoy stuff. Just go with 5 of the same speaker all the way around. There really isnt a need for a speaker that a company has decided to call a center channel. I mean its just another speaker. Hell I would rather have three of the same across the front anyways